Why is Dua Lipa so overrated?

8 minutes ago, Henry M. Torres said:

What a dumb thread, who featured it? Dua literally gave us an amazing era, a lot of bangers and hits and cool music videos, outfits. Not like boring Ariana or Taylor.

Funny how I get called out by woke people of Exhale for literally nothing but actually offensive threads like this one get main paged...  

How is this topic offensive? Just someone's opinion.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

She is pretty boring but I must admit that 'Future Nostalgia' is a great album, I can listen to it without any skips, but when it comes to her dancing skills, I think that she is nothing stellar. She isn't at the same level of charisma and stage presence of Britney, JLo, Beyonce, Gaga, Janet, Shakira or Ciara.

Is not a bad pop artist but I do think that she is overrated, she doesn't live up to the hype :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

• Love 1

I don't think she is overrated. She produced an amazing album last year, her music videos are great and her costumes too. I do think she is in the middle, she is not an Adele that just sings but she isn't Britney, that can dance too, she is in the middle and started to get good at it. 

Now, her persona, is really bland, boring.

On 5/19/2021 at 12:24 PM, redacted statement said:

Remember how annoying it was when your parents/grandparents/teachers said, "Back in my day..." You are officially that person now. Congratulations. :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

Exactly my thought :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I think Dua is special and really brought back the simple fun into pop music. I missed that kind of “not trying too hard to be different” kind of vibe with good and fun production :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

What the hell are you talking about? :gunney:

Dua has bops and a very distinctive tone, her voice is different and you can recognize her immediately.

She also improved A LOT on her performances.

Taylor wish she could do something like this... :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Jokes aside, I've always said this, Taylor Swift is the perfect example of what an overrated artist is. Her singing is average, she doesn't have a great voice and her presence on stage is very questionable. She has improved but is still somewhat clumsy in general. But despite that, she has a huge fan base and always gets incredible sales, people just like her in general, despite her aptitudes. It wouldn'tt be my case. :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

• Love 1

I’m not denying this woman’s talent, and she’s objectively beautiful, but I understand the OP’s sentiment.  I’ve listened to FN in full, and I’ve watched her performances.  There’s just something missing FOR ME.  Call it an “it factor” or whatever you’d like, but she doesn’t get me excited.

This isn’t going to make much sense, but it’s almost like her brand/look/sound is too polished.  When I watch her perform, I feel like I’m watching a Victoria’s Secret model singing and dancing to a well-produced track.  It’s almost as if she’s missing a grit factor that makes her hard to relate to FOR ME.

What made Britney, even Christina, Jessica, Miley, etc., exciting is that she had identifiable flaws that made her somehow more genuine and exciting (great dancer, but not the best singer; humble beginnings; etc).  Perhaps I don’t know enough about DL, but this is my opinion for now.  Absolutely not taking anything away from her—she’s wildly successful, gorgeous, and talented.  Just fails to get me excited—and my opinion really doesn’t matter.  More power to her.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block