Why did Britney Lose a Part in Dukes of Hazard to Jessica Simpson

rik

Spoiler

Hey guys! Really glad you’re enjoying my Jessica Simpson series. While you’re here please check out my hour long documentary I made about Exhale, I conducted several interviews with many exhalers speaking on their experiences as the movement progressed from 2018 onwards. 

but ANYWAY! On with Jessica, @SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN thanks again for sponsoring this! 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.eonline.com/amp/news/45599/britney-fit-for-daisy-dukes-shorts

in late 2003 I believe it was reported that Britney had read the script for Dukes of Hazard. This was during a time when Britney had the world at her very fingertips and had already starred in Crossroads. the kiss had already happened, and she was reading more mature scripts, such as  The Notebook. I’m certain her pregnancy had something to do with her turning down certain roles.

One of these roles was Dukes of Hazard. It was a semi hit (from my understanding) at the box office, but received negative critical reviews overall. I read somewhere that she auditioned. Why didn’t she get the part!! Why did Jessica land it in the end🌸🌸🌸🌺🌺👁🧿 discuss 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN can u confirm this? 

18 minutes ago, asitalian12587 said:

if i remember correctly she was in talks to be in the movie but never really auditioned. i know she legit auditioned for the notebook and the director said she was really great but they went with rachel mcadams but that wasnt the case with this movie. or i could be wrong lol

57 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

I actually don't know. Maybe @PokemonSpears knows? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

Britney told WENN: "Yeah (I was offered the role). Ashton Kutcher was supposed to be in it too. But things change and happen for a reason. That wasn't my time. I'm supposed to be pregnant now.

"And I'm proud of Jessica - she's doing really well."

https://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/a24008/britney-denies-simpson-jealousy/

4 hours ago, asitalian12587 said:

if i remember correctly she was in talks to be in the movie but never really auditioned. i know she legit auditioned for the notebook and the director said she was really great but they went with rachel mcadams but that wasnt the case with this movie. or i could be wrong lol

Just imagine Britney being in the notebook omg, so iconic.

I love Rachel McAdams though.

Archived