Digital Black Face?

1 minute ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

True, black people can be racist ofcourse, but as of present and past, there is no actual structural racism against whites. 

structural racism? racism is racism, enough bull****.... some people in usa it's really trying to create a newspeak

god, why americans make everything more complicated, they love manipulate narratives to their own benefit... "racism" is the new "freedom" it seems, change the meaning of the word as many times as possible lol anyway, y'all look like a bunch stupid and manipulable people to the world

1 hour ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

There are so many things about this paragraph that would sound much more appalling if you replaced gender identity with race or orientation. :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

Other than your takes on trans people, I agree with everything else you said. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

My biggest issue with that paragraph for me was the "me, me, me and I'll do what I want and please and f@ck everyone else" vibe. Just respect the person. We'll never fully understand someones thought but having a conversation is a start. And disagreeing with someone is ok. I've worked with a youth who was transgendered (male to female) and I always made the effort to go by "her" and her chosen name. I remember talking with her once and referring to her as a him, than apologizing about it and feeling bad because I respected her and didn't want her to feel hurt. Did she feel hurt, no (at least that's what she made me believe). Should I feel bad about it? Not really, it was an honest slip up. It's an adjustment for everybody involved and you can't just change your habits at the snap of finger. It takes work to rewire the brain.

I remember I used to say something about a certain race once, in regards to something I had notice, when people of a specific race were immigrants, and I remember a close friend of mine snapping at me saying "stop saying that, it's racist and it's not a good look" and I remember feeling offended at first, then ashamed, and then remorseful. Those that make me a bad person? No it doesn't. On that day, I was educated. Did I ever say that again? No. But do you know what that situation did to me? I learned to think before I speak. And I don't mean to think to make sure I don't sound racist. To think "ok this is your thought right now. Is it okay? Is it harmful? Is is Racist? Why? Is it cultural? What's the reason behind it? Why does it bother you? Why shouldn't it bother? and soooo many more questions and I'm able to educate myself. If I'm not sure, I look it up, I ask question but most importantly, I'm respectful about it.

At the end of the day, that's all that matters. Respectfulness and understanding. Take the time to listen before you judge and be open to having discussions and be open mind to changing your opinion when being challenge. Don't be scared to be challenge BUT BE RESPECTFUL! We don't have to have all the same opinions but we have to be respectful to one another. And yes I know, sometimes it's easier said then done but things aren't always as simple as saying your ABC's or counting your 1, 2, 3's.

11 minutes ago, MoonLight28 said:

structural racism? racism is racism, enough bull****.... some people in usa it's really trying to create a newspeak

god, why americans make everything more complicated, they love manipulate narratives to their own benefit... "racism" is the new "freedom" it seems, change the meaning of the word as many times as possible lol anyway, y'all look like a bunch stupid and manipulable people to the world

Im Brazilian though, and yes, in America and even here in Brazil or in europe there is structural racism, even though there are people in all of these places that try to deny that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Korb said:

No offense, but this is a really silly conversation when we could be talking about actual racism and anti-blackness.:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

You get it :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Now I will continue to use gifs of celebrities of all races and genders not because of their identity, but because their expression matches what I'm feeling. Let's stay focused on real race issues, like income inequality, police brutality, discrimination, lack of access to medical care and education. Enough of this bs.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

True, black people can be racist ofcourse, but as of present and past, there is no actual structural racism against whites. 

3 hours ago, MoonLight28 said:

As someone who is a POC, while systemic racism against POC is obviously much  more common, there are instances such as cases like these in South Africa where discrimination against white people appears to be systemic:

https://www.africanews.com/2018/09/04/white-workers-in-s-africa-protest-against-discrimination-by-black-only-share//

OT: Humanity just needs to be more kind towards all people

• Love 2
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, MoonLight28 said:

Racism is racism.
But structural racism is real.

Do you think racism ended immediately after Jim Crow and all its institutional disadvantages (economic ,educational and social) just disappeared into thin air? Racism was upheld in America by a political and social structure for hundreds of years so don't sit here and try to erase history or downplay anti blackness in America by saying we're trying to make things "complicated". Guess what? Racism IS complicated and you're not going to hand wave that away. 

Structural racism definitely is a thing and it kinda relates to what I alluded to earlier. Income inequality, lack of access to quality education and healthcare, etc. I mean redlining was only banned in the 1970s and neighborhoods are still feeling the effects today, also restrictions on voting rights.These aren’t individual acts of racism, these are issues that arise from systems we have in place in society.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I’d even go as far as saying the whole student loan system is a racial issue. Black and brown students tend to come from poorer backgrounds, so when it comes to them paying off their student loans with the ridiculous interest on top of it, it puts them at a huge financial disadvantage. That’s why student loan debt should be cancelled and US public education should be expanded from k-12 to K-16, but that’s a whole different discussion.

On 3/18/2021 at 8:54 PM, MoonLight28 said:

I love how blacks are becoming everyday more racists and ridiculous, way to go U.S.A, a country full of white and black supremacists, both are the same **** lmao...

Edit: No, you shouldn't respect oversensitive people, they need limits, look at how whiny they are getting for the most stupid things, giving voice and no limits to oversensitive person will end very bad. Black people have complained about a lot of pointless things: music, hair, clothes, accesories, language, makeup, movies, media in general, and now use of gifs? really? how much segregated they want to be? how much things they want to say "black people made it first"? they complaint about white supremacy and they are becoming the same thing, they are becoming racist and also making other people racist with their entitled attitude, riots in the name of the BLM atacking house just cause white people live there? that's sick af, U.S.A is sick.

Do you identify as Black? Just so you know, here in the U.S. we don't use "Blacks" to address Black people, that word is derogatory and practically dehumanizing. Also your whole comment is just wrong and disrespectful on so many levels. Black people have faced so many ridiculous types of racism, people taking from their culture and inaccurately using it, etc. unless you're a Black person in the U.S. don't tell them what and not to complain about because their anger is their business not for you to invalidate or validate or criticize unless you're interested in being an ally or activist and making a change. Black people in the U.S. are constantly told to sit down and be humble, silenced, often have people steal from their culture here, the list goes on. IF THEY WANT TO BE PROUD OF BEING BLACK AND SAYING BLACK PEOPLE MADE IT FIRST THEN THAT'S THEIR RIGHT AND BUSINESS! Imagine people taking form your culture and using it inaccurately and then saying it's no longer in trend when it's not supposed to be a trend. And in the U.S. you can't be racist toward White people but you can be prejudice to them and regardless you don't even seem to have any understanding about Black people's plight except bash their frustration! UNLESS YOU'RE BLACK AND ESPECIALLY A BLACK PERSON IN THE U.S., STAY IN YOUR LANE OR GET EDUCATED! Otherwise you're literally part of the problem and you wanna talk about people being oversensitive yet you decided to type a whole paragraph complaining and whining about Black people and how they feel! @Urbanney @Jordan Miller

On 3/18/2021 at 9:14 PM, HairFullOfSecrets said:

I dont see a problem with using black gifs (tho im not black so i wouldnt know)

But i do dislike the lack of representation in holywood etc, if you look at theater more rhan half of males actors are gay, but where is the LGBTQ representarion among A list holywood actors? Same also goes for other minorities.

Also, reversed racism is not really a thing.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:16 PM, MoonLight28 said:

Reversed racism doesn't exists, It's called racism. Black people aren't inmune to be racist either, stop giving that privilege cause it's making them more racists everyday.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:20 PM, HairFullOfSecrets said:

On 3/18/2021 at 9:28 PM, MoonLight28 said:

On 3/19/2021 at 12:47 AM, Hooked-On-Knee said:

As someone who is a POC, while systemic racism against POC is obviously much  more common, there are instances such as cases like these in South Africa where discrimination against white people appears to be systemic:

https://www.africanews.com/2018/09/04/white-workers-in-s-africa-protest-against-discrimination-by-black-only-share//

21 hours ago, Korb said:

Racism is racism.
But structural racism is real.

Do you think racism ended immediately after Jim Crow and all its institutional disadvantages (economic ,educational and social) just disappeared into thin air? Racism was upheld in America by a political and social structure for hundreds of years so don't sit here and try to erase history or downplay anti blackness in America by saying we're trying to make things "complicated". Guess what? Racism IS complicated and you're not going to hand wave that away. 

15 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Structural racism definitely is a thing and it kinda relates to what I alluded to earlier. Income inequality, lack of access to quality education and healthcare, etc. I mean redlining was only banned in the 1970s and neighborhoods are still feeling the effects today, also restrictions on voting rights.These aren’t individual acts of racism, these are issues that arise from systems we have in place in society.

14 hours ago, danny1994 said:

I’d even go as far as saying the whole student loan system is a racial issue. Black and brown students tend to come from poorer backgrounds, so when it comes to them paying off their student loans with the ridiculous interest on top of it, it puts them at a huge financial disadvantage. That’s why student loan debt should be cancelled and US public education should be expanded from k-12 to K-16, but that’s a whole different discussion.

I believe racism depends on every part of the world aka I don't think it's impossible for a White person to receive racism in another country of course. However in the U.S. they don't receive reversed racism nor racism in general, what they can still experience though is prejudice and discrimination and I believe xenophobia (for example an accent). However out of all of the pop forums I've been on, Exhale is if not the most annoying culprit when it comes to White people (and I'm not talking about specific White people from marginalized groups y'all know exactly what type of White people in the U.S. I'm talking about) and racism. Every time a discussion about racism and Black people in the U.S. gets brought up some White person just has to chime in and talk about White people discrimination. Not trying to invalidate experiences but y'all legit don't get how people from marginalized groups and Black people in the U.S. feel or experience and it's so annoying constantly going on Exhale hearing White people try to make the convo like "BuT WhAt AbOuT rAciSm tOwaRd WhItE PeOplE?!" or "BuT BlAcK pEopLe Can BE RaCiSt". Unless you're from a country or region where White people receive such issue, y'all don't have the same type of oppression in terms of specifically of race in U.S. society and no, going to a Black restaurant and getting treated unfairly there in the U.S. is not the same as the racism and oppression Black people and marginalized groups actually face. Don't even get me started on how Black people and those from marginalized groups get called racist just because they're angry at White people when it's cause of U.S.'s history but clearly a bunch of Exhalers don't seem to get that plight and be like "BuT iT's In tHe PaSt". 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

"South African companies are required to meet quotas on black ownership, employment and procurement as part of a drive to reverse decades of exclusion under apartheid. Meeting the rules makes a company more likely to qualify for government tenders"

Gurl, this is reparation, not structural racism, after being denied rights for so long, the government is simply tryng ro make up for that.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block