Why didn't these blow up?

I need explanations :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

songs-blow.jpg.c8976b097705eaa385b1a67247b02a8b.jpg

MAJOR LAZER FEAT. PARTYNEXTDOOR & NICKI MINAJ - "RUN UP" (2017) >>> This makes me dance in my underwear, e-v-e-r-y-t-i-m-e :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff: The song is a bop, Nicki KILLS her verse, and the video is cute! And omg I could lick PARTYNEXTDOOR's teeth whaaat :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:

KIM PETRAS - "ICY" (2019) >>> I know it kinda sounds like The Weeknd's "Starboy" but this is the gay version so I like it more! :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

TINASHE - "NO DRAMA" (2018) >>> This has it all, YOU KNOW NOTHING JOHN SNOW! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

TINASHE - "RASCAL (SUPERSTAR" (2020) >>> What else do you want from her :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

BEBE REXHA - "BABY, I'M JEALOUS" (FEAT. DOJA CAT) (2020) >>> The song is pure pop, and the video is a serve... You b/tches are high maintenance :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

NICOLE SCHERZINGER - "YOUR LOVE" (2014) >>> She's unbearable as a person by my gawd she delivered here! (do not blink while watching this one because every frame is a beautiful picture)

Which other songs/videos do you consider that got heard/seen but didn't really take off?

• Love 3

The hate train was about to explode regarding the Nicki feature. I remember how radio played the song, but without Nicki’s verse. Looking back, it’s sad how we treated this woman and how the industry tried to end her career. Legit end a career and replace her with a ******** who doesn’t know music. I personally don’t like the song.

This is a slept on song, but again... the ******** didn’t let Offset filming the music video for it because Nicki is clearly dissing her and that verse alone is more iconic than their careers >>>>>

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Style. said:

The hate train was about to explode regarding the Nicki feature. I remember how radio played the song, but without Nicki’s verse. Looking back, it’s sad how we treated this woman and how the industry tried to end her career. Legit end a career and replace her with a ******** who doesn’t know music. I personally don’t like the song.

This is a slept on song, but again... the ******** didn’t let Offset filming the music video for it because Nicki is clearly dissing her and that verse alone is more iconic than their careers >>>>>

I'm a white guy from Latin America so I really don't understand all that Nicki hate nor how the rap scene really works over there, but it really does feel misogynistic because I can't think of the same thing but with a male rapper... I mean Nicki is no lamb, but she justifies all her craziness with hard work and flawless rap.

But the comment about Cardi being a ******** is unnecessary. We shouldn't care about someone's past but about who they want to be.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

That's not "fairly reasonable", that's actually impressive... 0.0 The song is definitely more for Europe than for the US though.

Tbh a no6 is pretty good for Nicole's solo career. I think the reason I worded it as fairly reasonable is just because it wasn't charting for too long. 

• Like 1

Your Love was released in 2014? Really?!? Time flieeees :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

Anyway, let me include the whole Lily Allen's discography. Especially this bop. I suppose it was not bigger because of its message. 

This bop should have been bigger. Dunno why this didn't blow up. Could her attitude towards former president Trump somehow affect success of this song?

One of the best songs on Queen. There was that hatetrain against Nic, so it "flopped."

and some others

All songs should have been bigger. I believe that Ms. Rona did its thing to the first two songs. Then we have underrated artists from the UK. No explanation needed neither for VOSSI BOP nor Woman Like Me. It's obvious why GP paid those songs dust. Dunno about the last one. It's probably not a cup of tea for GP. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block