PROTEST: Britney Spears Official HD on YouTube

Stifler's Mom

Ok guys, so I apologize for the spam, but i'm really annoyed and infuarited with Britney videography on YouTube. As we have learned, RCA Records has been uploading upscales HD to youtube from several artists, Britney was included. Where does the issue starts? Well, the results...

4839787A-69B5-42C4-B80E-E0214DB70B05-900

Britney videography from start to finish was recorded 8k/4k/HD, either film or digital (hope that digital was not SD standard, which is very unlikely). Film tape can be exported and remastered to HD, don't get it wrong. So, if RCA Records owns the masters, why were they so useless to remaster her music videos properly? I just want you guys to remember that these are NOT ORIGINAL MASTERS, they're straight upscales. Why? RCA is taking the cheap way to do things. Maybe this is ok for locals, but not for us and people that care about quality. As Nigel **** (BOMT director) said, it was indeed filmed in film 4K and RCA does own the masters. The same follows for the rest of the directors likely, we're talking millions in production for a 3min music video.

This is also an insult specially for all us amazing upscalers that used AI Upscale and spent hours, if not days, to get these videos properly done. When RCA what is doing is literally 1h of upscaling them and call it a day. If you can't tell the difference here you go:

Spoiler

check also this folder where there's a full collection of them for you guys to enjoy: https://mega.nz/folder/xIpimBLL#wu2MIeIHU-J4pubs2sAodA

So my question is, are we gonna call it a day with this? Another labels with other artists like Alanis Morissete, Spice Girls, Madonna etc, have been properly using the masters and exporting them properly from their original source, not upscaling them. Check the examples above:

Spoiler

Maybe reaching directors for an explanation or requesting RCA to do better would be a start. Yes it might be expensive, but I mean, Britney music videos are a legacy... and if that's the only final result we will ever get, well. FY RCA. Just wait for Toxic, My Prerogative, If You Seek Amy, etc cause they're gonna be a visual disaster and are the hardest to upscale. 

Thank you for your time. :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

...Baby One More Time's director is called Nigel **** not Nick Nigel.

edit: Seriously we can't type someone's name if it is D.I.C.K? What religious chapter owns this site?

You can’t even say “Work *****” here anymore. It’s the name of a Britney song ffs lol

Just now, MakeMeFweaky said:

I wonder if RCA even has the masters you always hear stories about people losing archives like that big fire at Universal I wouldn’t be surprised if they lost them or if they’re too deep in the archives to find but what else can we expect from the laziest record label ever

not true, Britney was not affected by it. but that was indeed REALLY messy and bad. something you can never recover from.

Do you really think they would restore ALL films and re-edit all music videos? It’s like spending time and money again on the editing, by remaking all CGI/Digital Effects again, it’s really expensive.

Forget about 4K Restoring. Almost all 90s/00s music videos were just upscaled (properly and possibly with AI softwares). Like Hung Up of Madonna, I believe it was AI Upscaled from an SD Digital master and yet the results are amazing compared to Britney’s sharpened and blurred Composite Masters exported in 1080p. We just ask to Britney’s Team, or RCA or SONY to use AI softwares (like Topaz Video Enhance AI or Gigapixel AI) to remaster the old music videos.

Just now, MSTAR said:

Do you really think they would restore ALL films and re-edit all music videos? It’s like spending again on the editing, by remaking all CGI/Digital Effects again, it’s really expensive.

Forget about 4K Restoring. Almost all 90s/00s music videos were just upscaled (properly and possibly with AI softwares). Like Hung Up of Madonna, I believe it was AI Upscaled from an SD Digital master and yet the results are amazing compared to Britney’s sharpened and blurred Composite Masters exported in 1080p. We just ask to Britney’s Team, or RCA or SONY to use AI softwares (like Topaz Video Enhance AI or Gigapixel AI) to remaster the old music videos.

Indeed. but if they have millions, is not that hard. Since we all did their job, maybe we can send them our files to them, who knows. 

Just now, Stifler's Mom said:

Indeed. but if they have millions, is not that hard. Since we all did their job, maybe we can send them our files to them, who knows. 

Yeah but they need some profits in order to do a complete restore of her music videos. They don’t want to spend money on something that wouldn’t make more money, unlike movies. The cheapest and best way to remaster fastly her videos is the upscaling method. They have ProRes masters, digital masters and all materials required to make the best AI upscale. If we did awesome AI upscales, I don’t see why they can’t do better than us.

2 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

You know what, I agree with this. They obviously pay attention to the numbers, if we could show them that the fan made re-masters are getting more views than their official videos, that will send a strong message.

Not my Overprotected remaster having 1M of views :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

Wait..they definitely saw my videos since they have huge amount of views, and as they monetized and earn money from my videos, they are aware of those remasters that’s why they started to remaster the music videos lol

1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

I know, it sucks. That word doesn't comply with Google's word filters. They literally hurt sites for language. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Oh wow this site is running on a google server? Who knew. Suppose it’s better than the site being attacked 3 times a year like 2010-2016

Remember that deranged Beyoncé fan who plaster the Beyoncé logo over the website like 7 years ago? 😂

1 hour ago, MSTAR said:

Do you really think they would restore ALL films and re-edit all music videos? It’s like spending time and money again on the editing, by remaking all CGI/Digital Effects again, it’s really expensive.

Which CGI BOMT has? Lol

Oops, Stronger, Toxic, Boys (maybe with an intro edit), Lucky (but it has mostly transitions, it would be possible but I wouldn't be that mad for being told it isn't), Piece of Me, Break the Ice, Do Something and Womanizer wouldn't be viable, but the rest?

15 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Which CGI BOMT has? Lol

Oops, Stronger, Toxic, Boys (maybe with an intro edit), Lucky (but it has mostly transitions, it would be possible but I wouldn't be that mad for being told it isn't), Piece of Me, Break the Ice, Do Something and Womanizer wouldn't be viable, but the rest?

I know that BOMT don’t have CGI :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: I made a list of things that have to be redone:

It’s like spending time and money again on the editing, by remaking all CGI/Digital Effects again

So videos with CGI or any digital effects have to be also redone in HD. If a video don’t have any digital effect, then there’s nothing to do with, but still, they have to re-edit the video.

Because they have to rescan all films, including unused footages have to be rescanned because they may be on the film. They have to remake the editing from zero, and it’s not free. The editing was already expensive when they made the video, I don’t see the label spending money again for those old music videos.

12 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

I know that BOMT don’t have CGI :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: I made a list of things that have to be redone:

So videos with CGI or any digital effects have to be also redone in HD. If a video don’t have any digital effect, then there’s nothing to do with, but still, they have to re-edit the video.

Because they have to rescan all films, including unused footages have to be rescanned because they may be on the film. They have to remake the editing from zero, and it’s not free. The editing was already expensive when they made the video, I don’t see the label spending money again for those old music videos.

accurate and this. CGI would have to be reworked but we all know it aint happening. but all we ask is a PROPER UPSCALE *** **** it.

Archived