This Day in Pop: Britney Spears performs at the 42nd Grammy Awards in 2000 (February 23)

FTBOMBH vocals were great especially in the chorus, the BOMT performance was super fun and the visuals were outstanding, but it was so shady towards Britney that they booked her to perform, gave best new artist award to christina instead (I mean no shade towards Christina, but BOMT alone is more legendary than her whole debut album and she too lipsynced a lot at the time but with zero stage precense :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:) and then the grammy guy even called Britney's performance the worst in the awards history and that they will never let her perform again. And then they literally banned her from Grammy's after 2007 :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney: There's only one thing left to say

tumblr_lvj59clBjj1qmuoyho1_500.gif

• Love 8
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Stannedforever said:

FTBOMBH vocals were great especially in the chorus, the BOMT performance was super fun and the visuals were outstanding, but it was so shady towards Britney that they booked her to perform, gave best new artist award to christina instead (I mean no shade towards Christina, but BOMT alone is more legendary than her whole debut album and she too lipsynced a lot at the time but with zero stage precense :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:) and then the grammy guy even called Britney's performance the worst in the awards history and that they will never let her perform again. And then they literally banned her from Grammy's after 2007 :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney: There's only one thing left to say

tumblr_lvj59clBjj1qmuoyho1_500.gif

Wait what did he say? Ans when did they ban her?? Wasn’t she nominated for womanizer in 2009?

8 minutes ago, car said:

Wait what did he say? Ans when did they ban her?? Wasn’t she nominated for womanizer in 2009?

THE HITS INTERVIEW: KEN EHRLICH (the producuer of Grammy's and Emmy's)

Spoiler

You’ve made a list of your favorite moments. Do you have any particular disappointments? You knew that was coming.
.... We did a thing I don’t know how many years ago called “Britney’s Incredible Dream” when Britney was the biggest thing in the business. I thought I had to book her. We did this thing where it opened up with her in a bed as a little girl. Then she did—I don’t remember what song it was—“Baby One More Time.” I thought that was a mistake. But there are a lot of ’em in the middle, and there are dozens near the top. But when someone asks me that question, those are the two that come immediately to mind.

He also bashed her on other article years back but I couldn't find it. And it was widely reported in 2007-2008 that Britney can't attend grammy becuase she's banned, maybe they lifted the ban after her comeback, who knows. It's just so ironic that the producer was such an ******* despite the fact that grammy awards have been trash since 1990s and now they can't even have good performances anymore and even the GP and majority of artists don't even care about it anymore :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Like 6

Unpopular opinion, but this was one of  her worst/weirdest performances in an awards show,  the transition between FTBOMBH and BOMT was weird, of course she looked stunning but all the flower thing and the robots... and let’s be honest the BOMT remix was not the best, I guess she and her team wanted to do something different but a better choice would’ve been the BOMT remix and routine from the Oops Tour and GMA performance, or even the VMA one. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

THE HITS INTERVIEW: KEN EHRLICH (the producuer of Grammy's and Emmy's)

Reveal hidden contents

You’ve made a list of your favorite moments. Do you have any particular disappointments? You knew that was coming.
.... We did a thing I don’t know how many years ago called “Britney’s Incredible Dream” when Britney was the biggest thing in the business. I thought I had to book her. We did this thing where it opened up with her in a bed as a little girl. Then she did—I don’t remember what song it was—“Baby One More Time.” I thought that was a mistake. But there are a lot of ’em in the middle, and there are dozens near the top. But when someone asks me that question, those are the two that come immediately to mind.

He also bashed her on other article years back but I couldn't find it. And it was widely reported in 2007-2008 that Britney can't attend grammy becuase she's banned, maybe they lifted the ban after her comeback, who knows. It's just so ironic that the producer was such an ******* despite the fact that grammy awards have been trash since 1990s and now they can't even have good performances anymore and even the GP and majority of artists don't even care about it anymore :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Wtf that article is terrible- what is wrong with him! Smh.. what an as*hole. Go back to the artists that pay you for their Grammies. 🙄

thx for sharing! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, danny1994 said:

I might get killed for this but I didn’t love the performance :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

FTBOMBH sounded great. BOMT seemed very disjointed, the dance break in the middle was weird as well as the choreo.

I agree. I hated it then and hate it now. I was actually embarrassed by that bomt performance with the weird robot things and her awkward dance break. Def not her best. It’s understandable tho. Her nerves must’ve been through the roof. 

• Like 1