Demi left with brain damage after 2018 OD and had 3 strokes and a heart attack

Imagine some of you lot still being negative on a thread about someone sharing a story from their darkest days.

Imagine if people spoke about Britney the way you are with Demi rn? Because she might not have been far off.

She's allowed to talk about this stuff when and where she wishes. It's literally part of her life. You don't have to listen to it, there are maaany different corners of the internet.

Either have something positive to say or shut the **** up.

Disclaimer: I don't even like Demi that much, her recent music isn't great, but damn the way some of you talk you actually need therapy.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Korb said:

Yes but to be fair, we can't invalidate her experience because it took her a long time to talk about it. Like that's not right. Especially because attempted suicide and **** use are incredibly difficult things to talk about. It's very personal and can be really embarrassing and hurtful to speak on.:kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

Noooo. Speaking from experience as a person in recovery MYSELF i would say a person that really wants to recover identifies what keeps making them relapse. In my situation it was my  environment and I really believe in Demi’s situation its the same thing. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

If she really wanted to get better she would do something completely different. Instead we are having a deja vu moment (another doc with another sad album) :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

If she REALLY wanted to HELP addicts she’d get off her preaching high horse and open a substance abuse clinic or something like that. Instead she wants to have another pity party and exploit her addict story for more money :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Why are people being so harsh on this woman?

Have you experienced what she has been through? I don’t think so... Instead of judging her, show some love and support. Nobody knows except her what she’s been going through. **** addiction is a real issue. It’s not always that easy, so calm down and give the girl a break. She’s a public figure dealing with very serious troubles. 

How old are you haters? 16? I can’t with some of you here... 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, rck92 said:

Why are people being so harsh on this woman?

Have you experienced what she has been through? I don’t think so... Instead of judging her, show some love and support. Nobody knows except her what she’s been going through. **** addiction is a real issue. It’s not always that easy, so calm down and give the girl a break. She’s a public figure dealing with very serious troubles. 

How old are you haters? 16? I can’t with some of you here... 

That's the downfall of social media,  someone said it best.  

People treat celebrities like video game characters and wait for them to die. 

It shifted a reality and while doing that, people basically became desensitized and showed their true colors. 

There view celebrities as not human beings, cos they're not poor and human like, and they want the downfalls to happen..

At one point it was just the industry wanting you to fail, but like Melanie C told Zane Lowe,  social media allowed the whole world to want you to fail and not get back up, that's an unstoppable evil and it will only get bigger if schools don't add this into the curriculum..

• Like 1

I'm glad she survived and I hope she won't be in a dark place again. It must be hard to talk about that. On her last documentary she said that she wrote You Don't Do It For Me Anymore about her addiction and to be true it did not tell much. It could've been a break up song. On Sober she got more honest and I wonder if we get even more honest songs or if she still struggles to reveal her battle. I actually new that she was in a bad place back in 2017/18. I think she sends out some help lines on Twitter and many people don't see it. I was shocked when I heard about the overdose but I somehow knew it would come sooner or later in that era. I hope Covid did not put her in a bad place again. It would be a huge loos for the world if she passes away. She is so young and talented and could change the world.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block