Cardi B's "Up" hits #1 on the Hot 100

Invitation

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Not to sound like “that” but for a song that is debuting at #2, you expect much more views like over 60 or 70+ million :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

The song is a banger but its nothing new from Cardi. IDK why u are hating on this song and its success so bad though :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

Aren’t you the only fan on here that bought Smile :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

You should prolly worry bout that :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, Invitation said:

After a week of tracking, Cardi B's latest single debuts at No. 2 in the tightest No.1 race so far in 2021. However, it still poses a very impressive record - "Up" is the highest debuting solo track by a female rapper on the Hot 100 this century, since Lauryn Hill's "Doo Wop (That Thing)".EuX7XjEXEAcLFOS.thumb.jpg.fa92c83ad67f756c31edee2e9bc2be61.jpg

"Up" tops the Streaming Songs Chart (31.2 million streams) and Digital Song Sales Chart (34k sold + 3k physical copies). However, it's radio airplays and @Style.'s prayer that count the most.

Olivia Rodrigo's "drivers license" is staying strong at No.1 for the 5th week.

The Top 10 songs this week are:

1. drivers license, Olivia Rodrigo

2. Up, Cardi B

3. Blinding Lights, The Weeknd

4. Save Your Tears, The Weeknd

5. Mood, 24kGoldn feat. iann dior

6. 34+35, Ariana Grande

7. Go Crazy, Chris Brown & Young Thug

8. Levitating, Dua Lipa feat. DaBaby

9. positions, Ariana Grande

10. What You Know Bout Love, Pop Smoke

Next week's No.1 will again be a battle between Olivia, Cardi B, Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande (+ Doja Cat and Megan Thee Stallion).

:trash_throw_away_recycle:

• Haha 1
  • Content Curators
48 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Still earns her the hot shot debut, which is probably a record for female rap, And unlike Nicki. I've noticed Cardi never free falls, she lingers on the charts. 

You don't hear cardi going 40 to 50 spots down like Nicki got accustomed to. 

I respect her for being grateful about a #2 when some people like Bieber would say #2 debut is for losers.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Invitation said:

I respect her for being grateful about a #2 when some people like Bieber would say #2 debut is for losers.

I think people need to accept the fact Cardi is here to stay, she has her fan base, and invasion of privacy is the biggest female rap album in the streaming era.  

Hell, even nicki's cried about debuting at #2. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I think people need to accept the fact Cardi is here to stay, she has her fan base, and invasion of privacy is the biggest female rap album in the streaming era.  

Hell, even nicki's cried about debuting at #2. 

Did Nicki though?

I don’t remember she did. 
I think the fact That Cardi doesn’t release a lot of songs and features gives people anticipation. And her visuals are really solid, even since Bodak Yellow.

2 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

The song is a banger but its nothing new from Cardi. IDK why u are hating on this song and its success so bad though :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

Aren’t you the only fan on here that bought Smile :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

You should prolly worry bout that :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:

Is there a problem in hating songs gettin positions they dont deserve because of streaming and second of all, I never even bought the SMILE album and yr coming for me? Gurl bye :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Haha 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block