Cardi B's "Up" hits #1 on the Hot 100

Invitation

• Content Curators

Update: "Up" is officially #1 this week!

Earlier:

After a week of tracking, Cardi B's latest single debuts at No. 2 in the tightest No.1 race so far in 2021. However, it still poses a very impressive record - "Up" is the highest debuting solo track by a female rapper on the Hot 100 this century, since Lauryn Hill's "Doo Wop (That Thing)".EuX7XjEXEAcLFOS.thumb.jpg.fa92c83ad67f756c31edee2e9bc2be61.jpg

"Up" tops the Streaming Songs Chart (31.2 million streams) and Digital Song Sales Chart (34k sold + 3k physical copies). However, it's radio airplays and @Style.'s prayer that count the most.

Olivia Rodrigo's "drivers license" is staying strong at No.1 for the 5th week.

The Top 10 songs this week are:

1. drivers license, Olivia Rodrigo

2. Up, Cardi B

3. Blinding Lights, The Weeknd

4. Save Your Tears, The Weeknd

5. Mood, 24kGoldn feat. iann dior

6. 34+35, Ariana Grande

7. Go Crazy, Chris Brown & Young Thug

8. Levitating, Dua Lipa feat. DaBaby

9. positions, Ariana Grande

10. What You Know Bout Love, Pop Smoke

Next week's No.1 will again be a battle between Olivia, Cardi B, Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande (+ Doja Cat and Megan Thee Stallion).

Cardi B shows gratitude to fans for helping her achieve a high debut on the chart.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Literally nobody was talking about this song in the past week or so and it debuts at #2? Screams payola, if you ask me....

It’s the mediocrity and the bots for me.. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Also, @Invitationlet’s settle a thing. Just because I talk **** about this person, it doesn’t mean I think or care about what’s happening with her career. She’s a fad, if you ask me. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Style. said:

It’s the mediocrity and the bots for me.. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I tried to listen to the song but then in the first 20 seconds i closed it, since it sounded like any other single by Cardi B. Heck, even on my tik tok FYP i haven't seen the song anywhere let alone people ACTUALLY streaming this song. Thank you Olive Oildrigo from avoiding another undeserving song from going #1 :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Content Curators
15 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I tried to listen to the song but then in the first 20 seconds i closed it, since it sounded like any other single by Cardi B. Heck, even on my tik tok FYP i haven't seen the song anywhere let alone people ACTUALLY streaming this song. Thank you Olive Oildrigo from avoiding another undeserving song from going #1 :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Next Iggy Azalea has arrived

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block