Shania Twain on how Britney inspired her

Shania Twain praised Britney Spears in her new episode of Home Now Radio on Apple Music Thursday (Feb. 4) and how the pop star's Vegas residency inspired Twain's.

"'Hit me baby one more time.' Oh yeah. Britney Spears," the country-pop icon mused. "I don't sound like her, but I sing along to her records."

She saw Spears perform a couple of times during her first residency Britney: Piece of Me from 2013 to 2017 at the Zappos Theater, where Twain ended up for her second residency Let's Go! starting in 2019.

"I loved the room. I thought her show was great and I was motivated to get on that same stage, so her show inspired me a lot. It was a fantastic show," the "You're Still the One" singer continued.

shania-twain-sh-ml-200207_hpMain_16x9t_1600.thumb.jpg.afca494ccf84b6d94007487eb2864f10.jpg

• Love 8
1 hour ago, PZHSB said:

I feel like she would be the only duet to compliment Britney vocally. Some of the best live vocals I’ve heard from Britney were from the live DLMBTLTK performances. 

Mariah and Janet say hello considering Britney’s commercial voice is like a hybrid of both. Also, Shania and Britney couldn’t be any more different when it comes to vocal style/techniques.

• Like 2

Honestly, this is really super sweet! I love the fact that Britney receives love and support from a lot of legendary female artists like Janet, Madonna, Mariah, Celine and Shania! 

This is a weird turn, but are there any legendary female artists who have shaded or expressed their dislike for Britney?

I know Cher made some comments about Britney and JLo so I guess she’s not a fan but she probably likes Britney the person.

Also, to be fair, Cher pretty much dislikes everyone.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Slayer said:

She saw Spears perform a couple of times during her first residency Britney: Piece of Me...

"I loved the room. I thought her show was great and I was motivated to get on that same stage, so her show inspired me a lot. It was a fantastic show," the "You're Still the One" singer continued.

Lol @ the low key shade.

- “What'd you think of Britney’s performances, Shania?”

- “I loved the room.” :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

• Haha 5