Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated Retrospective <3

carlyraejepsen.jpg.3c97100936602281d15f0624e5dba0c1.jpg     Carly Rae Jepsen, better known amongst the public as "the-call-me-maybe-girl", has developed her own niche following over the past decade. Nine years ago she ate to our ear drums with her ear worm "Call Me Maybe", and since then she has been hard at work on elaborate modern-pop anthems for her fanbase. Breathy, dreamy and romantic are her signature descriptors; each song she formulates seems to be from a state of bliss. Dedicated is no exception. Over the album's 2 installments, there are stories of hopeless romanticism, love-fantasies and heartbreak. 

Before the album was released, Carly announced that she wanted to make a chill disco album with 70's influence including ABBA. There is a disco-styled theme throughout the album with a few exceptions throughout the track list. 

Dedicated promotional art:

27b4ec1e-0c66-49a5-8eee-592243f1a569.jpg

Over the Dedicated era, Carly released a total of 31 songs. 

Dedicated Tracklist - 

1. Julien - Single
  2. No **** Like Me - Single
  3. Now That I Found You - Single
  4. Want You In My Room - Music Video
  5. Everything He Needs
  6. Happy Not Knowing
  7. I'll Be Your Girl
  8. Too Much - Single
  9. The Sound - Music Video 
  10. Automatically In Love
  11. Feels Right (Feat Electric Guest)
  12. Right Words Wrong Time
  13. Real Love
  14. For Sure
  15. Party For One - Single

Dedicated Side B Tracklist

1. This Love Isn't Crazy - Single
  2. Window
  3. Felt This Way
  4. Stay Away
  5. This is What They Say
  6. Heartbeat
  7. Summer Love
  8. Fake Mona Lisa
  9. Let's Sort This Whole Thing Out
  10. Comeback (Feat Bleachers)
  11. Solo
  12. Now I Don't Hate California After All
  1. Let's Be Friends (Valentine's Day Music Video)
  2. Me and The Boys In The Band (End of tour music video)
  3. It's Not Christmas 'Til Somebody Cries (Christmas song and video)
  4. Always On My Mind (Dedicated Side B Japan-only bonus track) (link below, you are welcome

Carly toured the world throughout the last half of 2019 in support of the album. The Tour Setlist was as follows:

1. "No **** Like Me"
  2. "Emotion"
  3. "Run Away with Me"
  4. "Julien"
  5. "Happy Not Knowing"
  6. "Call Me Maybe"
  7. "Now That I Found You"
  8. "Gimmie Love"
  9. "Feels Right"
  10. "I'll Be Your Girl"
  11. "For Sure"
  12. "Want You In My Room"
  13. "Store"
  14. "Too Much"
  15. "When I Needed You"
  16. "I Really Like You"
  17. "Everything He Needs"
  18. "Boy Problems"
  19. "Party for One"
Encore
  1. "All That"
  2. "Let's Get Lost"
  3. "Cut to the Feeling"

Overall, the success of the era was within Carly Rae Jepsen's fanbase. It seems the goal for Carly was not to gain new fans but the continue providing quality music to her DEDICATED fanbase. 

Music Videos From The Era -

Live Performance from era -

Overall, it's obvious to see that this era was DEDICATED to the fans. What are your favorite tracks from the Dedicated era? 

My top 10 Dedicated tracks are:

1. Want You In My Room
  2. Comeback
  3. Everything He Needs
  4. Window
  5. No **** Like Me
  6. Fake Mona Lisa
  7. The Sound
  8. Happy Not Knowing
  9. Me And The Boys In The Band
  10. Felt This Way

Thanks for reading!  Share your favorite moments of the Dedicated Era!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, 1stopBopshop said:

YOU AND ME, BY THE WORD BABY WE WERE AUTOMATICALLY...IN LOVE:madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:

I've always loved that instead of just trying to force another hot 100 entry she just really leaned into her craft and delivered bop after bop. 

Exactly! After her first album and the Curiosity EP, the Kiss album made it seem like she was going to go the Max Martin route but instead she went more indie-pop and it works for her! 

28 minutes ago, StephenDallas said:

I love CRJ so much my husband flew me to Paris to meet her for my birthday it was the Dedicated Tour and he got me a meet and greet plus a sound check and private performance, she was lovely so nice. 

I love dedicated but it didn’t surpass emotion for me , she needs to revisit the synth pop next 

Wow! That sounds so cool!  I love how upbeat and happy Carly is. 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this tour as well. It was at an intimate venue which I loved and the set list was amazing. Ralph opened and I love her too! 

my fave dedicated songs are prob the singles.... now that I found you, too much, julien, feels right, want you in my room and also real love. can’t wait for her next era 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MX3 said:

I saw this tour as well. It was at an intimate venue which I loved and the set list was amazing. Ralph opened and I love her too! 

my fave dedicated songs are prob the singles.... now that I found you, too much, julien, feels right, want you in my room and also real love. can’t wait for her next era 

Did you listen to the new leaks from Dedicated?  "Disco Darling" is amazing. Im addicted 

• 3 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block