Have you seen Justin Timberlake's new movie 'Palmer?'

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please do not publicly post ~the scene~

I watched it! It has a pretty basic (and somewhat cliche) plot line that isn't hard to follow. So it is slow, but I did like how it was a realistic account of the "south" or "country" (or even everyday life). Overall, it had a great message. Everyone is different and its unrealistic to expect everybody to be perfect - yet we battle against these enforced convictions or societal beliefs that are in place in our daily lives. 

There were some big moments that made me really cry a few times. How Palmer didn't abandon the boy when he expects to be. Then how hard Palmer tries to adopt him. I'm not spoiling anything, its fairly obvious in the trailer. Then there's the scene at the end where they are separated - I swear they did that for added effect but it was still soul wrenching to watch (NO DON'T GO!!!! LOL). I can really relate to that feeling where you don't feel accepted and when someone accepts you for who you are, it gets me really emotional. I haven't found that yet in a romantic capacity - but I think that's another reason I got even more emotional because it doesn't happen often and it was heartfelt to watch Palmer and the kid bond (and transform because of their joint connection).  

I also like how they pointed out that being "queer" isn't so bad or sacrilegious ... compared to how some other country folk "act" and treat other people. Being queer in some ways is great!

Justin's *** scene was kind of hot. It went from one scene at the bar where she's like ... so are we going to talk ... panning quickly over to another scene with them banging uncontrollably and aggressively. We get a nice shot of Justin's ***** thrusting hard ... but obviously it seem unrealistic and exaggerated for film. Palmer up until that point seemed numb. A part of me chalked it up to him being repressed in prison, but honestly can't complain seeing Justin semi-naked. 

To sum up, I cried a few times but I wouldn't say its Oscar-worthy either. I enjoyed it for what it was. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block