That's Where You Take Me

On 4/23/2021 at 4:57 PM, Isla said:

I'm pretty sure that That's Where You Take Me CD single is real, it was confirmed somewhere I think. Funnily enough I went to Discogs to check but I don't actually see the single listed on there. But then again, Discogs gets added to all the time....

The gilad one is a bootleg, It was done in my country and it was sold as fanmade.

On 4/23/2021 at 6:07 PM, Lonely2001 said:

@PokemonSpears @MSTAR @Isla

So guys this is the info that this nice collector guy gave me:

"That's Where You Take Me was released as a single in Philippines with music video and promo CD. The promo CD was made by the record label in Philippines for an event with Britney's fan club. I saw a lot of versions on the internet of the CD, no one ever knowss which one is official but the design is like in the photos we can see online. At the time I use to have a low quality picture of a CD single but it was in a CD jewel case, not a slim one."

He is a releable source, and he told me that the Unusual You single was a bootleg. And he had evidence, like something to do with bar patterns and stuff.

The video is legit too! 🙂

If this is legit, at least that confirms that: 

1. 160P video is real.

2. the slimcase CDs are fake and only the jewel case was made.

23 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

@MSTAR @Isla @Lonely2001

so our very own @Roxxy provided me with the closest to a receipt there is about the video getting played on that MYX channel. Here it is on June 28, 2003 at #3

that still doesn't explain where the video comes from, because the video on youtube doesn't have any tags from the channel. Roxxy also says it was played on MTV Philippines too, not just MYX, and that there used to be bootleg compilations that included the video. So maybe that's where it comes from, but again, who knows where would they get it. It was also played on the radio.

She explained to me that Anticipating was a huge hit in the Philippines. It came right after Boys. The DWADT performance was used as the video and it got a similar run on the channel, just like any other single. That's why TWYTM came out until 2003, after Anticipating's reign was over. It was successful but not as much as the previous singles, so that was it for the Britney era. A few months later MATM would come out.

So now we know the video is real, although the only real one would be the 160P one (not sure if the tagged one by BritneyMediacjbnet is exactly the same one). So weird that no one in the Philippines recorded the TV Rips.

We should ask MYX to play the video again? Maybe through their Twitter, so someone could rip it (?)

• Love 3
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

So now we know the video is real, although the only real one would be the 160P one (not sure if the tagged one by BritneyMediacjbnet is exactly the same one). So weird that no one in the Philippines recorded the TV Rips.

We should ask MYX to play the video again? Maybe through their Twitter, so someone could rip it (?)

that could be an option, I'll ask Roxxy what is the current status of the channel like, maybe they now work through social media requests or something

54 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

The gilad one is a bootleg, It was done in my country and it was sold as fanmade.

1. 160P video is real.

That's an awesome idea, and yes, every other is the same as that 160P one, just tagged. Mine isn't tagged because I edited the scenes from Britney Online. The scenes are the same as in official video. Here is the video:

MSTAR upscaled it and uploaded it because it was the best source. I think that you should upload it to your site because it is official. Also I remember there was an Anticipating TV rip on your site but I can't find it anywhere now. Could you manage to upload both in the videos section because they were official videos? PS I love your site! ❤❤❤❤

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CJMCH said:

1. 160P video is real.

Yeah that LQ video of That’s Where You Take Me on YouTube looks legit, it have a few differences in the editing but there are no major changes. The other versions out there look more "finished" as there are additional scenes instead of black fading transitions where we can find on the first LQ video, maybe the new versions a sort of "Director’s Cut" or some people re-edited the video by using the making of DWADT and 2001 VMA, something like that.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, CJMCH said:

1. 160P video is real.

So I talked to her and told me the government ordered to shut down the tv network that owned the channel, precisely last year :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: She had told me about it but I didn't know that included MYX :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

She said she's gonna try to find some info with her contacts on the tv business, though ahe doesn't know anyone directly connected to MYX. She'll also try to track down whoever was distributing or owned those bootleg compilations that had the video, among any remnants of the official fan club

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

So I talked to her and told me the government ordered to shut down the tv network that owned the channel, precisely last year :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: She had told me about it but I didn't know that included MYX :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

She said she's gonna try to find some info with her contacts on the tv business, though ahe doesn't know anyone directly connected to MYX. She'll also try to track down whoever was distributing or owned those bootleg compilations that had the video, among any remnants of the official fan club

Oh thank you so much for asking to @Roxxy, also thank you so much @Roxxy:makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

Apparently it was also aired on MTV Philippines, so maybe it would be easier to find some accurate information?

• Like 1
14 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

that could be an option, I'll ask Roxxy what is the current status of the channel like, maybe they now work through social media requests or something

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

They are still active on Twitter though, as @MYXphilippines, maybe there could be a way to ask them? 

They did a throwback to Britney on their website but no one took notice and I think it's already down.

14 hours ago, Lonely2001 said:

That's an awesome idea, and yes, every other is the same as that 160P one, just tagged. Mine isn't tagged because I edited the scenes from Britney Online. The scenes are the same as in official video. Here is the video:

MSTAR upscaled it and uploaded it because it was the best source. I think that you should upload it to your site because it is official. Also I remember there was an Anticipating TV rip on your site but I can't find it anywhere now. Could you manage to upload both in the videos section because they were official videos? PS I love your site! ❤❤❤❤

Thank you so much for doing this and thanks for the support, it really means a lot! Sadly, the only official version is the 160P, the other ones are re-edited from that one and even though there are minor differences, it shows on a comparison that they're not exactly like the real one, that's why I can't put it up.

We never had the Anticipating video there, mainly because it is the DVD version of the performance, but cut. We will consider putting it up.

12 hours ago, MSTAR said:

Yeah that LQ video of That’s Where You Take Me on YouTube looks legit, it have a few differences in the editing but there are no major changes. The other versions out there look more "finished" as there are additional scenes instead of black fading transitions where we can find on the first LQ video, maybe the new versions a sort of "Director’s Cut" or some people re-edited the video by using the making of DWADT and 2001 VMA, something like that.

The LQ one is the first version that appeared on the Internet back in the day, so the new updated versions are made using that one as reference, all of them with different minor changes, but fanmade at the end.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

They are still active on Twitter though, as @MYXphilippines, maybe there could be a way to ask them? 

They did a throwback to Britney on their website but no one took notice and I think it's already down.

Thank you so much for doing this and thanks for the support, it really means a lot! Sadly, the only official version is the 160P, the other ones are re-edited from that one and even though there are minor differences, it shows on a comparison that they're not exactly like the real one, that's why I can't put it up.

We never had the Anticipating video there, mainly because it is the DVD version of the performance, but cut. We will consider putting it up.

The LQ one is the first version that appeared on the Internet back in the day, so the new updated versions are made using that one as reference, all of them with different minor changes, but fanmade at the end.

The problem is that we aren’t even sure that first LQ video is official or not. Since there’s no logo of a TV channel, that means it was potentially ripped from an original source, but where? We still don’t know. :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh: Maybe from the CD single but there’s absolutely no rip of it on internet...
I still don’t understand why the label didn’t officially released the video somewhere. I mean, probably not on her official channel but at least somewhere else like on Greatest Hits: My Prerogative DVD as a bonus video for example. :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

1 hour ago, MSTAR said:

Oh thank you so much for asking to @Roxxy, also thank you so much @Roxxy:makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

Apparently it was also aired on MTV Philippines, so maybe it would be easier to find some accurate information?

I've tried searching on waybackmachine on the MTV site, sadly there's no particular site for Philippines, but instead it was just MTV Asia, and the only Britney videos I could find they had up were Overprotected and Not a Girl

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MSTAR said:

The problem is that we aren’t even sure that first LQ video is official or not. Since there’s no logo of a TV channel, that means it was potentially ripped from an original source, but where? We still don’t know. :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh: Maybe from the CD single but there’s absolutely no rip of it on internet...
I still don’t understand why the label didn’t officially released the video somewhere. I mean, probably not on her official channel but at least somewhere else like on Greatest Hits: My Prerogative DVD as a bonus video for example. :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

Oh, I know, but, I mean, the first video that appeared is the 160P one, meaning that this is where it all began while the other versions are edits based on that one.

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I've tried searching on waybackmachine on the MTV site, sadly there's no particular site for Philippines, but instead it was just MTV Asia, and the only Britney videos I could find they had up were Overprotected and Not a Girl

Hopefully @Roxxy can help us go further with this

• Like 1
On 4/25/2021 at 5:43 PM, CJMCH said:

Hopefully @Roxxy can help us go further with this

off topic, do you happen to have a special they aired in 2009 on Telehit in Mexico, about Britney Spears? 

I've been looking for it for ages. I saw it on TV when it first aired, if it's the same special I'm thinking, and it was very weird because at some point they talked about her unreleased songs and they even played a fragment of Abroad (that's the one I remember, but I know there were at least a couple more). I never thought much about it when it happened, but years later I realized how odd that was, but haven't been able to find it anywhere. The special wasn't anything "special" really lol they just showed some of her videos and talk very briefly about her career, it was probably like half an hour long. 

And speaking of Telehit, I've read somewhere that there was also an interview with her for a show called Válvula de Escape, with Horacio Villalobos ( :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: ) but I've never watched it :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: It's not from her visit in 2002, I think it was a year prior, so he must've traveled to where she was. It was most likely for the release of the Britney album. 

6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

off topic, do you happen to have a special they aired in 2009 on Telehit in Mexico, about Britney Spears? 

I've been looking for it for ages. I saw it on TV when it first aired, if it's the same special I'm thinking, and it was very weird because at some point they talked about her unreleased songs and they even played a fragment of Abroad (that's the one I remember, but I know there were at least a couple more). I never thought much about it when it happened, but years later I realized how odd that was, but haven't been able to find it anywhere. The special wasn't anything "special" really lol they just showed some of her videos and talk very briefly about her career, it was probably like half an hour long. 

And speaking of Telehit, I've read somewhere that there was also an interview with her for a show called Válvula de Escape, with Horacio Villalobos ( :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: ) but I've never watched it :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: It's not from her visit in 2002, I think it was a year prior, so he must've traveled to where she was. It was most likely for the release of the Britney album. 

We don't have that special, the other interview might be easier to find though but can't promise anything, she did a lot of interviews for the Britney album release.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 4/25/2021 at 3:26 PM, CJMCH said:

1. 160P video is real.

A music video with a "Myx" tag would look something like this I'd imagine.

This video is for Destiny's Child's "Brown Eyes", which was never released as a Single in the US, but was a huge hit in the Philippines in 2002 and is considered a bona fide classic here. This video was what was shown in Myx in those days during top ten/top 20 countdown shows and stuff.