Jump to content

New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 12:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

That's Where You Take Me


MikeMasi

Recommended Posts

On 1/14/2021 at 11:39 PM, MikeMasi said:

I haven't heard the song in a really long time and heard it again tonight and I was like, this is such a bop! Let's have some appreciation for the song!

 

And her laugh is so cute!

 

 

I always forget this song until I hear it randomly and I come running back!

Link to comment
4 hours ago, MSTAR said:

I know it’s been a long time lol but here you go (AI upscaled in 4K) :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

I think it’s the best quality out there since there’s still no CD-rip from the Philippines’ single.

Oh my god the video was cute 

her voice sounds so cute in this song 

Something about her eyes just makes my heart melt 

Link to comment
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, MSTAR said:

Oh, I found indeed many people on YT who confirmed that appeared on MYX TV, a popular music channel in early 2000s in Philippines.

Just found this page, where it confirms that was released as single and also had a Promo Video as bonus on the Single CD. And that Promo Video is actually the music video which makes sense.

I've been searching all day, and still don't get more info, but stumbled upon this archived news on worldofbritney: https://web.archive.org/web/20030220183805/https://www.worldofbritney.com:80/archives/index3.html

if you scroll down you'll find this bit:

Quote

Bombastic Love Is Released In Chile, South America

Britney's single 'Bombastic Love' has now been released in Santiago, Chile premiering at the charts at the In Tremendo Choque Show. We have learned that the label decided to release the rest of the songs of the album throughout the world markets, depending on the style....so far, singles that have not been released in the US or Europe (except France) but in the rest of the world include Cinderella, Anticipating and Bombastic Love.

Posted by Ruben

 

I had no idea :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: I suppose it was just sent to radio. I do remember hearing it here in Mexico, or maybe it was Cinderella, but the thing is it was somewhat common for radio stations to sometimes play album tracks, especially if people asked for them, so I never thought anything about it. 

  • Love 2

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 8 here

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I've been searching all day, and still don't get more info, but stumbled upon this archived news on worldofbritney: https://web.archive.org/web/20030220183805/https://www.worldofbritney.com:80/archives/index3.html

if you scroll down you'll find this bit:

 

I had no idea :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: I suppose it was just sent to radio. I do remember hearing it here in Mexico, or maybe it was Cinderella, but the thing is it was somewhat common for radio stations to sometimes play album tracks, especially if people asked for them, so I never thought anything about it. 

Thanks for the research! I didn’t know that Bombastic Love was a single too!

For That’s Where You Take Me, there’s this CD-rip under "Singles" folder of Britney Media, with the scans of the CD-cover of the single. So that’s maybe confirming that’s actually an official single? :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/7mAu/FUZTZpCSe/Singles/2003 - That's Where You Take Me [Philippines Promo CD Single]/

But the music video is missing there.

Link to comment
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Thanks for the research! I didn’t know that Bombastic Love was a single too!

For That’s Where You Take Me, there’s this CD-rip under "Singles" folder of Britney Media, with the scans of the CD-cover of the single. So that’s maybe confirming that’s actually an official single? :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/7mAu/FUZTZpCSe/Singles/2003 - That's Where You Take Me [Philippines Promo CD Single]/

But the music video is missing there.

I found this too, but as with many other releases, there's also a lot of fake singles/albums so it's only hard to know, but at least this is the cover I see the most

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-804534596-britney-spears-thats-where-you-take-me-single-muy-raro-_JM

 

  • Like 1

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 8 here

Link to comment
  • Super Mods
9 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Thanks for the research! I didn’t know that Bombastic Love was a single too!

For That’s Where You Take Me, there’s this CD-rip under "Singles" folder of Britney Media, with the scans of the CD-cover of the single. So that’s maybe confirming that’s actually an official single? :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/7mAu/FUZTZpCSe/Singles/2003 - That's Where You Take Me [Philippines Promo CD Single]/

But the music video is missing there.

I found this page too https://giladcollection.blogspot.com/2011/01/thats-where-you-take-me-phillippines.html

someone in the comments claims it's fake, and that they even know the person who did it, which is the same person that did the bootleg Unusual You single 

so, I don't even know anymore lol but the video at least was apparently real 

  • Haha 1

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 8 here

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I found this too, but as with many other releases, there's also a lot of fake singles/albums so it's only hard to know, but at least this is the cover I see the most

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-804534596-britney-spears-thats-where-you-take-me-single-muy-raro-_JM

 

Yeah I just saw that before and thought that looked like an official single but wasn’t sure if it’s not fake.

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I found this page too https://giladcollection.blogspot.com/2011/01/thats-where-you-take-me-phillippines.html

someone in the comments claims it's fake, and that they even know the person who did it, which is the same person that did the bootleg Unusual You single 

so, I don't even know anymore lol but the video at least was apparently real 

Lmao yeah at least we are (almost) sure that’s the official video but it’s kinda weird to release a Video Promo for a song that isn’t even a single. However, it was apparently very popular in Philippines so idk. :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

Link to comment
  • Twitter Team
7 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I found this page too https://giladcollection.blogspot.com/2011/01/thats-where-you-take-me-phillippines.html

someone in the comments claims it's fake, and that they even know the person who did it, which is the same person that did the bootleg Unusual You single 

so, I don't even know anymore lol but the video at least was apparently real 

I'm pretty sure that That's Where You Take Me CD single is real, it was confirmed somewhere I think. Funnily enough I went to Discogs to check but I don't actually see the single listed on there. But then again, Discogs gets added to all the time....

Link to comment
  • Super Mods
Just now, Isla said:

I'm pretty sure that That's Where You Take Me CD single is real, it was confirmed somewhere I think. Funnily enough I went to Discogs to check but I don't actually see the single listed on there. But then again, Discogs gets added to all the time....

it is there, marked as Unofficial release :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: 

https://www.discogs.com/Britney-Spears-Thats-Where-You-Take-Me/release/1961865

  • Haha 1

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 8 here

Link to comment
1 hour ago, MSTAR said:

Yeah I just saw that before and thought that looked like an official single but wasn’t sure if it’s not fake.

Lmao yeah at least we are (almost) sure that’s the official video but it’s kinda weird to release a Video Promo for a song that isn’t even a single. However, it was apparently very popular in Philippines so idk. :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

The single was officially released. People were claiming that copy was fake. I have some info on this single from a really nice collector and I'll share it with u guys in a minute.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

@PokemonSpears @MSTAR @Isla

So guys this is the info that this nice collector guy gave me:

"That's Where You Take Me was released as a single in Philippines with music video and promo CD. The promo CD was made by the record label in Philippines for an event with Britney's fan club. I saw a lot of versions on the internet of the CD, no one ever knowss which one is official but the design is like in the photos we can see online. At the time I use to have a low quality picture of a CD single but it was in a CD jewel case, not a slim one."

He is a releable source, and he told me that the Unusual You single was a bootleg. And he had evidence, like something to do with bar patterns and stuff.

The video is legit too! 🙂

  • Love 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
4 minutes ago, Lonely2001 said:

@PokemonSpears @MSTAR @Isla

So guys this is the info that this nice collector guy gave me:

"That's Where You Take Me was released as a single in Philippines with music video and promo CD. The promo CD was made by the record label in Philippines for an event with Britney's fan club. I saw a lot of versions on the internet of the CD, no one ever knowss which one is official but the design is like in the photos we can see online. At the time I use to have a low quality picture of a CD single but it was in a CD jewel case, not a slim one."

He is a releable source, and he told me that the Unusual You single was a bootleg. And he had evidence, like something to do with bar patterns and stuff.

The video is legit too! 🙂

thanks, that's the version I had heard of too, but it's just so hard to find any reliable sources 

  • Love 1

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 8 here

Link to comment
  • Twitter Team
1 hour ago, Lonely2001 said:

@PokemonSpears @MSTAR @Isla

So guys this is the info that this nice collector guy gave me:

"That's Where You Take Me was released as a single in Philippines with music video and promo CD. The promo CD was made by the record label in Philippines for an event with Britney's fan club. I saw a lot of versions on the internet of the CD, no one ever knowss which one is official but the design is like in the photos we can see online. At the time I use to have a low quality picture of a CD single but it was in a CD jewel case, not a slim one."

He is a releable source, and he told me that the Unusual You single was a bootleg. And he had evidence, like something to do with bar patterns and stuff.

The video is legit too! 🙂

That really helps, but good to know it was a single! Thanks! 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Super Mods

@MSTAR @Isla @Lonely2001

so our very own @Roxxy provided me with the closest to a receipt there is about the video getting played on that MYX channel. Here it is on June 28, 2003 at #3

that still doesn't explain where the video comes from, because the video on youtube doesn't have any tags from the channel. Roxxy also says it was played on MTV Philippines too, not just MYX, and that there used to be bootleg compilations that included the video. So maybe that's where it comes from, but again, who knows where would they get it. It was also played on the radio.

She explained to me that Anticipating was a huge hit in the Philippines. It came right after Boys. The DWADT performance was used as the video and it got a similar run on the channel, just like any other single. That's why TWYTM came out until 2003, after Anticipating's reign was over. It was successful but not as much as the previous singles, so that was it for the Britney era. A few months later MATM would come out.

 

  • Love 3

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 8 here

Link to comment
54 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

@MSTAR @Isla @Lonely2001

so our very own @Roxxy provided me with the closest to a receipt there is about the video getting played on that MYX channel. Here it is on June 28, 2003 at #3

that still doesn't explain where the video comes from, because the video on youtube doesn't have any tags from the channel. Roxxy also says it was played on MTV Philippines too, not just MYX, and that there used to be bootleg compilations that included the video. So maybe that's where it comes from, but again, who knows where would they get it. It was also played on the radio.

She explained to me that Anticipating was a huge hit in the Philippines. It came right after Boys. The DWADT performance was used as the video and it got a similar run on the channel, just like any other single. That's why TWYTM came out until 2003, after Anticipating's reign was over. It was successful but not as much as the previous singles, so that was it for the Britney era. A few months later MATM would come out.

 

Thank you so much for your information. And also thank you @Roxxy! ❤🙂

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block