Ashnikko Shouts Britney, Christina, and "Slave" Out On Her Songs "Slumber Party" and "Toxic"

41 minutes ago, ajw said:

Isn’t she referencing Christina Milian, not Xtina, with her song Dip It Low?

Huh, I wouldn't know because I've never heard of that song. Isn't she the one whose label dropped her because they wanted to focus on Rihanna more?! :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: Thanks for pointing that out, though. I think you're right. Dip It Low is too specific of a title (especially when referring to a Christina) for it to just be a coincidence. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, JayMac104 said:

I admittedly thought she was referencing Christina Aguilera, but it’s Christina Milian for her song ‘Dip it low’! Also, she has Kelis on another song. With these references/collaborations, I’m listening!

TBH, I'm surprised Kelis is listed as a feature in the first place. Apparently, it's just a sample of her song Caught Out There from which the, "I hate you so much right now," part comes from. I guess it's so prominently sampled that they decided to list Kelis as a feature. 

28 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

TBH, I'm surprised Kelis is listed as a feature in the first place. Apparently, it's just a sample of her song Caught Out There from which the, "I hate you so much right now," part comes from. I guess it's so prominently sampled that they decided to list Kelis as a feature. 

Tbh I think every song which uses a sample of any kind should do it this way, it would cut the frustration in half & also the controversy by paying homage... you know when you hear a song and you are certain you’ve heard it before, because it’s been sampled, it would be great to have announced instead of scouring the interwebs lol :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

• Like 1
14 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Oh man, this is disappointing. I'd love a fresh Kelis feature!

There would have been an agreement between Ash and Kelis/whoever owns the rights that they can sample the track if she's listed as a feature.

Each sampling agreement comes with its own terms (except for Nicki's cos she be out here not even asking to sample :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:)

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, BabyBabyBay said:

Oh man, this is disappointing. I'd love a fresh Kelis feature!

There would have been an agreement between Ash and Kelis/whoever owns the rights that they can sample the track if she's listed as a feature.

Each sampling agreement comes with its own terms (except for Nicki's cos she be out here not even asking to sample :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:)

Yeah, I figured there must've been an agreement because I can't imagine wanting to willingly confuse your audience with a feature that's not actually a feature unless there was an agreement. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

14 hours ago, femmefatoole said:

Tbh I think every song which uses a sample of any kind should do it this way, it would cut the frustration in half & also the controversy by paying homage... you know when you hear a song and you are certain you’ve heard it before, because it’s been sampled, it would be great to have announced instead of scouring the interwebs lol :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

That's a hot take. IDK, how I feel about that. IMO, that would just create unnecessary confusion. Sooo many songs are sampled that it would just overly clutter tracklists. In this case, I think it's reasonable because you actually hear Kelis' voice, but if it's just an instrumental, lyric, or melody, I don't think that should apply. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

8 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

That's a hot take. IDK, how I feel about that. IMO, that would just create unnecessary confusion. Sooo many songs are sampled that it would just overly clutter tracklists. In this case, I think it's reasonable because you actually hear Kelis' voice, but if it's just an instrumental, lyric, or melody, I don't think that should apply. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

Oh god, yeah. I didn’t think about that. Every track on an album would probably have a feature and it would confuse people when no vocals appear :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

1 hour ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Yeah, I figured there must've been an agreement because I can't imagine wanting to willingly confuse your audience with a feature that's not actually a feature unless there was an agreement. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

It's actually kinda clever though if you think about it, there's a whole demographic that would check this out because they think it's a legit feature, who probs wouldn't check it otherwise

Kudos to Fraudnikko :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

• Haha 2
On 1/16/2021 at 1:39 PM, BabyBabyBay said:

It's actually kinda clever though if you think about it, there's a whole demographic that would check this out because they think it's a legit feature, who probs wouldn't check it otherwise

Kudos to Fraudnikko :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

You’re right! That’s a really good idea for promotion. I imagine when they do go to the track and realise their fave ain’t really on it, they maybe more inclined to hate it haha like out of anger / deception :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

34 minutes ago, Brit Brit said:

Okay! :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: I respect the shoutouts.

Some of my friends don't like her, but I do. I wouldn't say I'm a big fan, but she definitely has "it". Lowkey mad that she didn't put "Tantrum" on the mixtape, though. That's my favorite song by her.

IMO, Tantrum didn't have the longest shelf life, but I wouldn't mind having it on DEMIDEVIL because the mixtape is too damn short... :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block