Are you still a Britney Spears fan?

10pm24

9 minutes ago, Style. said:

If you love Britney and do know her as you claim, then you would know that the Glory era is the most fraudulent Britney era ever in terms of everything - from her state of mind to the music.  :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

I HAVE TO LAUGH AND VOMIT ON COMMENTS “she was so free spirited when recording glory” NO **** SHERLOCK? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

That era would be Britney Jean :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:At least on Glory she gave her impression and opinion to Karen Kwak, when on BJ she was not even there to record the songs.

I've been a fan since 2007 so I didn't experience her prime as a stan but you really think you know her ? Her prime was 20 years ago people change and Britney has changed drastically. We don't know her anymore :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Roger said:

That era would be Britney Jean :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:At least on Glory she gave her impression and opinion to Karen Kwak, when on BJ she was not even there to record the songs.

I've been a fan since 2007 so I didn't experience her prime as a stan but you really think you know her ? Her prime was 20 years ago people change and Britney has changed drastically. We don't know her anymore :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

That era is Glory. At least on Britney Jean we knew she was suffering while she served gay anthems like Work Bich. On the other hand, we have Glory. ‘Just Luv Me’ and the whole album is screaming Selena Gomez which is a big turn off for me and a tragic moment on Britney’s discography. 

I’ve come to a conclusion that Britney doesn’t even know herself. They ruined her. It’s so scary while thinking of it. I’m sad. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I'm 28 now and being a fan has become a different quality, I think. I am not following all of her steps or checking in on her on a daily basis + I don't collect all items/merch but I still absolutely adore her music and I would try to attend her concerts whenever I can/she's somewhere around my country.

I mean, she's given me the time of me life/childhood, I went clubbing/danced to her Circus/Femme Fatale and even Britney Jean songs... I have been a fan of hers for 22 years.. why should I stop being one now? All the old memories, her legacy, her 9 (or 8) studio albums don't fade away all of a sudden... - Also, knowing how bad 07/08 was, I feel proud of being a fan of a true survivor. 

Wow! You nailed on the same feelings I have had recently. I became a fan since 1999 but tbh, as from 2008 everything I felt it was a good thing for Britney, started to feel uncertain now. 

I have been wondering how much of the true Britney we have been getting from her albums, from her shows, from her overall.

We knew already her label and her team had control over her artistic decisions but after the FreeBritney movement came to the light and we found out how much control they had over her not only professionally but personally, I started to reflect on how much we celebrated things that maybe (we dont know) she didnt even approved or agreed on doing, or how many things we demanded from her to do without knowing how much she was suffering behind the scenes. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

7 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Wow! You nailed on the same feelings I have had recently. I became a fan since 1999 but tbh, as from 2008 everything I felt it was a good thing for Britney, started to feel uncertain now. 

I have been wondering how much of the true Britney we have been getting from her albums, from her shows, from her overall.

We knew already her label and her team had control over her artistic decisions but after the FreeBritney movement came to the light and we found out how much control they had over her not only professionally but personally, I started to reflect on how much we celebrated things that maybe (we dont know) she didnt even approved or agreed on doing, or how many things we demanded from her to do without knowing how much she was suffering behind the scenes. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

THIS x1000000 is exactly how I feel. I've been a fan since the very beginning, was super excited for the comeback after she gave birth to Jayden and left Kevin, and was so excited for that brief moment in late 2006 when it seemed like she was finally in control and ready to do things her way. I was young and pretty naive and remember thinking less of her because she was out partying every single night while she had two young kids at home and it became tough to defend her. Then I got worried for her in 2007 and was so relieved once the cship started and everything post 2008 seemed like she was back to being the boss a*s B I fell in love with while being well taken care of. I even remember being annoyed that @Jordan Miller was so critical of the conservatorship, including changing the heading of BreatheHeavy multiple times to some manipulated image showing her restrained and without a voice, and stopped coming here for awhile as a result. But like you said @Million Billion, I started feeling uncertain about almost everything that happened from 2008 on after the whole #freebritney movement started.

Looking back at Britney Jean especially, the whole marketing campaign was a sick joke - promoting it as her most personal album while simultaneously forcing her to stick to the same tired script in every interview she did while the whole time she looked like a scared little kid who wanted to be anywhere else but had to obey their parents to avoid punishment.

I'll continue enjoying her music, performances, videos, etc., until she explicitly states that she feels uncomfortable with her fans doing so for whatever reason. Looking back at what we expected from her, (MORE music, MORE tour dates, MORE choreography, MORE music videos which for the most part were disasters because her team hired directors then refused to allow them to fulfill their respective visions), it does make me sad that she couldn't perform in the way that SHE wanted to and that her handlers silenced any of her thoughts despite her being in the industry from a child. Clearly Britney has been in the spotlight long enough where she could have more input in her creative work while still making enough money to keep the vultures at bay. 

I'm really hopeful that if she doesn't retire (which if she does it is her absolute right and I will support) that she is given the opportunity as a mature woman and seasoned performer to collaborate with who she wants and put out material that she is proud of. How fierce would the B10 era be if she was allowed to work with whatever producers could bring her thoughts to life through her music, performances, music videos, etc? If she's allowed to be creatively fulfilled, I can't even imagine the kind of fire and passion she could once again grace us with.

Whew, sorry for the novel! :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh:

I kinda agree.. But I’m in this for life. I’ll always be a loving and supportive Britney fan. I probably should have given her up years ago, but I can’t help it. I’ve spent too much time and personally invested too much to stop enjoying and following her story. Britney fan for life, there’s just something about her that I can’t say no to. She makes me want to be a better person. I know that sounds funny because she’s this over-***ualized pop star, but it’s her story and just everything about her that truly resonates with me. I can’t say this about any other celebrity or famous person, only Britney. She’s and Angel s d has blessed us with so much. #FreeBritney  :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:  :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I’m definitely a Stan, since 1998 actually.

The fact of the matter is, I agree with you.

Everything post 2008 feels so dirty to me, like I don’t wanna acknowledge any of it exists. 

It really is a shame tbh, she outshined ALL of her peers in her prime. Her talent was almost unbearable! Easily the best female dance of this generation and the last generation. However she lost her spark, she lost her passion. Performing became fun for her, a way to connect with the outside world, whereas performing used to be her passion, she was hard on herself and pushed herself to dance and perform to the best of her ability.

Shes still an amazing dancer and performer, but her ****ty life has had an effect on her work and it shows.

Her career would be in a totally different place right now if the conservatorship wasn’t in place, that’s what upsets me.

Not to mention she could actually be a real mum, a real woman and a happy, independent person 

If only she'd release an acoustic album... I want redemption for her voice so that the GP/non-fans stop saying that she doesn't (robot vocals) or can't sing.

To answer the OP question, yes I'm a fan but only for select eras. I love her album/MV output from Blackout to Glory... But it's a constant struggle between deciphering between "she performs, liking it", "she performs being hounded due to c-ship" or  all the things that we know of but that got scrapped because of her team.

Archived