The most-searched music artists of 2020, according to Google. Did your fave make the list?

DignifiedLove

5 minutes ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

I'm from the US and while Dua Lipa is on her way to becoming a MAIN pop girl, she's still a bit unknown here. Not saying she's local but definitely not as big as she is in her home country. I mean, the fact that she made it in the Top 40 (Top 20 Female) worldwide was pretty impressive. It's weird because I was expecting her to be more low considering how artists like Doja Cat, Megan Thee Stallion, Lana Del Rey, Demi Lovato, Shawn Mendes and many other U.S. acts missed the cut. I mean the fact that Bad Bunny barely made the Top 40 was a shocker to me too considering how his presence felt so large here in the States (and Latin America) during 2020. 

All the names that you quote are pretty unknown here in Europe, except for Lana Del Ray but she is more a "no mainstream" act, while Doja Cat and Shawn Mendes are only one hit wonder here, at least for now. And, with now offence, but I'm glad that here in Europe we still listen to pop and rock music, and all those trashy rappers and trappers are less famous.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, FraFromThe90's said:

All the names that you quote are pretty unknown here in Europe, except for Lana Del Ray but she is more a "no mainstream" act, while Doja Cat and Shawn Mendes are only one hit wonder here, at least for now. And, with now offence, but I'm glad that here in Europe we still listen to pop and rock music, and all those trashy rappers and trappers are less famous.

Well I mean I get your point and it's probably the reason why those names I listed missed the cut. I'm sure if I was to just calculate the most searched for U.S. only, it would be an entirely different list. IMO, the U.S. just has a slight edge when it comes to more diversity amongst musical horizons. While you guys are more focused on disco and dance-pop, the U.S. seems more invested in R&B, trap and hip-hop, specifically in the last 5 years or so. Then again, apples to oranges. Both genres, including their sub-genres, have their strengths and weaknesses. 

• Content Curators
14 hours ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

I believe Shakira had the highest peak for a female artist in 2020 but she was definitely not the most searched. This list is based on daily search trends so not sure what that other source is basing their receipts from. 

Wtf I got my source off of billboard and literally every major pop twitter account was posting it too 

for more context all the articles were saying most searched artist on google?

15 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Wtf I got my source off of billboard and literally every major pop twitter account was posting it too 

for more context all the articles were saying most searched artist on google?

Yeah I saw that earlier this month too and tbh, I don't know who or where that main source came from considering that trends.google.com is the most accurate source for tracking search data. I mean, it makes sense that BTS and Billie are the most searched artists over Shakira. The article you're referring to also states that August Aslina and Grimes were among the most searched when they're literally non-factors. Also that Billboard article says it's according to the U.S. only, but still...I can guarantee you no one was checking for August, Grimes, Tamar Braxton, etc. over names like Billie Eilish, Ariana, Justin Bieber, BTS, etc. Makes no sense to me.

11 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

No m just saying :roxxy:

Considering when someone mentions Nicki in my class, 80% go (especially the straight boys who stan Travis Scott :roxxy:) "NOOOOOOO" :roxxy:

R.I.P :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

People in India stan Travis Scott? :orangu_orangutan_ape:

All the locals love him here in the States :roxxy: Hate admitting this but I'm also kinda a fan, especially after watching his Netflix docu...he makes great music and is a phenomenal performer :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

Britney already did it in 2002, 2004, 2005 and 2006 shameless.gif 

Gaga in 2010 shameless.gif

Taylor in 2015 shameless.gif

Rihanna in 2017 shameless.gif

But go off shameless.gif 

Note that they were all still promoting their eras :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Britney was still promoting Britney in 2002, ITZ in 2004 :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Gaga was promoting the Fame Monster era and was even releasing singles :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Taylor was still promoting 1989 and 2015 was the year it became even bigger :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

70% of the searched for Rihanna in 2017 were about her FENTY makeup :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

So the only logical ones would be Britney in 2005 and 2006, and Rihanna :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

People in India stan Travis Scott? :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Surprisingly yes :orangu_orangutan_ape:

That trash song "SCOTTS" was like #1 in India Apple Music for freaking weeks :roxxy:

3 minutes ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

All the locals love him here in the States :roxxy:

Dont the locals like anything with "rap" labelled under it :roxxy:

European locals outsold and im not even European :roxxy:

4 minutes ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

Hate admitting this but I'm also kinda a fan, especially after watching his Netflix docu...he makes great music and is a great performer :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman:

Im not really a fan of his and even i as someone who openly loathes 2010s rap, i will admit ASTROWORLD ISSA FREAKING BOP :wendy_williams_bop_listen_music: Like, what was the boo doing when he was making that song its sucha masterpiece :wendy_williams_bop_listen_music: Outsold M&Ms entire discography with SLAYWORLD alone :wendy_williams_bop_listen_music:

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Note that they were all still promoting their eras :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Britney was still promoting Britney in 2002, ITZ in 2004 :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Gaga was promoting the Fame Monster era and was even releasing singles :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Taylor was still promoting 1989 and 2015 was the year it became even bigger :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

70% of the searched for Rihanna in 2017 were about her FENTY makeup :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

So the only logical ones would be Britney in 2005 and 2006, and Rihanna :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

What is this revisionist history? Billie's WWAFA,WDWG era didn't formally end until spring of 2020 and that was only because COVID happened. Not to mention, she sweeped like 5 GRAMMYS for an album that came out the previous year and released 3 non-album singles. Regardless, she was most definitely well in the midst of an era by the time the new year rolled around and was planning to be on tour and promote her album until September. shameless.gif 

ANWAY - the only female artist who truly wasn't in the middle of a previous era and became most searched was Britney in 2006 considering she didn't release new music or any singles, yet still managed to outdo other a-list pop acts like Shakira, Beyonce, Christina, Avril and so forth on the popularity scale. Her POWER and another reason we stan. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block