My Remix of Matches

studlygeorge

Have been listening to Matches more and more and I just can't vibe with the song. It's so short and sounds so unfinished. I like the beginning where it sounds kinda like a Jonas Brothers pop-rock song (specifically been thinking of Sucker) but then the chorus hits and it turns into an EDM mess (no offense to those who like it). So I took it upon myself to remix the song and try to keep that pop-rock feel throughout. Thoughts?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vB67IxgETimf-8LxQlXzRpsguXeBZ5KU/view?usp=sharing

Instrumental credit (I modified this beat a whole bunch, extending certain parts and changing the pitch to match the song)

UPDATE: here’s a new version. The first one I posted had slightly out of sync vocals and I added elements of the EDM break into the chorus 

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/bt138aXxKcAbKFZE8

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that the original song sounds unfinished and lacks direction. In that regard your remix is much better. I like how you extended the chorus. And the overall vibe is much more coherent in style as you said.

There were brief moments were I felt that the vocals and the instrumental were slightly out of sync or something though. I don't know how to describe it, as I know nothing about music.

Good job :) 

53 minutes ago, MrTrouble said:

I agree that the original song sounds unfinished and lacks direction. In that regard your remix is much better. I like how you extended the chorus. And the overall vibe is much more coherent in style as you said.

There were brief moments were I felt that the vocals and the instrumental were slightly out of sync or something though. I don't know how to describe it, as I know nothing about music.

Good job :) 

Thank you!!! Definitely in the bridge I think it got out of sync a little. I’m gonna go back and try to fix that and maybe try to add elements of the EDM break in the mix to see how it works :imacoolmom_mean_girls_amy_poehler_pink:

Archived