Are you excited for Christmas?

Slayer

Hasn't it been Christmas since March? But seriously, the year has been weird, and I know we've been feeling off with the way of the world. For me, my feelings for Christmas come and go: one minute, I'm ready for the holiday, another, I'm miserable. So many ups and downs, it's been a struggle navigating the past few months... But, as long as you have people to talk to you, who care about you, that's all that really matters... Also, who doesn't love Christmas treats? Eggnog and Peppermint ice cream please! 

See the source image

11 hours ago, Danielle1987 said:

Not since my mom & dad died. Holidays don’t hit the same anymore once you’ve lost your parents. 
I’ve been spending Christmases alone because the grieving is too much to feel cheerful around anyone else. 

I'm sorry for your loss :( don't you have other relatives or friends that you can spend the holidays with? I mean, I think this year would not be right time to do so, but after the pandemic is over? 

I lost my grandma which was like my second mom, and my aunt which was like a third mom, both in 2016 just 30 days apart, and it was very difficult to overcome, for me and the rest of my family, so I can't even imagine what it's like to lose an actual parent. 

It's easier said than done, but hopefully time will help you to cope with your loss, and you'll be eventually able to celebrate those dates with the people you still have with you, physically, and at the same time you'll be able to remember and honor your parents without their absence causing as much pain as it does now. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block