Britney Spears officially releases "Swimming In The Stars" to coincide with her 39th birthday

8 minutes ago, Jamiea1112 said:

Yes, that's me. 

Big supporter of keeping Jamie in a job.

not GIFHa Ha Lol GIF

Hide contents

I'm just not a hypocrite- slapping 'boycott the release' and 'this is against Britney's wishes. This is disgusting. I'll not be supporting' on every thread. And then are probably the first ones frantically scurrying to get a leak of the new songs. Shame really.:kisses_britney_kiss_blow_womanizer_love_circus:2008:

I never said I wont listen to it illegally 

irpLvJS.gif

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Buffybot said:

It's not that bad... In my opinion, but the whole original Glory is stronger, even some of the fillers tracks.

And... I truly think her songs needs to have less backing vocalists. After the Myah drama they should let her vocals as clear as possible to not give more suspicious material.

During chorus and some verses it's almost like a group singing along with Britney, not in a good way. It could be a better song, and It feels more and more they just release anything they had.

Little scared for the BSB song...

Are you serious? Listne to BOMT and Oops, both albums have thousands of girls singing along with Britney, that if you listen to the Britney solo versions is almost hard to understand it's the same song. It's been this way SINCE THE VERY BEGINNING. 

Now, about the song, it's beautiful, like a sister of Hold on Tight. I like it. Nothing outta this world, but it's beautiful. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, IamMax said:

Are you serious? Listne to BOMT and Oops, both albums have thousands of girls singing along with Britney, that if you listen to the Britney solo versions is almost hard to understand it's the same song. It's been this way SINCE THE VERY BEGINNING.

Or He About to Lose Me and Early Morning, for example. Plus, it's quite common in pop music anyway - you can hear Sia all over the songs she's written for others. Charli XCX as well. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

• Love 2

Listened to ths song.

Lyrically, its got britney written all over it but it does seem to be a very different direction to what glory is/was. 

Vocally, when she's the only vocalist, she delivered and its clear she cared but at times, her vocals get lost, and half the adlibs arent her, probably like mood ring. Its unfortunate though because it does make me feel like they slightly BJ'd it which was something Glory distanced itself from.

The "head first" line sounds it something like something Britney would deliver in falsetto, like MOTM or Invitation, rather than a belt.

I wanna hear the solo vocals because it is a gorgeous track, I'm just cautious.

The song is alright, it sounds like a deluxe track for Japan or something. And yeah, that "head first all the way down in gravity' arms we'll drown" part doesn't really sounds like her, specially the high note. 

The description of being very Britney Jean is accurate, the vocals are very layered.