Britney Spears officially releases "Swimming In The Stars" to coincide with her 39th birthday

6 minutes ago, Invitation said:

I'm conflicted.

I love SITS, but Britney's vocals sound amazing (totally herself?) in Matches...

the songs are totally different vibes, it's hard to compare them. unlike SITS, it doesn't sound like matches will have any challenging vocal sections that would require heavy backing to achieve/fill in, plus she has an entire boyband of vocalists with her. I like the verses and pre-chorus enough, but once the chorus hits it feels a little lazy and basic to me. but I'll wait for the whole thing to pass judgement.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

it's poppy and catchy enough that I'll eventually like it I'm sure, but it just doesn't live up to what I would want from this level of collaboration.

in any event, im a super happy stan with these 2 new songs, especially SITS. I missed this feeling so much! makes me thirsty for more new stuff