A Lady Gaga fan congrats Kylie Minogue on the success and promo for "Disco," but alludes to Gaga disappointing Little Monsters for letting Chromatica die early

First of all, I understand the complaints about the Chromatica era since Gaga has been rather lackluster when it comes to promo. But at the same time, the release of Chromatica can't really be compared to Disco's release. We know that Chromatica had a bunch of promo lined up (including a Coachella performance) that was scrapped when the album got delayed because of COVID.

Then when the album did finally come out in late May, there were protests and riots happening all around the US, and Gaga didn't think that promoting the album was a good idea since there were bigger things happening at the time. She even left social media for a week or two in support of the BLM movement iirc, so it's not like she could've done promo on social media at the time, either.

That aside, I suppose she could've done performances at her home in the months after that, and streamed them like many artists have. I don't know what stopped her from doing that, but it's possible that it was related to her fibromyalgia complications and her depression in general. Also, she's pretty smitten with her new boyfriend and seems to care  more about Haus Labs than about her music these days, so we gotta take that into account.

1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

agree. To me she seemes like post 2010 Christina. Identity crisis. I loved how authentic she seemed during her last era and honestly think the whole look and vibe of Chromatica was so try hard and the sound was garbage.

I don't think Chromatica is trash but it's mostly filler bops. Yeah they're quite good in the moment but forgettable afterwards. Theyre weak. At least AP (with all  its trashiness aside) has Venus, DWUW, Gypsy, SD, Applause, G.U.Y., generic pop songs some would say, but not forgettable. It's like Gaga was forced to make a dance-pop album and she didn't really want to but her fans wanted pop- Ga back. She was like "Ughhhh, ok let's see what we can do here... nothing! Producers take charge!" 

agree. To me she seemes like post 2010 Christina. Identity crisis. I loved how authentic she seemed during her last era and honestly think the whole look and vibe of Chromatica was so try hard and the sound was garbage.

I don't think Chromatica is trash but it's mostly filler bops. Yeah they're quite good in the moment but forgettable afterwards. Theyre weak. At least AP (with all  its trashiness aside) has Venus, DWUW, Gypsy, SD, Applause, G.U.Y., generic pop songs some would say, but not forgettable. It's like Gaga was forced to make a dance-pop album and she didn't really want to but her fans wanted pop- Ga back. She was like "Ughhhh, ok let's see what we can do here... nothing! Producers take charge!" 

I feel this is a little unfair to Gaga given the year that we have all faced (and continue facing) but they make a point. 

The thing is Kylie almost always works hard at an album release because she has to. She’s an iconic legend, yes, but not breaking into the American market in the same way other artists have means Kylie has to work harder to for success to ensue. 
Lady Gaga however has been half a55ing it since BTW (Edge Of Glory MV, ARTPOP single choices/project died early, making a country/blues album you knew wouldn’t appeal to your fans) but everyone was calling her a legend by the third single of her debut and it went to her head and made her complacent. Although Gaga had a rough start (allegedly) breaking into the industry, since she hit it big she just treats it as a job and feels her name is enough so she doesn’t need to deliver like she used to. Bad attitude and work ethic to have when you’ve only got 4 pop albums under your belt if you ask me. 

Kylie shouldn’t have to work as hard as she does for recognition, but I’m glad she doesn’t take her successes for granted and become lazy. 52 and still giving it her all. A true pop artist :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

1 hour ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I feel this is a little unfair to Gaga given the year that we have all faced (and continue facing) but they make a point. 

The thing is Kylie almost always works hard at an album release because she has to. She’s an iconic legend, yes, but not breaking into the American market in the same way other artists have means Kylie has to work harder to for success to ensue. 
Lady Gaga however has been half a55ing it since BTW (Edge Of Glory MV, ARTPOP single choices/project died early, making a country/blues album you knew wouldn’t appeal to your fans) but everyone was calling her a legend by the third single of her debut and it went to her head and made her complacent. Although Gaga had a rough start (allegedly) breaking into the industry, since she hit it big she just treats it as a job and feels her name is enough so she doesn’t need to deliver like she used to. Bad attitude and work ethic to have when you’ve only got 4 pop albums under your belt if you ask me. 

Kylie shouldn’t have to work as hard as she does for recognition, but I’m glad she doesn’t take her successes for granted and become lazy. 52 and still giving it her all. A true pop artist :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

plus if you watch the Infinite Disco clips, a lover said it best. 

An audience or not Kylie loves to perform.

You can definitely tell she was a hairbrush and mirror girl growing up, perfecting her Craft in Melbourne. 

I did see a childhood picture.

Kylie holding a flute, Dannii at the piano, Brendan (the only son they had) holding a guitar, and Carol smiling. 

Someone said. The Minogue's are probably to Australia what the Jackson family is to America. 

• Love 1

As far as I can tell, Gaga had tons of promo events planned, however, Ms. Rona crossed the way. To me, Gaga is not fully focused on music rn, that's why the Chromatica died early. I mean, we got amazing songs (Sour Candy with only lyrics video, Alice with no promo, Babylon with no promo, Sine From Above with no promo). Hasn't she been focused on philanthropy and make-up, she would rule this year. To me, she seems to be burned out. Like she still writes, however she's no longer eager to perform as she used to. She's defo no Dula Peepa out there (to adapt to the situation so well) but she's not totally lazy. She should take her time to find herself. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block