This Day In Pop: Taylor Swift releases "1989"

• Leader

91Da6C9HuUL._SL1500_.jpg

Six years ago today, on October 27, 2014, Taylor Swift released 1989. It's arguably one of her best albums ever, producing a string of #1 songs on the Billboard Hot 100 and some incredible / iconic music videos directed by Joseph Kahn ("Toxic").

Exhale, what's your FAV 1989 song? Besides "Style" and "New Romantics" obviously. 

swift-1989.jpg.59664d9658fb863baf594ca505f0d8cb.jpg

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
16 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Eh, i dont know if thats ever gonna happen, she would have to re-record over 50 tracks and who would have the time for that? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

She already says she’s doing it. By November, base on her contract she is allowed to record her old songs and by next year she can record reputation. Financially it’s a waste of time but she’s doing it to spite Scooter and earn her residuals again. The woman signed thousands of copies to secure her #1s you know for sure she is willing to re record all her albums to stick it to the man. 

• Love 2

I remember hating ‘Shake it Off’ because I loved introspective ‘All Too Well’ Taylor. My expectations of the album were shattered.

Then, ‘Out of the Woods’ was released and my jaw dropped and my hopes elevated. ‘Blank Space’ came out and as much as I loved it, I was low-key angry it was released as the second single and not ‘OOTW’.

The album was released. ‘Style’ made my blood go there, yes, there. ‘Wildest Dreams’ and ‘This Love’ haunted me. ‘Welcome to New York’ and ‘New Romantics’ made me feel the coolest fella in the world. ‘I Know Places’ didn’t make me feel anything, I just loved it. ‘Clean’ makes me go lie on the floor. ‘Wonderland’ is the song I would have written if I had that talent. Finally, ‘Bad Blood’ shouldn’t exist, and its brilliant music video needs to be watched but muted. 
Well, I love that album. 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

Omg wow its been 6 years since it came out?? 

I remember when this album came out and all of her 1# hits.

That was a time in her career that was fresh and exciting!
I had just turned 21 and life seemed so good and brand new especially compared to now.

IDC what people say, THIS is her best album! :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 3

Reviews of Bad Blood, that's so sinister. Obvious aimed at Katy Perry. 

Mentioning her songs. 

Swish Swish, well she has every right to clap back even though this is so juvenile, she makes bad blood a lyrical genius, even Nicki couldn't save this Track

2019, were besties

. Taylor low key, steal dancers again , I'm stealing Orlando Bloom

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block