Any noticeable differences in sound quality from TSC and The Essential Britney Spears?

GregReid

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about TEBS cause I never actually paid attention to it. I mean, I have it but I've never played it. TSC though, she snapped with the new remasters. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

I say just buy them both. TSC cause it's an official official release. For the remasters. And then buy TEBS for the heck of it. Just cause. But if you must only get one, then I suggest get TSC instead. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

I don't know about TEBS cause I never actually paid attention to it. I mean, I have it but I've never played it. TSC though, she snapped with the new remasters. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

I say just buy them both. TSC cause it's an official official release. For the remasters. And then buy TEBS for the heck of it. Just cause. But if you must only get one, then I suggest get TSC instead. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

Can always count on you Roxxy, thank you darling!
I already have TSC but you know just curious really!
THANKS AGAIN :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

3 minutes ago, GregReid said:

Can always count on you Roxxy, thank you darling!
I already have TSC but you know just curious really!
THANKS AGAIN 

Oh. You're welcome. TEEHEE.

Ok but here's what I really think. And it's a NO. I mean, I don't think there'll be a difference cause I remember I checked the tracklist and I noticed the songs that were remastered were the ones on TSC while Hot as Ice and the other album tracks that were included didn't have "(remastered)" beside their name. So i'm guessing the album was just a hodge podge of what's already available and they just made a compilation out of it. I mean like they didn't actually do anything specific FOR the album. If you know what I mean. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

8 minutes ago, Stifler's Mom said:

they are not really remasters tho... just louder. 

I always noticed some differents instruments and sounds on some songs, like on Radar, If U Seek Amy, BTMYH, Crazy Stop Remix!, and more...

I don’t know if they are really remastered those songs or not, but I think they fixed a few things and didn’t made the song too compressed. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I hear definitely a big difference on Radar:

It seems they fixed the annoying things like the instruments of the beginning of the song and the voices are slightly different. The remastered one sounds crisper. :neydedance_purple:

23 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

I always noticed some differents instruments and sounds on some songs, like on Radar, If U Seek Amy, BTMYH, Crazy Stop Remix!, and more...

I don’t know if they are really remastered those songs or not, but I think they fixed a few things and didn’t made the song too compressed. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I hear definitely a big difference on Radar:

It seems they fixed the annoying things like the instruments of the beginning of the song and the voices are slightly different. The remastered one sounds crisper. :neydedance_purple:

for real? I remember seeing a similar thread and people said that there really was nothing there. ill have a check later on thanks for the feedback. I have good headphones so let's see if I can catch up.

and usually i'm always with flacs or tidal, so I'm also comparing that. 

6 minutes ago, Stifler's Mom said:

for real? I remember seeing a similar thread and people said that there really was nothing there. ill have a check later on thanks for the feedback. I have good headphones so let's see if I can catch up.

and usually i'm always with flacs or tidal, so I'm also comparing that. 

Yeah I really noticed different things on the remasters, they are crisper and less noisy than the original masters. To be honnest the remasters sounds similar to the originals, except for Radar which is the most obvious.

1 hour ago, GregReid said:

They both say 'Remastered' on Apple Music, but obviously TSC came out in 2009 and The Essentials came out in 2014.

Does anyone know if there is any difference in these?

I'm pretty sure they both use the same remasters, only thing different is that they added more songs

57 minutes ago, Stifler's Mom said:

they are not really remasters tho... just louder. 

This. They bricked all the songs to the point where her vocals almost clip at some points

For some reason they used different versions of Mona Lisa & Intimidated though

The 2009 mix of Mona Lisa has a different intro altogether and Intimidated uses different ad-libs on the last chorus

My best guess is that B-sides were an afterthought so they used whatever versions were available at Jive's database at that time

In my opinion if you're looking for the best overall quality just stick to the original masters and rip your old CDs and import singles in lossless quality with something like Exact Audio Copy ezgif-2-921f7f08b37c.gif

37 minutes ago, PlayboiMommy said:

I'm pretty sure they both use the same remasters, only thing different is that they added more songs

This. They bricked all the songs to the point where her vocals almost clip at some points

For some reason they used different versions of Mona Lisa & Intimidated though

The 2009 mix of Mona Lisa has a different intro altogether and Intimidated uses different ad-libs on the last chorus

My best guess is that B-sides were an afterthought so they used whatever versions were available at Jive's database at that time

In my opinion if you're looking for the best overall quality just stick to the original masters and rip your old CDs and import singles in lossless quality with something like Exact Audio Copy ezgif-2-921f7f08b37c.gif

Im sorry but whats the difference in Mona Lisas intro it sounds the same to me.

5 hours ago, CripplerCrossface said:

The Singles Collection had the mastered process used in 2009-2010 and Essential uses the mastered process used since 2011... The best is the one used in Essential is loud but dynamic, the 2009 is too loud and the dynamics are completely loss.

Thank you for enlightening me on this. May I ask where you get these receipts from! 😊 just for my head, it’s not that I don’t believe you! I find it fascinated 😍😍

Archived