Taylor Swift's "folklore" is no longer #1 on the Billboard 200 for now that is. I'll explain.

By the way there’s this new scheme to increase album sales. Gone are the days of tour ticket bundles. Now it’s all about merchandise. 

with every merchandise item be it a t shirt or a mug, a downloadable link of the album is sent to you. The Weeknd has the approach since release and has so far release like 6 waves of “After Hours” merch which I’m sure contributed to his excellent album sales.

the disappointing thing though, is that after a few days of placing the order, you get an email from the store site saying “sorry out of stock” but it still counts as a sold album but no merch. It’s such a scam :c

Christ why are Taylor's fans never satisfied with her success? First they got riled up just because Folklore's Metacritic score fell below 90 despite 88 being extremely good already, now they're upset that the album isn't #1 despite it already staying at the top of the BB 200 chart for like 2 months? Can't they just be glad that she slayed?

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
3 hours ago, bas che said:

By the way there’s this new scheme to increase album sales. Gone are the days of tour ticket bundles. Now it’s all about merchandise. 

with every merchandise item be it a t shirt or a mug, a downloadable link of the album is sent to you. The Weeknd has the approach since release and has so far release like 6 waves of “After Hours” merch which I’m sure contributed to his excellent album sales.

the disappointing thing though, is that after a few days of placing the order, you get an email from the store site saying “sorry out of stock” but it still counts as a sold album but no merch. It’s such a scam :c

They are changing it in October. That's why Taylor had to rush release it because too many people were using the same strategy. Pre-orders will only count in the first week if they are shipped out the first week to fans. I wonder what new scheme the industry will come up with next because there's always a way to beat the system.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block