Katy Perry's new album "Smile" predicted to plummet in its second week

On 9/10/2020 at 3:31 AM, dr35 said:

I really hope this news does nothing to her, mentally. Katy has nothing to prove. This was a good album, people are just not in the mood for Katy Perry music these days. It's not the end for her.... this is just the end of this phase of her career. 

I'll be eagerly anticipating her next moves. 

Don't be delusional. This was her last release. 

32 minutes ago, IIOnly PopII said:

Why are so many of you guys happy for someones failing?

Was it fun in 2004-2007, when people were wishing britneys albums to flop and even want her to DIE?
So whats the difference in celebrating Katys downfall?

If this fandom hasnt introduced me to some of the biggest hypocrites iv ever seen...

Britney never made fun of someone else's mental health tho 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, IIOnly PopII said:

Why are so many of you guys happy for someones failing?

Was it fun in 2004-2007, when people were wishing britneys albums to flop and even want her to DIE?
So whats the difference in celebrating Katys downfall?

If this fandom hasnt introduced me to some of the biggest hypocrites iv ever seen...

Too many factors in why I don't think she'll see the glory days sales again for a long while,

from my pears and people that I know I asked them and from what all of them are saying it's,  

.Her age no longer fitting her image

.She has no catchy songs

.Her hair, that was her trade mark

.And the fact her fanbase did not have a wide age range of fans

.She's fake? 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Sinned_88 said:

Yeah, she backtracked because of the backlash. I ain't buying her apologies. :typing:

I kinda agree. She seems to be pressed and bitter of Britney for some unknown reasons. The bored face at POM, the mental health jokes. And she even unfollowed her on her social medias :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

I mean it’s  not Britney’s fault she’ll always be more relevant that you are Kathryn :katyclown:

• Love 3
4 hours ago, alienatedNey said:

I kinda agree. She seems to be pressed and bitter of Britney for some unknown reasons. The bored face at POM, the mental health jokes. And she even unfollowed her on her social medias :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

I mean it’s  not Britney’s fault she’ll always be more relevant that you are Kathryn :katyclown:

Probably because Britney got her own film and was the star while Katy played an animated character that was a supporting role. Britney doesnt even have to try and she still is the center of attention i think THAT is what gets to her. Even Oh La La did better than most of her singles from smile :clicktina:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, Benji Brown said:

Too many factors in why I don't think she'll see the glory days sales again for a long while,

from my pears and people that I know I asked them and from what all of them are saying it's,  

.Her age no longer fitting her image

.She has no catchy songs

.Her hair, that was her trade mark

.And the fact her fanbase did not have a wide age range of fans

.She's fake? 

I think the biggest thing to blame here is that the album is pretty unremarkable and uninspired. She still has a huge following on social media, and while she doesn't necessarily have as many diehard fans as she used to, I think if she released good music and promoted it correctly (unlike NRO -- which deserved to be a top 5 hit), she could be back on the top of the charts again.

Unfortunately, Smile is a very... soft album with songs that don't really resonate with the general public right now. Overall, it's a very positive album -- which is clearly what she was going for -- but between singing about only having "Champagne Problems" now and how it's "Not The End Of The World," it feels a bit out of touch with what most people are experiencing right now during a global pandemic. Not The End Of The World is also giving me Hannah Montana "Nobody's Perfect" vibes -- sounds like a great song for children, but most adults would prefer something that's a bit more real than "you can make a wish even on a satellite," and "you can take a frown, turn it all the way around". 

Katy should have had Zedd as the primary producer on the album -- her previous songs with him were great, and even if 365 didn't do great on the charts, more music like that would've made for a great album compared to songs like "Resilient" and "Not The End of the World," that feel like filler tracks. She might not see #1 again, but she can climb the charts again if she works with the right people.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block