Do you feel safe going out right now?

TSmidnighTS

27 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Same. Getting stuck at home is getting so annoying. That’s why I’m taking classes too because I need something to keep my mind occupied. I’m an ambivert and need my balance, but considering my love for travel, concerts, and nightlife staying at home is overkill :nochillbrit:

Ambiverts unite! :sendinglove: I NEED to get out of the house. Things have just been so crazy and with me working in the hospital, I've tried to stay home as much as possible because I want to keep other people safe, but it's been hard. :sobbing: 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Michaelgiftos said:

I’ve hung out in small groups mainly making drinks and hanging out outside or going to get lunch, or watching real housewives with 2 or 3 friends but other than that I’ve mainly stayed home and gone to work. (Btw the friends I hang out with are my coworkers so I’m being exposed to them anyways). 

Glad you're being careful and smart!

53 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

well, I'm really not that affected at all :blol:

the only thing that bothers me is that I can't go to San Diego to pick the stuff at my P.O. Box (including my Britney Jean vinyl :fakecry: ). Currently they've restricted "non-essential" trips from Mexico to USA (thought there's still thousands of people crossing the border every day). They were supposed to open in April, but with the cases not going down, and Trump using any excuse to stop people letting in, it gets extended month after month. Supposedly now they're gonna open again on September 21, but I'm sure a week before they'll announce, "no, it's gonna be October :gagasmile:" and so on until 2021

Hope you can come back into the US soon! I can't imagine the craziness with trying to come in and out of the country frequently!  :sendinglove:

• Like 1

I live in the UK and we went into lockdown at the end of March. I stayed at home and didn't go out again until mid July when things started opening up again. I still live with my parents so they did the food/necessities shopping for me and my siblings.

So since then, I've been out a few times. Not gonna lie, I was very nervous at first and to an extent I still am in certain places where social distancing seems more difficult (e.g. certain shops). But it's been fine overall. I've been shopping and been out for lunch, I live in London and I also finally travelled on the tube to central, I actually went to Carnaby/Oxford street on Monday! And I finally got to see some of my friends last Tuesday. We were trying to find somewhere to eat to take advantage of the UK government's eat out to help out scheme (50% off main meals in restaurants on Mon-Weds) but every place was super busy, we found somewhere in the end though :orangu: but overall it was great to see them again :tbh:. But I told them we should have booked something and they told me it would be fine if we just turned up ddd

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Isla said:

I live in the UK and we went into lockdown at the end of March. I stayed at home and didn't go out again until mid July when things started opening up again. I still live with my parents so they did the food/necessities shopping for me and my siblings.

So since then, I've been out a few times. Not gonna lie, I was very nervous at first and to an extent I still am in certain places where social distancing seems more difficult (e.g. certain shops). But it's been fine overall. I've been shopping and been out for lunch, I live in London and I also finally travelled on the tube to central, I actually went to Carnaby/Oxford street on Monday! And I finally got to see some of my friends last Tuesday. We were trying to find somewhere to eat to take advantage of the UK government's eat out to help out scheme (50% off main meals in restaurants on Mon-Weds) but every place was super busy, we found somewhere in the end though :orangu: but overall it was great to see them again :tbh:. But I told them we should have booked something and they told me it would be fine if we just turned up ddd

STOPPPPP You're from the UK?! That's so cool! I'm glad you got to see your friends! It can be a little intimidating going out right now, but do what's best for you. Only you can know what that is. Some people genuinely need to get out and be with others for a change. It's good for their mental health. Stay healthy, and stay safe! :hugs: 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I took a flight a few weeks ago - best flight ever.  They left an empty seat between each person and boarded and deplaned from back to front.  

That sounds like the best plane ride ever! I flew back from Florida to Indiana right when the pandemic first started causing things to shut down in mid-March in the US. (Even though we should've shut down earlier, but whatever.) Our flight down was packed, and our flight back was nearly empty. It was so surreal. My cousin and I literally booked this trip WAY in advance. So we went to Disney World on Thursday, and when the day was over, we found out that Disneyworld was going to close that weekend. It was so crazy.

25 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

STOPPPPP You're from the UK?! That's so cool! I'm glad you got to see your friends! It can be a little intimidating going out right now, but do what's best for you. Only you can know what that is. Some people genuinely need to get out and be with others for a change. It's good for their mental health. Stay healthy, and stay safe! :hugs: 

Aww that's so sweet! Thank you so much! Yes, I feel great knowing I can leave again even if I do still get some nerves depending on where I'm going. It does feel a bit different this time around, as we have to keep our distance, wear masks and use hand sanitiser but I'll do whatever I can in order to keep safe and healthy. I guess you're a Brit too?! :hugs: 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Isla said:

Aww that's so sweet! Thank you so much! Yes, I feel great knowing I can leave again even if I do still get some nerves depending on where I'm going. It does feel a bit different this time around, as we have to keep our distance, wear masks and use hand sanitiser but I'll do whatever I can in order to keep safe and healthy. I guess you're a Brit too?! :hugs: 

I’m not a Brit, but I wish I was. It’s better than being American right now :jl: 

• Love 1

Here in Brazil we have far too many stupid people for it to be safe. I feel like half the population doesn't believe Coronavirus (I swear, they believe it's a left-wing hoax), and our far worse version of Trump, Jair Bolsonaro, reassures this line of thought every time he opens his mouth to speak. My father in law tested positive for it today, so I'm probably moving to somewhere else tomorrow to avoid getting infected, and everything quite sucks, frankly. Not only people won't wear masks and keep their distance, how they're heading back to fill nightclubs, pubs and bars as if nothing was going on! It's frankly bizarre. :wontcry:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block