Miley Cyrus' "Midnight Sky" debuts at #14 on the Hot 100

bliss

On 8/25/2020 at 3:38 AM, MrPieceOfMe said:

She was relevant in 2016-2019 48B11964-C1E8-412B-B01A-DD8DA0C03BB3.gif Malibu, Nothing Breaks like a Heart, Don’t Call Me Angel, Her episode in the Black Mirror and etc. :cheersney:

Her last EP was pretty talked about and listened to when it was released too. Slide Away did pretty decent and was on a lot of Spotify playlists as well. I’m kinda surprised everyone in this thread is acting like she’s been irrelevant since 2013.

• Love 1

Have you guys seen the behind the scenes from the video? I didn't know she directed it!! And I love how she payed so much attention to every single detail, and all her reasoning behind each move. She's such a passionate young artist...

EDIT: At the beginning of the "Midnight Sky" video it says "Directed by MC" i'm blind :orangu:

• Love 4

Listening to legends only, Bradley said it best. When Miley Cyrus has songs that have huge GP support like Wrecking ball, and Now midnight sky, But songs like Mother's daughter, where it's very risky in lyrics and not really GP friendly as in the video, it should be just as appreciated.

But mother's daughter was overshadowed by the controversial duet with RuPaul where Miley said she loves Nicki but listens to Cardi B more, Cattitude ruined everything that prevented the much needed success that Mother's daughter needed. But she's playing the promo game right and not having any other songs over shadow the song. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Listening to legends only, Bradley said it best. When Miley Cyrus has songs that have huge GP support like Wrecking ball, and Now midnight sky, But songs like Mother's daughter, where it's very risky in lyrics and not really GP friendly as in the video, it should be just as appreciated.

But mother's daughter was overshadowed by the controversial duet with RuPaul where Miley said she loves Nicki but listens to Cardi B more, Cattitude ruined everything that prevented the much needed success that Mother's daughter needed. But she's playing the promo game right and not having any other songs over shadow the song. 

I had no idea she was on a duet with RuPaul. Saying a RuPaul song outshined Mother's Daughter seems like a stretch, but maybe that's just me. I'd like to consider myself fairly well acquainted with current pop culture, and I didn't hear a PEEP about Miley saying she listens to Cardi more. No one cares. lol It didn't get much appreciation because Miley keeps flip flopping and doesn't know who she is. She is pop, she is country, she is rock, she is alternative, she is disco. And she says each era is more herself than ever. She just doesn't know how to come to terms with her own problems and how it affects her art. :mattafact:

• Love 1
7 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I had no idea she was on a duet with RuPaul. Saying a RuPaul song outshined Mother's Daughter seems like a stretch, but maybe that's just me. I'd like to consider myself fairly well acquainted with current pop culture, and I didn't hear a PEEP about Miley saying she listens to Cardi more. No one cares. lol It didn't get much appreciation because Miley keeps flip flopping and doesn't know who she is. She is pop, she is country, she is rock, she is alternative, she is disco. And she says each era is more herself than ever. She just doesn't know how to come to terms with her own problems and how it affects her art. :mattafact:

She views herself as a musician, not defined by a genre 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block