Shadow Is Underrated

Towelney

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

May I ask, how were her vocals that night during Everytime and Shadow? If you remember. I've heard she had a lot of nights where she wasn't great vocally but that her dance was on-point

Actually her vocals were great in Shadow a bit Shaky on Everytime due to just coming off a massive dance break. When i say shaky i mean the start was shaky - could be because she had just finished crying as well but she got alot better towards the middle and end.

Also Manchester (UK) had recording equipment in it (professional), it looked as if it was being recorded for either a DVD or show segment

One of her best songs and ballads. It is in my list of my all-time favorite Britney songs. To me, the song is strong as "Everytime." It could be a single. But Britney could make a video album of "In The Zone".Every song, besides "Boys and Girls" and "Don´t Hang Up" is single-worthy. They should put "Over To you Now" and "I´ve Just Begun" instead in the album. Truly Britney's prime.

1 hour ago, Alestaos said:

Actually her vocals were great in Shadow a bit Shaky on Everytime due to just coming off a massive dance break. When i say shaky i mean the start was shaky - could be because she had just finished crying as well but she got alot better towards the middle and end.

Also Manchester (UK) had recording equipment in it (professional), it looked as if it was being recorded for either a DVD or show segment

Is is true she sang Crazy live that night?

24 minutes ago, Mmmm Papi said:

I can't with this thread :tiffanycries:

The fact that this and brave new girl is always skipped and are considered "cheesy" like :jlostare: it seems like we have exposed the fake fans now :demi:

I agree! Shadow and Brave New Girl are the most underrated songs in her fan base. It was actually these two songs that made me into a fan back in 2004. I remember skipping ITZ to the end so I could listen to those tracks.

2 hours ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Is is true she sang Crazy live that night?

I believe she sang it during her mystic lounge setlist, and TBH i think alot of what i saw was live. Because she was singing parts to brave new girl and she burst out laughing at a dancer and the backing track didnt continue or anything, and then as she was continuing you could hear her breathing and such. So either her mic was loud and we could hear her or she was pretty much live with backing track on the HARD breakdown.

She sang Baby one more time live cause she fumbled on a word lol

19 minutes ago, Alestaos said:

I believe she sang it during her mystic lounge setlist, and TBH i think alot of what i saw was live. Because she was singing parts to brave new girl and she burst out laughing at a dancer and the backing track didnt continue or anything, and then as she was continuing you could hear her breathing and such. So either her mic was loud and we could hear her or she was pretty much live with backing track on the HARD breakdown.

She sang Baby one more time live cause she fumbled on a word lol

What point of the show did she sing BNG? Was it just a few ad-libs or the full song? This is so interesting to hear, especially as I’m from England myself! Would have loved to have gone (although I’m nearer to London). Can you remember any other anecdotes? I hope we get more footage of Onyxney from dates like these!

1 minute ago, Tear the floor up up said:

What point of the show did she sing BNG? Was it just a few ad-libs or the full song? This is so interesting to hear, especially as I’m from England myself! Would have loved to have gone (although I’m nearer to London). Can you remember any other anecdotes? I hope we get more footage of onyxney from dates like these  that we current have none of at some point!

She was really happy, i remember that. Brave New Girl was before I Got That Boom Boom, i'd say tbh about 3/4 of the song she sang only time you knew she was signing along was during the dance break of the chorus. Brave New Girl she sang in some of her EU ones for some reason it wasn't a consistent song she performed.

TBH You could really hear her, i don't think im doing her justice in describing it, describing how live it was. Like you could her breathing, singing and sighing - she sighed at one of her dancers who instead of turning right turned left. I remember my mom laughing so hard at the dancer mistake cause Britney looked pissed off.

Best way to describe it was Britney was alive, she danced like fire and she sang well - shaky and heavy sometimes but it was well. I really wish the recording from Manchester and Birmingham was showed (Friend went to Birmingham and said it was exactly same, though when he went she missed out some wording from Oops) 

Its like she was experimenting as well, cause when he went she did a dance break between Breathe on Me and Outrageous which she hadnt performed at the showing i went to.

2 hours ago, Mmmm Papi said:

I can't with this thread :tiffanycries:

The fact that this and brave new girl is always skipped and are considered "cheesy" like :jlostare: it seems like we have exposed the fake fans now :demi:

I’d still replace Brave New Girl with either Strangest Love, Look Who’s Talking Now, Rockstar, or And Then We Kiss, tho :cheese:

3 hours ago, Towelney said:

I’d still replace Brave New Girl with either Strangest Love, Look Who’s Talking Now, Rockstar, or And Then We Kiss, tho :cheese:

Brave new girl >>>> and then we kiss, look who's talking now, rockstar :demi:

I had agree with strangest love though, but i think strangest love fits with the same bonus track with dont hang up and the answer, personally. :lostney:

Just now, Mmmm Papi said:

Brave new girl >>>> and then we kiss, look who's talking now, rockstar :demi:

I think not :cheese:

1 minute ago, Mmmm Papi said:

I can't agree with strangest love though, but i think strangest love fits with the same bonus track with dont hang up and the answer, personally. :lostney:

Strangest Love deserved to be released :otears:

On 7/29/2020 at 10:07 AM, Alestaos said:

She was really happy, i remember that. Brave New Girl was before I Got That Boom Boom, i'd say tbh about 3/4 of the song she sang only time you knew she was signing along was during the dance break of the chorus. Brave New Girl she sang in some of her EU ones for some reason it wasn't a consistent song she performed.

TBH You could really hear her, i don't think im doing her justice in describing it, describing how live it was. Like you could her breathing, singing and sighing - she sighed at one of her dancers who instead of turning right turned left. I remember my mom laughing so hard at the dancer mistake cause Britney looked pissed off.

Best way to describe it was Britney was alive, she danced like fire and she sang well - shaky and heavy sometimes but it was well. I really wish the recording from Manchester and Birmingham was showed (Friend went to Birmingham and said it was exactly same, though when he went she missed out some wording from Oops) 

Its like she was experimenting as well, cause when he went she did a dance break between Breathe on Me and Outrageous which she hadnt performed at the showing i went to.

Now I need a recording of those shows :cries:

Archived