What’s Your Skincare/Nighttime Routine?

I individually don't use many skincare/nighttime products.When I was a teenager / young girl I was abusing all of this.

I sleep my 8 hours (now less)
I always hydrate.
Facial wash.
Natural house soap (my mother made it and I always recommend it)
Eye cream (when I was a teenager I had very good skin and unfortunately I abused my stupidity for years and did not sleep, now I have to use the eye cream). I use Tata Harper illuminating eye cream and sometimes have had to use a few ampoules before sleeping (please sleep/rest properly).

I use the ISDIN ampoules and I really recommend it(I mean the range/brand) also for years, I have used an ultra mattifying cream-gel from that brand for days that I was very stressed and I got pimples.

Throughout the year I use sunscreen I use Kiehl's and sometimes I also use one from Avéne.I rarely put on makeup and when I do I wear mineral makeup.

• Love 1

On 7/23/2020 at 11:50 PM, Towelney said:

What’s your skincare/nighttime routine? :goat:

If you’re a dermatologist, feel free to drag lol

My PM Routine:

Dermalogica foaming wash

(Once in a while I’ll throw on a mask)

The Ordinary Lactic acid 10% +HA

Olay moisturizer

My AM Routine:

CeraVe hydrating cleanser

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% 

Olay moisturizer

Neutrogena 55 SPF

fan bingbing GIF

F4960FDA-A2C6-40AB-8203-542BD1518311.thumb.jpeg.0755e99d05e76cc8e9ad71476451b3a7.jpeg

gurl this topic fits with u, just waiting to your personal towel brand line 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Baronesse said:

Honestly, tretinoin is all people need to change their skin completely. ;) I feel like it even lifts your face up a bit... You need a prescription though and have to use it with caution, it will burn your face off if you're careless with it.

Hide contents

Speaking from experience :overitkbye:

I’ve been on it for two months no peeling yet, but I do it like every other day tbh to give my skin a chance to recover :gagaf:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Before of all, I'm trying to improve my sleeping routine and I drink tons and tons of water. Hydration is KEY. 

AM: 

• Water based cleanser. I'm using the Be+ cleanser rn.
  • Soft toner by NIVEA or maybe Neutrogena. I try to avoid alcohol and fragance as much as possible, tho. 
  • Mineral 89 by VICHY (One of my fav products ever, it's really calming and hydrating. Perfect as zero step or essence step. Tip: Put this one on your skincare fridge or regular fridge. Trust me!)
  • As treatments / serums, I change sometimes. But most of the time, I'm using The Ordinary HA + Niacinamide or HA + Vitamin C (Well, ascorbic acid). In both cases, I like to use the caffeine eye contour serum from The Ordinary as well. 
  • As moisturizer, I like to use Avene, Bioderma or the WATER GEL by Neutrogena (I love it, hydration all over your skin). 
  • And of course, +50 SPF by Ladivia or SPF Water fusion by Isdin. 

PM:

• Doble cleanser:  Remove my makeup with oil based cleanser (eye makeup with Absolute eye and lip makeup remover by L'oreal and face makeup with Take The Day Off cleansing balm by Clinique). Then, water based cleanser (Be+ cleanser rn)
  • Soft Toner by NIVEA
  • Mineral 89 by VICHY
  • Treatments / Serums: The Ordinary Niacinamide + 0,2 Retinol in Squalane + Caffeine eye contour serum
  • Eye contour cream ( I don't really care about it. Expensive eye contour creams are waste of money.)
  • Water gel by Neutrogena right now. 
  • After all that, I seal all the hydration with jojoba oil (if you get grape seed oil, it's a better option because it's even lower on the comedogenic scale)
  • And lip balm, obviously. 

Once or twice a week: Peeling Solution by The Ordinary, Sheet Face Maks to hydrate my skin (Dr. Jart is good option) and eye patchs. 

Tips: I like to put water based products like Mineral 89, Hyaluronic Acid or other products like Retinol in Squalane, the Caffeine eye contour serum, sheet face maks or eye patchs in the fridge. Life changing and very calming. Don't do it with Niacinamide tho.

Products I would like to add in the future to my skincare routine: 

1. By The Ordinary:
  • Resveratrol + Ferulic Acid
  • Lactic Acid or Glycolic Acid Toner (Once a Week)

2. By Dr. Jart:

• Cicapair serum repair

• Love 1
  • 1 month later...

Y'all... My diet was absolute crap for months. I'm talking grilled cheese, sweets and ice cream on the daily, yet I wouldn't get any acne. Now, I haven't consumed any sweets, gluten or dairy for over a month, yet I've been getting some acne here and there. Nothing major, but it's not adding up. :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

Me threatening that new pimple with benzoyl peroxide knowing damn well that it's going to burn my damn face off. ezgif-3-d0eb933f05c8.gif

• Love 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I’m reading through some of this thread but it’s a bit overwhelming to me...

Anyone have any recommendations on a simple face wash/scrub/moisturizer?  I’m already using Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% from The Ordinary to try to help with rosacea and Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG by The Ordinary for dark circles under my eyes.

I’m hoping to keep it pretty minimal and work more into it as needed since I already struggle to keep a routine lol (I tend to hit snooze too many times lol).

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block