Was Gaga throwing shade at Britney here ?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Yes piece of me has exquisite choreography :setfire:

I love Britney but u got a point. I know people complain about Enigma, but her superbowl performance was super on point. She gave her all and she slayed tbh.

Gaga loves Britney but she loves her ego a lot more. Yeah she was shading Britney and all other artists who do it but who is the most infamous star for lipsynching? Britney. She just shaded her to build her own ego up, just like she shaded Madonna a few years ago and tried to paint Madonna as a puppet while saying she was super involved in her work, doesn’t mean she’s not a fan of Britney and Madonna but she’s just that kind of person that has to constantly remind you that she’s better, clearly for self esteem issues, bless her.

I am so done with you britney stans trying to seek for drama between two successful FEMALE artist! gaga has always mentioned about how britney is her biggest pop influence and even presented her with the vanguard award. 

Why cant you guys stop being drama-seeking, and be unproblematic like britney. You guys will always find an excuse to **** on another singer to raise britney up with your buffoonery :parisok:

5 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Where's the lie, though?! Plus, it's especially embarrassing that she lip syncs to vocals that are literally 20 years old. :tiffeyeroll: Just because you're a fan of someone, doesn't mean you have to lick their azz 24/7 and agree with everything they do. :rupaulslap:

Thank you so much for saying that! britney fans are thankfully not as delusional as the beyhive, but they will do anything to make another star seem bad

1 hour ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Where's the lie, though?! Plus, it's especially embarrassing that she lip syncs to vocals that are literally 20 years old. :tiffeyeroll: Just because you're a fan of someone, doesn't mean you have to lick their azz 24/7 and agree with everything they do. :rupaulslap:

I think it depends on the context, but i totally agree that if someone wants to lipsync, vocals should always be pre-recorded and different from the official released studio version. It just feels a bit lifeless when they play the cd vocals, at least with pre-recorded vocals, you can still get something else to entertain you if the dancing is sub-par. 

But what i like about Britney is that she doesn't really lie, she's very unapologetic about the lipsync thing, everyone knows about it, it's pretty much an open secret, when people pay to see a britney show, they don't pay to hear vocals, they pay to see Britney, i think she isn't trying to hide it , which is why she rarely records new vocals.. (which is a shame cause it could really elevate her performances if she did), i just wonder why she doesnt bother? Maybe she feels bad about lying about it so she'd just rather not hide it at all?

1 hour ago, dancewithme said:

I love Gaga but I think this interview during the artpop era was a bit ironic. I saw her live and her backtrack was pretty loud during the choruses

Totally, she relied so much on backing tracks back then, during the born this way and artpop tour, even her fans were complaining. She also lipsynced Telephone once at the monster ball tour, i'm not sure if the video is still online. It was during one of the first dates. 

EDIT

1 minute ago, NotLouTaylor said:

But what i like about Britney is that she doesn't really lie, she's very unapologetic about the lipsync thing, everyone knows about it, it's pretty much an open secret, when people pay to see a britney show, they don't pay to hear vocals, they pay to see Britney, i think she isn't trying to hide it , which is why she rarely records new vocals.. (which is a shame cause it could really elevate her performances if she did), i just wonder why she doesnt bother? Maybe she feels bad about lying about it so she'd just rather not hide it at all?

Yes, for the most part she doesn't hide it, but this did happen:

:straddle:

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Thank you so much for saying that! britney fans are thankfully not as delusional as the beyhive, but they will do anything to make another star seem bad

it was lady gaga who said that statement, thereby antagonizing other stans such as us who stan a lipsyncing queen. i don't think we made her look bad for her own statement.

also, it is great that she always speaks so highly about Britney. i wonder how she feels about #FreeBritney though :ohi:

14 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Yes, for the most part she doesn't hide it, but this did happen:

:straddle:

Maybe her handlers/publicists told her to deny, or maybe that was Veronica Spears, she always sings live 

tumblr_ltybsaLb4H1qa9vqgo1_500.gif

or maybe she thinks she sings live, while she can hear herself with the earpiece but they mute her vocals for the audience (i'm reaching)

3 minutes ago, Itachi said:

it was lady gaga who said that statement, thereby antagonizing other stans such as us who stan a lipsyncing queen. i don't think we made her look bad for her own statement.

also, it is great that she always speaks so highly about Britney. i wonder how she feels about #FreeBritney though :ohi:

:nyschool:

Archived