"Mexican Madonna" Gloria Trevi Appreciation Thread

37 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

Really shady and dark past, but her talent can’t be denied. Watching her in interviews is a bit cringy.

Stream ‘Vestida de Azúcar’ (Dressed up in Sugar) aaaaand Dr. Psiquiatra, 90s iconic track.

Where’s Paulina Rubio’s appreciation thread, huh?

I love Paulina too, probably more than Thalia but I don’t think Paulina is as talented though. She’s not much of a singer either.

36 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Her calendars were iconic, but after that interview the girls did with Adela Micha a couple of years ago, they revealed she was actually very uncomfortable doing these, and she did it just to please Sergio Andrade :icant2: 

He was literally a parasite and I honestly think she was caught in this fantasy with him and probably didn’t realize what was happening around her. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, aleomg said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet one of her earlier hits. :lostney:

This song was perfect for rebelling and wh0ring around. Either some people don't recognize it or the ones who know about this song are high risk patients.:hahaha:

This and Agarrate are two of my all time favorites of hers. You can honestly say that there is nothing else out there like it. 

11 minutes ago, Sia said:

She’s not much of a singer either.

Yet she got a lot of catchy songs, I think even catchier than most Thalia songs.

Too bad her attitude doesn't help her either. Lately she's been trying to look so goofy and nice, but  the last two decades she's been acting ridiculous and so out of touch with the public and the media and other artists. It's too late now to become likeable. 

2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yet she got a lot of catchy songs, I think even catchier than most Thalia songs.

Too bad her attitude doesn't help her either. Lately she's been trying to look so goofy and nice, but  the last two decades she's been acting ridiculous and so out of touch with the public and the media and other artists. It's too late now to become likeable. 

It’s so funny to me because I always heard people say Gloria Trevi was tacky but to me, Paulina was always the classless act. Again though I won’t lie, she’s got some bops!

Her last song of hers I really liked was Suave Sutil!

8 minutes ago, Sia said:

It’s so funny to me because I always heard people say Gloria Trevi was tacky but to me, Paulina was always the classless act. Again though I won’t lie, she’s got some bops!

Her last song of hers I really liked was Suave Sutil!

90's Paulina was so "fresa" and different. Then in 2000 she became so vulgar :haha: then she kinda refined over the years, but yeah, I don't know what happened to her :idkney: 

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

90's Paulina was so "fresa" and different. Then in 2000 she became so vulgar :haha: then she kinda refined over the years, but yeah, I don't know what happened to her :idkney: 

Y Yo Sofi Aqui was one of my favorite songs growing up. Like Britney level obsession 

a million views in 10 years though :sobbing: I always liked this video more than the other one, but this is the least popular version 

2 hours ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

so how do you you all feel about the *** trafficking incident?

i read up about it and it definitely seems pretty shady, and a lot of people in mexico seem to still think she's guilty

Gloria first met Sergio at around 16 years old when she was part of a girl group, and she didn't "break away" from him until she was in her early 30s. A lot of the girls who spoke out against Gloria even said they witnessed Sergio abusing Gloria but that she never tried to leave him. In her own words, Gloria said she stayed because she felt bad for him. I believe she developed a Stockholm Syndrome bond with him. That man had been brainwashing her since she was a teen.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It's crazy to see a post about Gloria in Breatheheavy. I'm mexican and I used to be super obsessed with her in my childhood. I'm not sure if she's guilty of the crimes, but I was glad when she got free.

She was VERY GOOD in her old days. I think right now she's super focused on the LGBT+ community and she makes ****ty music for gay clubs, when she doesn't need to. The LGBT`community always followed her, and she's a great writer, but for me, she lost it with her last albums.

Yes, she's the mexican Madonna. Not Paulina or Thalia. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2020 at 12:53 AM, Ultraviolent said:

It's crazy to see a post about Gloria in Breatheheavy. I'm mexican and I used to be super obsessed with her in my childhood. I'm not sure if she's guilty of the crimes, but I was glad when she got free.

She was VERY GOOD in her old days. I think right now she's super focused on the LGBT+ community and she makes ****ty music for gay clubs, when she doesn't need to. The LGBT`community always followed her, and she's a great writer, but for me, she lost it with her last albums.

Yes, she's the mexican Madonna. Not Paulina or Thalia. 

I honestly think that she just really tries to give the LGBT community what they want, which are typically dance anthems - although I like them, so I don't know what you're talking about. She has said from the beginning that the gay community was the only community that supported her when it felt that the whole world turned their backs on her and she'll never forget about them.

She is honestly one of the most beautiful, humble and talented artists out there. I came across this video of some fans watching her do a soundcheck from behind a fence and she leaves the stage in the middle of it to go greet her fans. She truly loves her fans which makes me love her even more.

QUEEN!

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block