Mexican Queen of Latin Pop Thalia Appreciation Thread + Stream New Collab "Estoy Soltera"

48 minutes ago, Sia said:

Someone needs to be make a tribute thread to Gloria Trevi...now SHE is a queen!

I've been planning to do threads like this, though a bit more extensive for each of our Latin idols, but I've been very busy with work and haven't been able to create them.

My idea is to have a little bit of the career of the artist on the OP and then dedicate one post to each of their eras, focusing on the album, the singles, the music videos and some performances and pictures, etc. 

But that's a lot of work. Actually I've been thinking about this since I was named "content curator", but some people have already beat me to it with the Selena thread, now this one. 

My intention was to make them as some sort of series. The ones I was planning were:

• Shakira
  • Selena
  • Timbiriche (so we can explain the next two's origins)
  • Thalia
  • Paulina Rubio
  • Gloria Trevi
  • Fey
  • Onda Vaselina (OV7)
  • Kabah
  • Laura Pausini
  • Lynda
  • Alejandra Guzmán
  • Julieta Venegas
  • Belinda
  • RBD
  • Jeans (JNS)

And then maybe add some more classic acts:

• Juan Gabriel
  • Miguel Bosé
  • Yuri
  • Daniela Romo
  • Amanda Miguel

That could even inspire other people to do something similar for artists of other parts of the world.

So many ideas, but no time to fulfill them :fakecry: 

I would also include the likes of Ricky Martin, Enrique Igesias, Luis Miguel, etc, but I'm not that familiar with their careers, so I would have to do some research. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I've been planning to do threads like this, though a bit more extensive for each of our Latin idols, but I've been very busy with work and haven't been able to create them.

My idea is to have a little bit of the career of the artist on the OP and then dedicate one post to each of their eras, focusing on the album, the singles, the music videos and some performances and pictures, etc. 

But that's a lot of work. Actually I've been thinking about this since I was named "content curator", but some people have already beat me to it with the Selena thread, now this one. 

My intention was to make them as some sort of series. The ones I was planning were:

• Shakira
  • Selena
  • Thalia
  • Paulina Rubio
  • Gloria Trevi
  • Fey
  • Onda Vaselina (OV7)
  • Kabah
  • Laura Pausini
  • Lynda
  • Alejandra Guzmán
  • Julieta Venegas
  • Belinda
  • RBD
  • Jeans (JNS)

• Juan Gabriel
  • Miguel Bosé
  • Yuri
  • Daniela Romo
  • Amanda Miguel

That could even inspire other people to do something similar for artists of other parts of the world.

This is an amazing idea and sorry that I made this :kidcries: I also have ideas to make threads more detailed, but Exhalers have a short attention span so I usually just throw something together quickly :sobbing:

• Haha 3
Just now, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

This is an amazing idea and sorry that I made this :kidcries: I also have ideas to make threads more detailed, but Exhalers have a short attention span so I usually just throw something together quickly :sobbing:

:yesokay: that's part of the reason why I was hesitant too. Also I don't know how many are interested in Latin culture, but I just wanted to show the world there's more than Maluma and J Balvin, and that we actually have pop / rock artists too. 

But the idea was to feature like, the entire career of the artist, so people can understand their impact, and then whoever is interested can see each individual era, or quote a specific video that they like, and from then on they can serve as "the official appreciation thread" of such artist for whatever comes next. 

We should actually do it for Britney, Christina and other American artists as well :yaknow: 

But then we wouldn't have individual threads anymore :haha: 

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

:yesokay: that's part of the reason why I was hesitant too. Also I don't know how many are interested in Latin culture, but I just wanted to show the world there's more than Maluma and J Balvin, and that we actually have pop / rock artists too. 

But the idea was to feature like, the entire career of the artist, so people can understand their impact, and then whoever is interested can see each individual era, or quote a specific video that they like, and from then on they can serve as "the official appreciation thread" of such artist for whatever comes next. 

We should actually do it for Britney, Christina and other American artists as well :yaknow: 

But then we wouldn't have individual threads anymore :haha: 

Yes, and it's an ambitious project with several layers that can take months to make for every artist. It's a great idea, though, and I wish there were more threads like that :mcry:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

• Shakira
  • Selena
  • Thalia
  • Paulina Rubio
  • Gloria Trevi
  • Fey
  • Onda Vaselina (OV7)
  • Kabah
  • Laura Pausini
  • Lynda
  • Alejandra Guzmán
  • Julieta Venegas
  • Belinda
  • RBD
  • Jeans (JNS)

• Juan Gabriel
  • Miguel Bosé
  • Yuri
  • Daniela Romo
  • Amanda Miguel

I would also include the likes of Ricky Martin, Enrique Igesias, Luis Miguel, etc, but I'm not that familiar with their careers, so I would have to do some research. 

Even though I am a new Exhaler, I wanted to make a thread about Gloria Trevi's 5-year legal struggles and posting it around September 21st (when she was exonerated) because the Mexican audience is still very intrigued with this case. I was afraid of "introducing" her to an American audience in this way, but Gloria is a prime example of a phoenix, and deserves so much respect. I am totally going to commit to this idea now!

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, OhBritneyBritney said:

Even though I am a new Exhaler, I wanted to make a thread about Gloria Trevi's 5-year legal struggles and posting it around September 21st (when she was exonerated) because the Mexican audience is still very intrigued with this case. I was afraid of "introducing" her to an American audience in this way, but Gloria is a prime example of a phoenix, and deserves so much respect. I am totally going to commit to this idea now!

I remember that case when I was a kid and for the longest time thinking that she was involved with Andrade in what they did. I legit was afraid of her growing up because she was all over the news 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
53 minutes ago, OhBritneyBritney said:

That whole saga would require its own thread :mhm:

There's a lot of interesting interviews by the girls that of course weren't covered by the media, like Liliana Regueiro. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block