There are very different Types of gay men. Especially between Europe and The US..

Spicechinodiva

I have definitely noticed That in Europe Gay men being campy and in your face with their gay ness is more accepted and preferred as Camp will always be accepted especially from a gay men.

However in The US. That will never be accepted as it is viewed as a stereotype. 

Most Gay men want to be viewed as A man that happens to like men. Most want to be seen as equal or blend in with their heterosexual male counterparts.

Even in today's culture.  The days of having a female best friend is viewed as dated and actually have been proven to not help 

in dating. Articles have come out by other gay men saying it's beneficial to have a straight male best friend to understand men in general. Having only female friends actually does more damage in terms of dating as you only understand what a girl wants. 

Most men want to date a man. Not a female. 

That's how I see it. 

Gay men in America wants a man. Not a female in a men's body. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone else noticed that literally every man is like a gay man by-potential? Like, it seems nowadays that anyone could be talked into doing gay stuff. And most men by behavior seem to be leaning towards homosexuality... perhaps its a cultural thing. I wish scientists would come to a conclusive decision regarding what is behind homosexuality already so we could put this to bed once and for all, its such a mystery.

1 hour ago, DonoDotto said:

Has anyone else noticed that literally every man is like a gay man by-potential? Like, it seems nowadays that anyone could be talked into doing gay stuff. And most men by behavior seem to be leaning towards homosexuality... perhaps its a cultural thing. I wish scientists would come to a conclusive decision regarding what is behind homosexuality already so we could put this to bed once and for all, its such a mystery.

This dates back to the Kinsey factor. 

Colby Jansen who's an adult film star. 

Basically described it best. He isn't gay or bisexual or straight.

He just like to F#*K regardless of gender. 

He's even married to a Transsexual woman. 

@JordanMiller

1 hour ago, DonoDotto said:

It's not taboo anymore, so many men who would otherwise never even consider engaging with other men are more open to the idea these days. IMO, it's not that surprising. :idkney:

I'm from Eastern Europe, so the culture is a bit different here compared to Western Europe. Still, I do think there's a bigger emphasis on hypermasculinity in the US. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing. However, it does become toxic when it's used to talk down on guys that are less masculine. Personally, I'm attracted to all kinds of guys, but hypermasculinity intimidates me, and I'd be too insecure to ever attempt dating one. :idkney:

1 hour ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

It's not taboo anymore, so many men who would otherwise never even consider engaging with other men are more open to the idea these days. IMO, it's not that surprising. :idkney:

More on that- for something thats such an anomoly in nature (for obvious reproduction related reasons) how are there so many?

On 6/10/2020 at 8:26 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

I have definitely noticed That in Europe Gay men being campy and in your face with their gay ness is more accepted and preferred as Camp will always be accepted especially from a gay men.

However in The US. That will never be accepted as it is viewed as a stereotype. 

Most Gay men want to be viewed as A man that happens to like men. Most want to be seen as equal or blend in with their heterosexual male counterparts.

Even in today's culture.  The days of having a female best friend is viewed as dated and actually have been proven to not help 

in dating. Articles have come out by other gay men saying it's beneficial to have a straight male best friend to understand men in general. Having only female friends actually does more damage in terms of dating as you only understand what a girl wants. 

Most men want to date a man. Not a female. 

That's how I see it. 

Gay men in America wants a man. Not a female in a men's body. 

Damn this post hits so close to home.  In my 30s I’m now realizing I wasted so much time with female friends who I couldn’t relate to instead of trying to make friends with men who understand what I’m going through as a man navigating this world.  I’m at a point where the females I spent all my 20s with are just on a different path than me and I’m like why am I still here trying to make sense of this BS. I think I’m going to start making a bigger effort to hang out with guys more on my level.

On 6/10/2020 at 5:04 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

Basically described it best. He isn't gay or bisexual or straight. He just like to F#*K regardless of gender. He's even married to a Transsexual woman. 

@JordanMiller

there's a definition for that, he's pansexual :mj:

On 6/10/2020 at 5:14 PM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I'm from Eastern Europe, so the culture is a bit different here compared to Western Europe. Still, I do think there's a bigger emphasis on hypermasculinity in the US. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing. However, it does become toxic when it's used to talk down on guys that are less masculine. Personally, I'm attracted to all kinds of guys, but hypermasculinity intimidates me, and I'd be too insecure to ever attempt dating one. :idkney:

I know some guys who are annoyed that very effeminate guys represent their community :wonka: 

but in Europe masculinity is different than in the US. for example, in France, it's not shocking if your boyfriend gives you some fashion advices (you should put that colour with that, it'd fit your shoulders better etc), some haircut advices, etc. so a person considered as 'effeminate' would be 'extremely effeminate' in the US, like those annoying Netflix gays in US TV shows who are overrepresented. 

On 6/10/2020 at 7:00 PM, DonoDotto said:

More on that- for something thats such an anomoly in nature (for obvious reproduction related reasons) how are there so many?

people 'experimenting', how many girls in college right now are like 'heeeey wanna try it with another girl, looks kinda hot' :jl: 

in general, people in Western countries are more open to try new things, it starts with 'gay kisses' in parties, and then ends in raunchy 3somes that are most of the time completely awkward :jj:  tbh, I don't like that. I can't imagine how you can have *** with a stranger, or worse, a friend. I guess that now it's more 'having ***' than 'making love' :ehum: 

On 6/12/2020 at 9:12 AM, Kiey said:

It used to be the norm in ancient Egypt where you have a boy lover regardless of whether you are straight or gay

It's a daddy - twink relationship type, look it up

:bedtime:

in Ancient Greece, it was pederasty, the younger guy was the one receiving. if the older one had a sausage in his butt, he'd be considered as a shame. but the guy wasn't necessarily a 'daddy', some didn't have children/weren't married.

so now, I googled what meant 'Twink', not on Google pics because of previous inconvenient researches, and I saw that it was a 'gay slang', so I wanted to see how they looked like, and :jl:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived