Random facts by other artists

What are random facts (or alleged facts) that you've heard/read about other artists?

I can think of 2 from the Spice Girls:5344c6d2a7dabe28ccd3ac574bfde4df.thumb.jpg.deef9c4b3f07cab9ae5991818d4d2af9.jpg

• Geri and Mel B were hooking for a while, this played a big part on why Geri left in 1998
  • Love Thing was supposed to be the original lead single, but the girls fought for Wannabe instead

• Love 4

Celine Dion hated My Heart Will Go On and didn’t want to record yet another song for another movie. It was her husband (and manager) Renee that convinced her to record it. She went to the studio and sang the track through once, a demo and that’s the vocal you hear on the final track. They polished the production up around her demo vocal.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

For Latin people:

Paulina Rubio (y'all in the US might remember her from the X Factor) has always been known as "La Chica Dorada" (The Golden Girl) because that's the name of her first solo album (and her two following albums alluded to gold as well). It's like the name was destined for her.

hqdefault.jpg

Well, I learned the other day that it results that a former bandmate of hers from the pop group Timbiriche, Bibi Gaytán, was the one that was preparing to launch her solo career with that name, she had even finished recording her album with the same title, but Paulina knew about it, and she hurried up to release hers first, thus making Bibi cancel everything she had prepared lol

bf3bda6f061163794d9931f370beacaf.jpg

09a35ef17e8398417192093b7fe18b63.jpg

7-6.gif

The inspiration for Destiny's Child's Survivor is literally from the reality show, Survivor. After Beyoncé heard a joke on the radio about the group losing their members one by one - which is kinda the point of Survivor where the tribes would vote off members.

Here is the opening sequence of the first season of Survivor which ended a month before the release of Independent Women Part 1 which gave us the third and final lineup of Destiny's Child. IWP1 preceded the single Survivor

Survivor is my favorite reality competition show. I grew up watching it. I still dream of joining Survivor in the future. 💛🧡💜

• Love 3

Shakira's song "Que Vuelvas" (from ¿Dónde están los ladrones? - 1998) sounds very similar to her previous hit "Estoy Aquí" (from "Pies Descalzos - 1995). 

On her MTV Unplugged (1999), composed by 11 songs, she performed 10 songs of the album ¿DELL?. The only song of that album that wasn't performed was "Que Vuelvas" , which curiously was replaced by "Estoy Aquí". 

Strange, huh?

• Love 3
  • Like 2
On 6/9/2020 at 6:59 AM, Dark.Knight said:

What are random facts (or alleged facts) that you've heard/read about other artists?

I can think of 2 from the Spice Girls:5344c6d2a7dabe28ccd3ac574bfde4df.thumb.jpg.deef9c4b3f07cab9ae5991818d4d2af9.jpg

• Geri and Mel B were hooking for a while, this played a big part on why Geri left in 1998
  • Love Thing was supposed to be the original lead single, but the girls fought for Wannabe instead

Why arent we friends offline? :wyd:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Jitterbug said:

Shakira's song "Que Vuelvas" (from ¿Dónde están los ladrones? - 1998) sounds very similar to her previous hit "Estoy Aquí" (from "Pies Descalzos - 1995). 

On her MTV Unplugged (1999), composed by 11 songs, she performed 10 songs of the album ¿DELL?. The only song of that album that wasn't performed was "Que Vuelvas" , which curiously was replaced by "Estoy Aquí". 

Strange, huh?

People always say that, but I still can't find the similarities :haha:

I mean, I get they're a similar style, but people need to start differentiating between similar styles and complete carbon copy.

I've spent listening to both songs for more than 20 years and never noticed anything until I started seeing those comments online a few years ago. I think Que Vuelvas leans more towards the dance pop genre while Estoy Aquí is much more pop rock. I mean, listening carefully I do see where those comments come from, but at the end both songs give me completely different vibes. 

I think Oops and BOMT have a more similar, if not identical base, and yet the melody of the lyrics makes them completely different. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
13 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

People always say that, but I still can't find the similarities :haha:

I mean, I get they're a similar style, but people need to start differentiating between similar styles and complete carbon copy.

I've spent listening to both songs for more than 20 years and never noticed anything until I started seeing those comments online a few years ago. I think Que Vuelvas leans more towards the dance pop genre while Estoy Aquí is much more pop rock. I mean, listening carefully I do see where those comments come from, but at the end both songs give me completely different vibes. 

I think Oops and BOMT have a more similar, if not identical base, and yet the melody of the lyrics makes them completely different. 

Agree! But I'm not saying Que Vuelvas is a copy of Estoy Aquí, I'm just saying they have huge similarities

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block