Billie Eilish wants people to stop categorizing her music as pop because she's white

There is nothing rap about her wth. And dont tell me what to do girl. How does she think she is smarter at categorizing music genres than the music industry itself lol. She's been labelled, and girl you are not that special that you are outside labels. Maybe your music should be labelled as more than just pop, but that is that, that is NORMAL for an artist to be more than just one genre. I am not big into Billie but juz because her brother has a synthesizer, they both have some talent, and luck and industry affiliates,  plays the piano and whatever, girl it doesnt make you einstein in psychology and sociology. girl really :sickofu:. sorry not sorry for being a bit harsh here :idkha:.  

• Love 2

She has a point. A lot of times genre lines have racial implications. Like Hotline Bling winning a Grammy for best rap song, Justin Timberlake and Ariana Grande being nominated in Pop categories, and Beyoncé winning best R&B album for I Am... Sasha Fierce. But I don't think she's the person to make that point. Her music is indie pop which would be nominated in the pop category.

5 hours ago, SexyLove said:

She's lucky people categorize her sound as music AT ALL! What an embarrassment it would be to watch her "record" her ASMR garbage in a studio and call it singing.

She's overrated trash and hopefully a fad. 

How does it feel calling a 18 year old 5 time Grammy winner a fad and trash? :sneer:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

For all people who are taking advantages of this thread to AGAIN hate on Billie, pls stop. Billie has just released her first album and calling her already trash, whisperer, fad. Remember that back in 1999, people were saying to 17-up year old Britney that she would end up as a one hit-wonder and see what happened in the turn of the millennium. So please respect each other, because even though if u don’t like her music or her voice, there is no need to lose yr dignity to hate on someone. I find Billie a breath of fresh air in commercial pop (no shade billie:sneer:) for her dark sound, her DEBUT album was only produced by her brother and she. Yet, it received a 83% acclaim. So guys, as a fan, I request you to please respect Billie. Thank you.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block