Tones And I appreciation thread

Hi Exhalers!!

Just right now I've started to become curious about Tones And I. If you don't know who she is, she is the girl that sings the "Dance Monkey" song. I've literally finished right now to listen to her debut EP "The Kids Are Coming" (it includes Dance Monkey and 5 other songs) and OMG I freaking love all of the songs (dm is 50-50, but the other 5 are definitely 10/10). I have also listened to a song she dropped the same day as Chromatica and Mood Ring. It is a new single (not frop the EP, she ended the promo for the EP I think) and the MV and the message of that song is SO COOL.

I hate that she will become a one-hit wonder, she has meaningful lyrics and an incredible voice.

I will leave you a link to the new song and to her EP, listen to them and tell me what you think about her, if you don't listen to them i will :badthoughts:

Tones-And-I-press-photo-bb26-2019-billboard-1548-1092x722.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Can I just talk about how ANNOYING and WHINY dance monkey is :nyheadache: for sure her voice is unique, but what the hell was she doing in that horrendous song :joanne:

The. Worst. Song. Ever. :meltdown:

Had to block her from Spotify. :idkha:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

Tbh I’m not into her but I’m happy for her successes. She’s from Australia and Dance Monkey broke the record for longest running number one here at 24 weeks (21 consecutive). The last record was 16 weeks for Ed Sheeran’s Shape Of You. 
Like the song or not, she smashed it. 

I always thought Dance Monkey could be a Britney song with the lyrics being about the expectations to perform but I’ve never said it out loud because it seems people either really love the song or loathe it. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block