Katy Perry’s “Daisies” officially flops out of the top 90

I’ve bought all her albums physically because I do enjoy the music.

I even got Witness!

but to be honest, the only songs I hear are Bon Appetit, Swish Swish &Into Me You See .

The production was really good on all songs but the lyrics are SO BAD and Cringe. Even on the 3 songs I hear (lyrics wise)

Sometimes I do feel bad because had it not been for her dumb commentary thorough out  the years or poor actions, she could’ve stayed the #1’s queen 

:rip:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Hey, i am not here to parade witness lol. Just pointing out that it wasn't a complete failure so I don’t see it as her “rock bottom”. Like I said, I think the next album will be her rock bottom (top 40 hits and misses, probably dropped from label). I brought up Glory because fans on here seem to think its such a masterpiece or successful and its alright. Definitely way better than BJ . To be frank I don't include it with my holy trinity.

Glory is a masterpiece. I guess fans of glory have acquired taste...sooo maybe you should acquire some taste ☺️

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
21 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

...a high profile collaboration

Britney?! :wow: 

But, NO, thanks :smokney:

When it was with Riahnna, " just" for the gigle in the Vma's, i would run her over  for sure  :drag: 

Enventually i grew over that and i really liked the S&M feat :hugs:

Deep down, i always loved Riri, even then, but NO WAY i feel the same for katy, and never did... don't know why... :calculating:

I love some songs but, never cared for her, is that strange?! She misses something... 

Spoiler

It's only me, or that cameo of Burguer Katy in the Taylor video was really another stab?! :tongueney:

It’s sad hat Katy is already flopping with her fifth record...... 

i mean look at Taylor, Britney, Gaga, Beyoncé, Rihanna with their fifth albums. All of their 5th studio albums went platinum with multiple top 40 hits. Katy’s problem  is that she was a popular fixture for a time period. She never was going to last like her peers. Her image is so dated now. I just think of Katy and I think of early 10s.... 

• Like 1

I still do like Katy Perry a lot but I think what really started the decline in her career is when she pushed for unconditionally to be the second single off of prism. She should put this is how we do as second instead of 5th. I read once that she herself pushed for unconditionally to be the second single as she wanted to release a ballad and I think it showed that she wasn’t this indestructible hit machine. Whatever happened after that just was a slow decline to her being less and less relevant in the music stratosphere. She’s more famous now for just being Katy Perry and what she does and says. 

Edited by Pokebro64
Misspelled hot for hit

I love Witness. i tend to think it's her best album. Teenage Dream has higher highs but i think it's not as cohesive & has more weak songs. Witness to me was a huge artistic achievement...as a convert to Kathryn Hudson's Holy Church of Witness™, i'll say what i think the issue was. it wasn't music, it was katy herself. i purposely didn't listen to Witness until 2019. i was turned off by katy for a while. it wasn't the britney comments per se though those weren't cute, but like everything katy was saying/doing, when contrasted against who knew her as, was SO off putting. then the album cover, "meaningful pop" or whatever (girl people have made socially conscious popular music for a loooong time..you ain't special, why you announcing it?), etc it all felt like she had gotten big headed and gassed up.

i think especially as her peers "fell off", Gaga with Artpop and her messy behavior during that time + the radio ban that affected Warrior & Kesha's subsequent legal proceedings with dr. luke, Katy kind of had the target on her and her alone unless you count Taylor (but she had a different background in music to those three and came earlier), so when she slipped up the public scrutinized her heavily, found things to pick at. same way Britney got built up and torn down just for being big, even though we built her up in the first place. in that sense gaga was spared by falling off earlier...either way, i'm sad everyone has lost interest in Katy tho i think everything she's released post harley's in hawaii has been sleep inducing (and small talk was mediocre too). i've seen ppl say she's followed the trajectory of xtina..i guess gaga is britney & kesha is like...jessica simpson? :gum: 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block