Katy Perry’s “Daisies” officially flops out of the top 90

daisies90.jpg.2cbb42f4c1f9f867a48be15e680e864f.jpg

Guys, it’s not really a shock, but “daisies” officially flopped. As of 8pm EST on June 3, 2020, “daisies” sits at #95 on iTunes. Just a reminder that this lead kp5 single was released only TWO weeks ago.

I’ve made my opinion known about Katy. I loved her up until she began shading Britney Spears (3 times to be exact). It’s clear that the GP has no interest in Katy anymore and I do unfortunately think this is her new normal until she apologizes to Britney. Katy is even on a sympathy tour saying that she was clinically depressed after witness flopped. Mental illness is a serious issue that impacts everyone no matter your race, age, status, etc. But it’s like she expects us to have empathy for her now that she’s telling us she was depressed, but where was that empathy for Britney and her mental health? Katy made a joke of it. And what about the people of color and other marginalized communities that are fighting just to stay alive because they’re getting their lives taken because of their skin color or beliefs? Yet Katy’s biggest problem is her album only sold 200k. Talk about champagne problems.

At this juncture, I think she just needs to make kp5 a greatest hits compilation, instead of an LP because I’m concerned what her first week numbers would be. Unlike another popstar whose album campaign was saved by a high profile collaboration, I don’t think anything can save Katy’s. 

Thoughts?

Related: 

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

until she apologizes to Britney.

I love Katy and I think I’m over what she said about Britney. I do think she’s suffered enough now. She’s been through a lot. It’s time for her to release KP5 then relax. Her audience has shrunk due to ageing and also the fact that the Gay’s never really stuck by her as much as they did Gaga or Taylor. :katycream:  Witness got so much hate for some reason... it was honestly a great album. 

I always stuck by Katy. I don’t even think her Britney comments were her trying to be mean. I think she was trying to say that she was on the verge of a breakdown. I got those vibes. Like she feels like shaving her head. I didn’t get nasty vibes from her. :tiffdrink:

4 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

I don’t even think her Britney comments were her trying to be mean. I think she was trying to say that she was on the verge of a breakdown. I got those vibes. Like she feels like shaving her head. I didn’t get nasty vibes from her. :tiffdrink:

Nah, she’s a mean girl and was making a joke about mental illness. She didn’t do it once, she did it 3 times. And she’s a known mean girl - look at what she did to Taylor, she was mean to Ed Sheehan, she shaded fifth harmony, the model from her “teenage dream” video said she was mean to him, etc etc. Shes not a nice person.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Nah, she’s a mean girl and was making a joke about mental illness. She didn’t do it once, she did it 3 times. And she’s a known mean girl - look at what she did to Taylor, she was mean to Ed Sheehan, she shaded fifth harmony, the model from her “teenage dream” video said she was mean to him, etc etc. Shes not a nice person.

But she did end up shaving her head... I think When you watch the interviews you can tell she was feeling antsy and uneasy. I don’t think she’s a mean person tbh. Whenever i watch her on American idol. She’s so sweet and normal. She sells kitsch shoes for goodness sakes. You can even tell from her fashion sense she doesn’t take herself seriously. She’s sweet boo promise 😇 she’s just a :flop:  now. Ageism in the industry is to blame. 

Oh witness is great. It’s a snapshot in time of trends. You have Swish Swish, you’ve got Bon appetite and even chained to the rhythm. All of wish embodies 2017 as a year. Politics, The Migos and internet memes.

i know I’ll look back on that era with fond memories in 10 years. It didn’t deserve what it got. The backlash on Katy was so enormous omg. :crying3:

#JusticeForKaty #JusticeforWitness

10 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

It would have been a huge era if she continued it with a better 2nd single. CTTR was a huge hit, so the era could’ve been huge. 

Swish Swish should've been the 2nd single with a proper video, not this meme trash mess video :( And then Roulette for 3rd single and Hey Hey for 4th single (WITH A NORMAL VIDEO) :mcorangu:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Britney_Love_Fan said:

Swish Swish should've been the 2nd single with a proper video, not this meme trash mess video :( And then Roulette for 3rd single and Hey Hey for 4th single (WITH A NORMAL VIDEO) :mcorangu:

Swish swish for starters should have been a promotional single:typing:. The songs substance and quality is not that great even:yaknow:Otherwise I agree :brityes:

• Love 1

Witness is not a good album. Idk what she thinks purposeful pop is but its not a redo of MDNA (Madonna album). 

To be fair...I loved Katy Perry and i still jam to Bon Appetit. I supported her during the Witness era. Chained to the rhythm was a mix of her old music with a political twist. Her fans seemed to like it at first but its not my favorite. I think that song was her first mistake. Katy is known for making fun pop music...not political campaigns. She alienated her fanbase with that song, then her gay fanbase by collaborating with Migos. The nail in her coffin was Swish Swish...the wanna be jab that didn’t measure up to Bad Blood. 

In the end Katy exploded and got really cocky about herself. We made her that way. I do think she can redeem herself but I think she needs to hit rock bottom first. Witness didn’t flop...it debuted at #1 and had a top ten hit. No shade but Glory didn’t do that...I think this next album will be her bottom and she could “comeback” from that if she stops fooling around. 

44 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Witness is not a good album. Idk what she thinks purposeful pop is but its not a redo of MDNA (Madonna album). 

To be fair...I loved Katy Perry and i still jam to Bon Appetit. I supported her during the Witness era. Chained to the rhythm was a mix of her old music with a political twist. Her fans seemed to like it at first but its not my favorite. I think that song was her first mistake. Katy is known for making fun pop music...not political campaigns. She alienated her fanbase with that song, then her gay fanbase by collaborating with Migos. The nail in her coffin was Swish Swish...the wanna be jab that didn’t measure up to Bad Blood. 

In the end Katy exploded and got really cocky about herself. We made her that way. I do think she can redeem herself but I think she needs to hit rock bottom first. Witness didn’t flop...it debuted at #1 and had a top ten hit. No shade but Glory didn’t do that...I think this next album will be her bottom and she could “comeback” from that if she stops fooling around. 

Let’s not compare Glory to Witness. Glory is Britney’s 9th album. Witness was Katy’s 4th. Big difference. Nobody is expecting someone to still be selling 10 million copies on their 9th album. But people are expecting stars to still be selling well on their 4th album. Let’s not forget, Britney’s ITZ was her 4th album and that is one of her best. Britney is a heavy hitter. Katy is a product of one producer 

• Like 3

Daisies is nice, but ultimately a weak song and weak for a first era single. I absolutely hate the video for it as do the GP given the small viewing numbers it has. I am tired of blond hair Katy. That’s not Katy Perry. And everyone knows it. Slap that long black wig on girl, and cement it in place. Witness was an awesome album that showed growth and I was and still am here for it although the swish swish video is SUPER cringe and ultra try hard. She should have promoted NRO as a first single and launched an album/era off of it. She had that whole 70’s vibe and promotional night for it when it was released. That should have been the jump off of KP5. And ST is a bop and I won’t hear anything else. HIH should have been the second single last summer. Katy and her team need to be re-educated on how to properly do single/album releases because they have lost the plot. Her dropping them three singles was a tragedy and poorly thought out. I feel she has ONE big shot left for KP6 and she better put it out when she is 37 and just go bonkers. When she hits 40....oh boy. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

daisies90.jpg.2cbb42f4c1f9f867a48be15e680e864f.jpg

Guys, it’s not really a shock, but “daisies” officially flopped. As of 8pm EST on June 3, 2020, “daisies” sits at #95 on iTunes. Just a reminder that this lead kp5 single was released only TWO weeks ago.

I’ve made my opinion known about Katy. I loved her up until she began shading Britney Spears (3 times to be exact). It’s clear that the GP has no interest in Katy anymore and I do unfortunately think this is her new normal until she apologizes to Britney. Katy is even on a sympathy tour saying that she was clinically depressed after witness flopped. Mental illness is a serious issue that impacts everyone no matter your race, age, status, etc. But it’s like she expects us to have empathy for her now that she’s telling us she was depressed, but where was that empathy for Britney and her mental health? Katy made a joke of it. And what about the people of color and other marginalized communities that are fighting just to stay alive because they’re getting their lives taken because of their skin color or beliefs? Yet Katy’s biggest problem is her album only sold 200k. Talk about champagne problems.

At this juncture, I think she just needs to make kp5 a greatest hits compilation, instead of an LP because I’m concerned what her first week numbers would be. Unlike another popstar whose album campaign was saved by a high profile collaboration, I don’t think anything can save Katy’s. 

Thoughts?

Related: 

You didn’t have to go that hard but :clicktina:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, OnlyFacts said:

Let’s not compare Glory to Witness. Glory is Britney’s 9th album. Witness was Katy’s 4th. Big difference. Nobody is expecting someone to still be selling 10 million copies on their 9th album. But people are expecting stars to still be selling well on their 4th album. Let’s not forget, Britney’s ITZ was her 4th album and that is one of her best. Britney is a heavy hitter. Katy is a product of one producer 

Hey, i am not here to parade witness lol. Just pointing out that it wasn't a complete failure so I don’t see it as her “rock bottom”. Like I said, I think the next album will be her rock bottom (top 40 hits and misses, probably dropped from label). I brought up Glory because fans on here seem to think its such a masterpiece or successful and its alright. Definitely way better than BJ . To be frank I don't include it with my holy trinity.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block