The enduring gay appeal of Kylie Minogue

Last Thursday, Kylie celebrated her 52nd birthday. 

Attitude, a big LGBT magazine posted an article appropriately title "The enduring gay appeal of Kylie Minogue."

They talk about her soap opera beginnings and basically claim the gays only claim two things from the show, Neighbours. 

One of them is Kylie Ann Minogue..

• She sarcastically tells whoever signs her to recording contracts that marketing her to straight music listeners needs to stop. She's ours. Please keep all marketing and promoting to us. They don't know how to appreciate camp like the gays. 

° Most gay icons come from tragic upbringings.

Madonna losing her mother at 5. That's like losing your spiritual guide as a gay guy..

They mention Kylie defeating breast cancer in 2005 was her way to off that adversity rule off the check list.

She's not known for being shady but when she does throw. It's a bathbomb full of gliiter. 

Just ask Kylie Jenner how she felt when Kylie in legal documents described her as a "second rate TV personality, who mocks disabilities and uses scandals as financial gain". Ouch. That really did hurt.

It hurts more knowing Wendy Williams was actually on team Minogue.  And so was the US trade offices.

They basically said Jenner can't trademark the Kylie brand due to Minogue successfully buying the domain rights to Kylie.com a year prior to Jenner being born..

We love America when they get it right. They did. 

No more Golden or Impossible Princess. We get it. We love experimental pop stars. 

But Kylie is no Madonna. 

We just like our bubblegum disco goddess..

It's ok to stick to what works. For Kylie disco music and hot sweaty gay men go hand in hand like our beloved disco needs you..

Happy birthday, Kylie. We still can't get you out of our heads. 

kylie minogue glastonbury2019 GIF by Glastonbury Festival

kylie-gay.jpg.93f83745fe0fb0904622e9e0c1dc353c.jpg

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I don’t dislike her, I just never got into her. I think she comes off too campy for me, like her music screams gay club and that’s not my thing. It’s probably why I’m not a Lady Gaga fan either! 

That's why the article basically states stio marketing her to the straights. They don't understand it.

13 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I know lol, but I’m a gay and don’t like it 🤷🏻‍♂️

You don't have to. Kylie is..... ONE kind of gay. She caters to the more camp kind, like the article says, and I add: to the gays who have developed their feminine side more.
I mean, go listen to and watch "Get Outta My Way"... You either absolutely LOVE it, or you hate it. There's no middle ground here.

Madonna obviously has a huge gay following, but she's as butch as it can get. It's another side of the gay world.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

You don't have to. Kylie is..... ONE kind of gay. She caters to the more camp kind, like the article says, and I add: to the gays who have developed their feminine side more.
I mean, go listen to and watch "Get Outta My Way"... You either absolutely LOVE it, or you hate it. There's no middle ground here.

Madonna obviously has a huge gay following, but she's as butch as it can get. It's another side of the gay world.

And we have Gaga championing the inclusive marketing ploys. Not in a negative connotation! 

Kylie just delivers fun, freeing dance music and an impressive discography. Gay supporter aside I don’t need Kylie for self vindication. Just keep bringing the fun dance music. And looking fierce af. 

The gurl kills it! 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block