The Story Of The 3 Forgotten Pop Queens

I will Begin by saying Nelly Furtado is
such a beautiful pop star. Very unique in vocal delivery, I remember humming to Maneater fondly :barbie:

This Queen may have possibly shaped the sound of pop with “Loose”. However after this album she had seemed to have vanished from the face of the Earth ?  :fran:

Fergie, already apart of a popular group The Black Eyed Peas. A debut Album “The Dutchess” was released with countless bops. But didn’t seem to gain the same success again as a stand-alone artist. :fakecry:

Finally Gwen Stefani. Her situation is unique, I always seemed to have associated her with being a singles artist. she delivered countless hits. It was like she vanished after 2008. She did try a comeback which was met with critical acclaim.  However it was rather forgettable.  :rupaulslap:

What exactly changed ? Sound off below and also share your memories of how you lived through their countless bops <3:)

No fake magic allowed here 

#HOTTOPICS 🥺♥️

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Fergie's debut album did really well and spawned many huge hits. She just disappeared for too long.

Nelly, for some reason, decided to release a Spanish album instead of capitalizing on the HUGE success of "Loose".

Gwen took 10 years to release a follow-up to "The Sweet Escape", which was super successful. 

All of them made poor career choices, so it's no surprise. :parisok:

• Love 1
Just now, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Fergie's debut album did really well and spawned many huge hits. She just disappeared for too long.

Nelly, for some reason, decided to release a Spanish album instead of capitalizing on the HUGE success of "Loose".

Gwen took 10 years to release a follow-up to "The Sweet Escape", which was super successful. 

All of them made poor career choices, so it's no surprise. :parisok:

OMG you watch gossip boy! :o I LOVE HIS CHANNEL!:ohcrap:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

I love Nelly Furtado and always have. I’m Like a Bird is one of my favorite songs and just hits my soul differently. ‘Loose’ was a MOMENT in pop history and she dominated pop music in 2006. I love that she sings in both English and Spanish and because of that, she probably had the farthest reach internationally. (Fotografia by Juanes and Nelly is my favorite spanish song by her). 

Fergie was also an entire moment in pop history. She was making hits solo and with a group and not everyone can achieve both successes. She waited too long to release her sophomore album and she was left to be forgotten as a solo artist.

Gwen Stefani, to me, is the most average out of the 3. Sure, she had her run of hits on LAMB but her 2nd and 3rd albums fell flat to me and all the cultural appropriation visuals she used now seems tacky and wack. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block