The Story Of The 3 Forgotten Pop Queens

To be fair, Gwen's only put out one album in the last 15 years. It didn't do well but it was a great album. It's not like she's been putting out all this music and it's been flopping for years. Her other solo albums were hits. I love Gwen, she's amazing! Between Blake and her work with The Voice she's not forgotten.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, sullivanSP said:

Nelly Furtado

Nelly Furtado actually came back with a new album in 2017, titled The Ride, I have this title tattooed on my left forearm :urite: the album to me represents how life is one big roller-coaster with many ups&downs. :wontcry:

She came back with a more conservative style in comparison to how she looked back in the noughties with maneater etc. Her appearance was completely different (beautiful:lessons:) in terms of hair, fashion, image. What also changed was the sound of her music, it took on a more indie-pop-folk sound in comparison to the R&B she dominated the charts with 14 years back.

She faded away. The GP just didn't understand it. That's alright, because I know I do and that she's amazing :lessons:

File:Nelly Furtado - 2017097192058 2017-04-07 Radio Regenbogen Award 2017 - Sven - 1D X MK II - 0875 - AK8I5715 mod.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 4

I don't think Nelly Furtado was ever a "pop queen" tbh. Her earlier stuff was more folk / adult contemporary.

Loose was just a pop era for her. And I'm pretty sure I remember somewhere her saying that it really tired her out.

I love all her stuff, she's a lil cute chameleon.

Gwen's music after The Sweet Escape was quite frankly, ****.

Fergie took 2-3 years between L.A Love and releasing Double Dutchess. She got what she deserved.

:unbothered:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think Gwen and Fergie were forgotten, they may not be as successful as before but they are still in the game.

On the other hand, I haven't heard about Nelly since Spirit Indestructible, it is sad because her music was reaaaally good back then. Hope she makes a huge comeback one day.

• Love 1
Just now, Fenixxx123 said:

I don't think Gwen and Fergie were forgotten, they may not be as successful as before but they are still in the game.

On the other hand, I haven't heard about Nelly since Spirit Indestructible, it is sad because her music was reaaaally good back then. Hope she makes a huge comeback one day.

True I mean they can still be found today just not on the charts or with any accolades to their name :imhere:

33 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

True I mean they can still be found today just not on the charts or with any accolades to their name :imhere:

I was so excited to see Gwen in Lollapalooza festival this year but everything was scrapped due to miss Rona:beat:

And Fergie was at Rock in Rio festival a couple of years ago. They may not be charting but they are still in the game .... but Nelly .... :squint:

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Fenixxx123 said:

I was so excited to see Gwen in Lollapalooza festival this year but everything was scrapped due to miss Rona:beat:

And Fergie was at Rock in Rio festival a couple of years ago. They may not be charting but they are still in the game .... but Nelly .... :squint:

Omg girl where was my LOLLAPALOOZA INVITE ? 

POOR NELLY LMAO :fran:

10 hours ago, Britney_Love_Fan said:

Fergie didnt make an album in 10 years and people just forgot her :mcry: and her career just died.

Then she came back with the National Anthem so she could be 100% sure her career is over :pieceofwhat:

Omg hi, 

Thank you fellow exhaler ! A reward of 10 points will be put in your account for having the most reactions on this thread! 

7 hours ago, BritneySpurs said:

To be fair, Gwen's only put out one album in the last 15 years. It didn't do well but it was a great album. It's not like she's been putting out all this music and it's been flopping for years. Her other solo albums were hits. I love Gwen, she's amazing! Between Blake and her work with The Voice she's not forgotten.

In The Last 15 years she had 2 studio albums (3 with the Christmas One) and 1 EP :fran:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block