petition to get simon ellis to do an ama

Britneyarmy8

• Content Curators

For some that may not know simon ellis (English musician, song writer, producer) was both the musical director for both circus and femme fatale tour. He is truly a genius and has made great remixes for britney. He supposedly made remixes for the piece of me show but I don't think they were used? correct me if im wrong (pls write down below what else he has done for brit). He has also worked with spice girls, s club 7, and westlife. I have noticed on twitter that he sometimes does q and as and is very active with his followers. So i think it would be great to have him on. We are all bored in quarantine anyways so whats there to lose in having a fun AMA. 

@Roxxy @JordanMiller  

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Curators
Just now, C0CKy said:

I want David LaChapelle. 

He’s someone who won’t give PC answers just to stay in good graces with her team. 

Yeah he’s good too but I was seeing a q and a he was doing awhile back on his twitter and it was mostly other fans (for artists that he had worked for) asking questions and he was answering mostly all of them even the personal ones 

I think he would be easier to get 

He didn't make any for vegas from my understanding - i can see someones tagged some of his remixes as Simon Ellis Unused Vegas Remix' on certain websites but i dont think its official. Pls correct me if im wrong.

EDIT: Didnt someone say theres no such thing as a studio version of britneys vegas show songs as they're all performed live? I laughed when i heard that. In fact now i take back my above statement, i think simon ellis actually said it lol.

Can i be honest? I'm over simon ellis. For years he hyped us and said he would release more and more if he hit a certain amount of followers/subscribers (going back way to 2011) but he left it far too long and from what i recall eventually got hit with something similar to a cease and desist from brits team. Granted, he's leaked about 5 official remixes: Gimme More FFT, Circus CT, Piece of Me CT (Demo), Me Against The Music CT and Slave CT. He still occasionally teases us and does the whole when i hit 5000 followers i'll leak more so and so but he never follows through then deletes his posts because i dont think he CAN leak them, he's just doing it for promo and subs.

Im grateful for what he has leaked but i dont think he would rly give any hindsight behind anything more and he's been pretty much told by britneys team not to. I think as mentioned above David La would be a lot more interesting.

Oh and just to clarify, pretty much all of the FFT studio versions bar what i've mentioned above leaked because the backdrops leaked. Nothing to do with simon (and BSChile did not leak them - they were uploaded to the producers website then BSChile downloaded and tagged them). Also, we had toxic and boys before Simon leaked it again which is like ????? why are you trying to pretend you're giving us something that we dont already have. Still, love and light. all that stuff

6 minutes ago, kneetap said:

He didn't make any for vegas from my understanding - i can see someones tagged some of his remixes as Simon Ellis Unused Vegas Remix' on certain websites but i dont think its official. Pls correct me if im wrong.

EDIT: Didnt someone say theres no such thing as a studio version of britneys vegas show songs as they're all performed live? I laughed when i heard that. In fact now i take back my above statement, i think simon ellis actually said it lol.

Can i be honest? I'm over simon ellis. For years he hyped us and said he would release more and more if he hit a certain amount of followers/subscribers (going back way to 2011) but he left it far too long and from what i recall eventually got hit with something similar to a cease and desist from brits team. Granted, he's leaked about 5 official remixes: Gimme More FFT, Circus CT, Piece of Me CT (Demo), Me Against The Music CT and Slave CT. He still occasionally teases us and does the whole when i hit 5000 followers i'll leak more so and so but he never follows through then deletes his posts because i dont think he CAN leak them, he's just doing it for promo and subs.

Im grateful for what he has leaked but i dont think he would rly give any hindsight behind anything more and he's been pretty much told by britneys team not to. I think as mentioned above David La would be a lot more interesting.

Oh and just to clarify, pretty much all of the FFT studio versions bar what i've mentioned above leaked because the backdrops leaked. And BSChile did not leak them - they were uploaded to the producers website then BSChile downloaded and tagged them. Also, we had toxic and boys before Simon leaked it which again is like ????? why are you trying to pretend you're giving us something that we dont already have. Still, love and light. all that stuff

He's done a WB remix with the Vegas prerecorded vocals so I'm wondering how he got those. It's probably hard and annoying to release anything with a team probably making sure nothing gets out.

• Content Curators
20 minutes ago, kneetap said:

Oh and just to clarify, pretty much all of the FFT studio versions bar what i've mentioned above leaked because the backdrops leaked. Nothing to do with simon (and BSChile did not leak them - they were uploaded to the producers website then BSChile downloaded and tagged them). Also, we had toxic and boys before Simon leaked it again which is like ????? why are you trying to pretend you're giving us something that we dont already have. Still, love and light. all that stuff

actually the musical director for the vegas shows said that line lmfaoo

simon ellis said that there was no studio version of britneys version of you oughta know which i believe is true 

maybe b army told him he couldnt

5 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

actually the musical director for the vegas shows said that line lmfaoo

simon ellis said that there was no studio version of britneys version of you oughta know which i believe is true 

maybe b army told him he couldnt

Ahhh fair enough.

I dont believe there isn't a studio version, i rly do not think that was sung live, rather pre-recorded.

Yeah i think they did. Tbh he just teases to get promo i'd leave him be where he is releasing s club 7 remixes from 2004 : ---- )

• Content Curators
8 minutes ago, kneetap said:

Ahhh fair enough.

I dont believe there isn't a studio version, i rly do not think that was sung live, rather pre-recorded.

Yeah i think they did. Tbh he just teases to get promo i'd leave him be where he is releasing s club 7 remixes from 2004 : ---- )

well people did like overlappings and found inconsistencies in vocals from each night

so either they had like 4 pre recs or she sang live

ima give her the benefit of the doubt :inbed:

I’d much rather David LaChapelle, I think he knows a lot more interesting stuff.

He said last year regarding the Free Britney movement that even back in 1999 he could tell there was something wrong, that one stuck with me... I would love him to elaborate on that. I don’t even know this Simon guy and from what people are saying on this thread he’s a little dishonest promising leaks if he hits a certain followers mark and then never leaking anything.

2 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

well people did like overlappings and found inconsistencies in vocals from each night

so either they had like 4 pre recs or she sang live

ima give her the benefit of the doubt :inbed:

Can u link me? I've never seen that, i thought the vocals were the same overnight 

5 hours ago, kneetap said:

Marc Delcore, her other long time musical director said that. I’m fairly certain Marc and Simon worked together during The Circus Tour. Could be wrong. 

Simon said he submitted remixes for Piece of Me but they weren’t used. The Work ***** remix he did was submitted along with his Circus remix, which is essentially the studio version of the Circus outro from TCSBS and the Circus version from POM mixed together. These remixes were submitted for POM 2.0 but clearly nothing was “remixed” when the show relaunched (despite the tag line being Remixed. Reimagind. Still iconic.”

he actually did a AMA on Twitter not too long ago. It was Britney focused but Britney questions were asked and answered. He did mention his original mix for Freakshow for TCSBS sampled a 2000s horror movie but her team asked him to remove it (presumably they didn’t wanna pay for the sample?)

I’d love to see an AMA from him, David, or even Danja. All of them seem to communicate great with the fans

Archived