A French Guy 2 Cents on Coupure Electrique...

Roger

I love this song so much, but to be honest her French sounds like she is/speaks portuguese, some of them have a very distinctive accent when they speak french...

Starting from the very first sentence, which is spelled J'oublie le monde, it sounds like she says J'oubliay lay monday, when she should pronounce it J'oublee le mond

I do not get why nobody helped her with her pronunciation, the song could have been way better, but thank you for trying Brit :hiii:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Roger said:

I love this song so much, but to be honest her French sounds like she is/speaks portuguese, some of them have a very distinctive accent when they speak french...

Starting from the very first sentence, which is spelled J'oublie le monde, it sounds like she says J'oubliay lay monday, when she should pronounce it J'oublee le mond

I do not get why nobody helped her with her pronunciation, the song could have been way better, but thank you for trying Brit :hiii:

i speak french (its my first language) and yes i had to look up the lyrics cuz some words are hard to understand but when she says "fais moi l'amour" and "dans le noir" its REALLY WELL said cuz my mom was like wtf cuz it means "make love to me"  but its a bop and ITS IN FRENCH :awyeah:

actually when she says "dans le noir" it sounds like a french popstar that's how well she said that one so yeah :clap:

even after knowing the words i still sing it with her accent :bwink:

10 minutes ago, BringTheAction said:

She had someone helping her. That doesn’t mean she’s gonna miraculously be perfect lol 

you guys wonder why she doesn’t try new stuff. Anything she does gets **** on. 

Come on I am not being too harsh, she tried it and it was cute but there is always room for improvement

Maybe she would have recorded new and more accurate vocals for Domination though !

43 minutes ago, BritneyMinaj said:

i speak french (its my first language) and yes i had to look up the lyrics cuz some words are hard to understand but when she says "fais moi l'amour" and "dans le noir" its REALLY WELL said cuz my mom was like wtf cuz it means "make love to me"  but its a bop and ITS IN FRENCH :awyeah:

actually when she says "dans le noir" it sounds like a french popstar that's how well she said that one so yeah :clap:

even after knowing the words i still sing it with her accent :bwink:

I sing it with her sweet portuguese accent too <3 It gives something to the song, even though it could have been more polished ! 

19 minutes ago, vzlafan said:

why she's so ansious, 

She doesn’t seem anxious at all to me...that’s actually a really good interview if you look it up. The rocking while standing in just an energy thing - for instance, when I’m sitting with my legs crossed I often shake that top foot (which is extremely common). 

This was the recorded before the meet & greets, the same night I met her. She was in a fantastic mood and gave a great show. Her show the following night was even better!

1 hour ago, Arianna said:

Is the online translation accurate?

can you translate if not? :)

Yeah it is 

The song is about making love in the dark

And at the end she sings you're my light

There's a reference to blackout but it's more of **** song than anything 

i guess she means like she's gonna bang so hard that the lights will turn off

Cuz she's saying

Make love to me like a blackout

A moment with u in the dark like a blackout 

2 hours ago, BritneyMinaj said: