A French Guy 2 Cents on Coupure Electrique...

Roger

9 hours ago, Roger said:

Come on I am not being too harsh, she tried it and it was cute but there is always room for improvement

Maybe she would have recorded new and more accurate vocals for Domination though !

My response was a bit preemptive as I know more People are going to complain and also for those who *****ed about it in the past

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, BringTheAction said:

She had someone helping her. That doesn’t mean she’s gonna miraculously be perfect lol 

you guys wonder why she doesn’t try new stuff. Anything she does gets **** on. 

it's not that deep

Well since I don’t speak French I could give a **** that’s it’s not perfect lol, it’s one of my favorite songs she’s ever done! 

Also some of it may be intentional to help the flow of the song in the same way a ton of English songs are grammatically incorrect. I mean Mariah says “irregardless” in A No No which isn’t even a real work technically. 

11 hours ago, Roger said:

I love this song so much, but to be honest her French sounds like she is/speaks portuguese, some of them have a very distinctive accent when they speak french...

Starting from the very first sentence, which is spelled J'oublie le monde, it sounds like she says J'oubliay lay monday, when she should pronounce it J'oublee le mond

I do not get why nobody helped her with her pronunciation, the song could have been way better, but thank you for trying Brit :hiii:

I have an inclanation to believe that she loves speaking gibberish, meaning she wants to pronounce differently. She seems to enjoy the different pronounciation, I don't believe for once that she is deluded about it

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 9:36 PM, Louis_j said:

I speak french and it's pronounced wrong (u don't pronounce the e in "J'oublie" )

Other than that, she did pretty well, americans have all a hard time with French

also, "le monde" were pronounced wrongly. every "e" is wrong from her...

I showed the lyrics to my French friend and he said there are some grammatical mistakes in the first sentence and below is the correct one according to him:

J'oublie le monde quand tu me fais l'amour.

1 hour ago, kenny-tetsuya said:

also, "le monde" were pronounced wrongly. every "e" is wrong from her...

I showed the lyrics to my French friend and he said there are some grammatical mistakes in the first sentence and below is the correct one according to him:

J'oublie le monde quand tu me fais l'amour.

True, it's correct just feels incomplete but it's not a sentence, it's a song so..

"I forget the world.. When you do.. Do me love.. My love" is what she says (which is also correct no?)

On 5/21/2020 at 9:27 AM, EasyThere said:

It's a beautiful song. And the fact she decided to sing it in French whilst not being fluent or ever really learning French is mind blowing. Yall should be flattered not annoyed by her. Why are French ppl so pressed whenever someone doesn't speak French perfectly. Will forever stay a mystery 4 me.

Don't worry, it's really the same with all other languages in France:imcute: (bérets are in rn, gotta buy one before the summer starts)

People here are shy to speak in a foreign language because most people expect them to speak it perfectly :quirkney:

Hence the fact that French people suck at foreign languages even if we have to learn 2 foreign languages since middle school (it also has to do with the Latin Europe mentality and pride of their language: Italian/Spanish/French/Portuguese) :whatitellu:

Btw, I couldn't stop laughing when I learnt that Britney wrote this song :truthtea:

I just imagine her on Google Translate writing 'have *** with me' :haha:

Archived