Lucky music video in 4K 60FPS!

I just watched this on YouTube! I really love how you not only reworked the definition but also give your own ‘director’s cut’ edit to her music videos. I think I read somewhere you do it to avoid copyright? But it gives them a really fresh feel and I end up noticing new aspects of the videos I hadn’t paid attention to before.

Although I have zero knowledge myself of how any of this works, I do find the notion of upscaling very fascinating! Would you ever consider working on a bigger project like upscaling a performance/tour/documentary of hers?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

I just watched this on YouTube! I really love how you not only reworked the definition but also give your own ‘director’s cut’ edit to her music videos. I think I read somewhere you do it to avoid copyright? But it gives them a really fresh feel and I end up noticing new aspects of the videos I hadn’t paid attention to before.

Although I have zero knowledge myself of how any of this works, I do find the notion of upscaling very fascinating! Would you ever consider working on a bigger project like upscaling a performance/tour/documentary of hers?

Omg thank you so much for this awesome comment!! :makeitrain:

Exactly, I edit the music videos because YouTube don't let me to post the original ones, and even editing a little is not enough, YouTube says that from 1:34 to 2:10 (for example) there's a copyright content that blocks your video and no one can see it. So I have to edit the song to match the music videos and it took me weeks of work...

Yeah, I upscale the resolution from mastered/TV broadcasts videos, for now, I focus on music videos of Britney but I plan to enhance the quality of performances and documentaries etc. but I need the mastered versions or at least non-compressed ones so I will see if I can bring some of them.

Thank you for this comment!

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, MSTAR said:

Omg thank you so much for this awesome comment!! :makeitrain:

Exactly, I edit the music videos because YouTube don't let me to post the original ones, and even editing a little is not enough, YouTube says that from 1:34 to 2:10 (for example) there's a copyright content that blocks your video and no one can see it. So I have to edit the song to match the music videos and it took me weeks of work...

Yeah, I upscale the resolution from mastered/TV broadcasts videos, for now, I focus on music videos of Britney but I plan to enhance the quality of performances and documentaries etc. but I need the mastered versions or at least non-compressed ones so I will see if I can bring some of them.

Thank you for this comment!

You’re welcome - I’m pleased to have subscribed to your channel! I’m really grateful for your work. Looking forward to seeing what you upscale in the future :pumped:

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Hello everyone!

20 years ago, Oops I Did It Again was born... One of the best albums of Britney Spears! Here is my new video, Lucky in high quality (4K 60FPS), the quality is far better compared to the original VEVO one of the official Britney channel, I edited the music video sadly due to copyrights reasons and YouTube limitations (I re-edited and re-uploaded it 8 times to get it available on YouTube :yesokay:)

More Britney Spears videos in high quality? Check this thread: 

d2f16c62607bf6b581d457bb5aa52c46.thumb.jpg.a5eff34568129e2c5563acc521e971de.jpg

Thank you so much for your support! :cuteidk:

featured!

GIF by Power Rangers

• Love 2

Great job on the quality of these videos @MSTAR. What sort of upscaling software are you using? Are you able to export your videos at 24FPS? 60FPS interpolation ruins the cinematic feel of the video by blending frames together giving it a soap opera effect. Same for cropping a video's original aspect ratio into 16:9. Lucky was shot on a slightly wider frame than 16:9 but this has been cropped to 16:9. It doesn't make sense to crop aspect ratios as no matter how you crop it into a 16:9 frame, details from the original frame will be omitted. Same goes for 4:3 and 2.39:1 videos being cropped to 16:9. You lose details from cropping every frame and it makes more sense to keep the same aspect ratio the director of the video shot it at despite getting "black bars" either vertically (4:3) or horizontally (2.39:1) while watching on a 16:9 display.

Look I really appreciate your effort, but they are just terrible for all the reason. 60fps is something that should never happen unless you have their masters from the producers to begin with. plus those editing really make the music videos out of context and confusing.

look for this instead: 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Stifler's Mom said:

Look I really appreciate your effort, but they are just terrible for all the reason. 60fps is something that should never happen unless you have their masters from the producers to begin with. plus those editing really make the music videos out of context and confusing.

look for this instead: 

For the editing, I don't have the choice, it's not on my own if everyone want to see it on YouTube, then I have to edit the music video, and as Lucky don't have uncut or alternative scenes, editing it is the only option, besides uploading 30 seconds of preview. You know, editing those videos take me so much time and if I had the choice, I would only put the original but just to make the video avialable on YouTube, I had to edit it 8 times and upload it 8 times to get it available. I will upload maybe later on a drive the original music videos if I have enough time.

The goal of my videos are not meant to be "professionnal" but more meant to let everyone to access to a high quality music video, most of people search for a good quality on YouTube. They will not search on internet on their TV or smartphones for Pro-Res Master or Upscale etc, because they don't know enough from that. They search just for a good quality video compared to the VEVO ones.

I'm very sorry that you find my work terrible, I believed they were at least better than VEVO versions essentially on TV but anyway, I understand.

6 hours ago, GODNEYSPEARS99 said:

Great job on the quality of these videos @MSTAR. What sort of upscaling software are you using? Are you able to export your videos at 24FPS? 60FPS interpolation ruins the cinematic feel of the video by blending frames together giving it a soap opera effect. Same for cropping a video's original aspect ratio into 16:9. Lucky was shot on a slightly wider frame than 16:9 but this has been cropped to 16:9. It doesn't make sense to crop aspect ratios as no matter how you crop it into a 16:9 frame, details from the original frame will be omitted. Same goes for 4:3 and 2.39:1 videos being cropped to 16:9. You lose details from cropping every frame and it makes more sense to keep the same aspect ratio the director of the video shot it at despite getting "black bars" either vertically (4:3) or horizontally (2.39:1) while watching on a 16:9 display.

I know, the 60FPS is not liked by everyone, I'm aware. But I have a high demand for the 60FPS when I did OIDIA and Scream And Shout without the interpolation of 60FPS, many people complained because there is no 60FPS, many people prefer the 60FPS because it feels smoother but I understand your statement.

For the aspect ratio, I move each scene on the top or bottom or middle to keep the most information possible (if Britney is shown on the top of the 4/3 image, I move the image to the top to keeep her). It's not a static middle crop where we lose information. But the 16/9 is the standard ratio format, this remaster is for Smart 4K TVs or Monitors/Smartphones where black bars are not shown (most people complain about 4/3 black bars). But don't worry the most information on the 4/3 image are kept on my crop (I pay so much attention to keep everything as I said by moving each scene), but I understand that you don't like that don't worry.

PS: Lucky was slightly wider but it looked a little stretched or idk, I kept in the first the original ratio but I wasn't satisfacted to be honnest...

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, YoungOne said:

As a fan of Britney I understand the love but at the same time uploading her videos on YouTube isn’t appropriate since all of them have copyright and we must respect that.

for another side, you work is amazing! 

I know, but they took the monetization from my videos, I touch nothing from those videos, but as SME have the rights and hold copyrights of them, they touch money from my videos. I think we can consider my videos like remixes/edits/fan-made videos because they are fully edited.

But to be honnest, if her team remastered her videos before, there shouldn't be a reason to upscale ourself her videos.

Thank you so much!

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

I know, but they took the monetization from my videos, I touch nothing from those videos, but as SME have the rights and hold copyrights of them, they touch money from my videos. I think we can consider my videos like remixes/edits/fan-made videos because they are fully edited.

But to be honnest, if her team remastered her videos before, there shouldn't be a reason to upscale ourself her videos.

Thank you so much!

You’re absolutely right dear.

Your work on this masters is remarkable, RCA should get in contact with you to replace the vevo low quality videos we have. keep it up!

I’m looking forward for your next works.

ps: I wonder if you have the link for stronger since I love that too. I couldn’t find it.

• Love 1