Why do people hate "Radar"?

BritneyMinaj

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

I think people hate the video more than the song. It’s not her worst video, it’s just doesn’t fit the vibe of the song and hate that it’s a candies commercial. Again I’ll still take this than the Randee make me version any day

it used to be my favorite along with break the ice (in blackout era). when it leaked first, it was my favorite of the ones that leaked.  and then I don't know, I simply stop playing it but I should give it a listen today. I kinda miss it

I hate the high pitch of her voice in the song. I don't like when they mess up her vocals that much. Not a song worth having a deal where they had to release the song as a single. There are better songs on both Blackout and Circus that could have been released instead. 

I love Radar!! The music video is cool, maybe need a little a choreography or a dance part but I think the music don't let to... 

She was forced to do an mv for Radar and put it on Circus, because they gave Radar to Britney but she had to make it as single (and make an mv iirc?). I've read that somewhere. But why people hated it if it were added on Circus? :ehidk:

Anyway, it's a good song and still sounds modern but to be honnest, when I listen Piece Of Me and Radar, they sounds like they don't fit the style of Blackout or is it just me? I mean, Gimme More, Get Back, GN, HAS, BTI, WSIBS etc, sound all in the same theme but not Radar and Piece Of Me, idk.

Sorry for the ad, but if you want to watch again after 10 years Radar but in high quality and in 60FPS, here you go: 

9 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

I've always loved Radar and its performance on TCSBS.
However, I remember being really underwhelmed with the video when it came out because it didn't match the song at all. The original concept from '08 of her driving round London with her friends sounded so much better.

From what I l know, the original concept was Britney chasing a men with her friends in differents clubs and was planned to shot in June 2008. It'd be fun but I prefer the current music video in my opinion.

I didn’t realise people didn’t like it. It’s a fun song and the instrumental is so edgy. The only problem I have with it is the fact it was a bonus track on Circus and a single during that era. I would have preferred it as a Blackout single but I understand why it wasn’t in the end.

3 hours ago, MSTAR said:

I love Radar!! The music video is cool, maybe need a little a choreography or a dance part but I think the music don't let to... 

She was forced to do an mv for Radar and put it on Circus, because they gave Radar to Britney but she had to make it as single (and make an mv iirc?). I've read that somewhere. But why people hated it if it were added on Circus? :ehidk:

Anyway, it's a good song and still sounds modern but to be honnest, when I listen Piece Of Me and Radar, they sounds like they don't fit the style of Blackout or is it just me? I mean, Gimme More, Get Back, GN, HAS, BTI, WSIBS etc, sound all in the same theme but not Radar and Piece Of Me, idk.

Sorry for the ad, but if you want to watch again after 10 years Radar but in high quality and in 60FPS, here you go: 

I love the video for several reasons:
She was absolutely beautiful.
I love the concept of the video.
I like the love triangle.
I like the concept of a girl who has a boyfriend who only loves her as a trophy woman and who only loves himself( is cocky and posh)she is physically attracted to another guy (who seems to be a worker) and wants to have an affair with him.
I like that she compares boys (society always compares women).
I also have to say that the boy in the video is one of my physical prototypes.
What I really don't like is obviously the Candies commercial.

3 hours ago, Winter _90 said:

I love the video for several reasons:
She was absolutely beautiful.
I love the concept of the video.
I like the love triangle.
I like the concept of a girl who has a boyfriend who only loves her as a trophy woman and who only loves himself( is cocky and posh)she is physically attracted to another guy (who seems to be a worker) and wants to have an affair with him.
I like that she compares boys (society always compares women).
I also have to say that the boy in the video is one of my physical prototypes.
What I really don't like is obviously the Candies commercial.

Exactly! It changes a little from the style of Circus music videos, with Radar, it's like seeing a movie but way shorter that fits the 4 minutes, it's just well done!

Sorry if these were already mentioned, but I cbf reading the whole thread lol.

From what I remember, people (not me) hate it because:

* It was on like 4 or 5 of her albums in a row(Blackout, Circus, The Singles Collection, some random countries Deluxe Edition of FF, and B In The Mix 2).

* They thought the video was an ad for Candie’s & they preferred the Blackout concept that was teased (her chasing a guy through London). The horse was also a meme for some reason?? 

*By the time it became a single fans were over the song because we had already been listening to it for like 3 years. 

*Fans wanted Unusual You to be a single, and because Radar wasn’t that successful they blamed it for the Circus era ending prematurely. 

I personally like the song and the video but I can see why people have ill feelings towards it. 

I don’t think ppl hate it, it’s just tainted by the fact it was on 2 different albums AND was released as the 4th single from Circus. And the video of course, which personally I don’t think is bad, just not one of her best. I think because it was on blackout originally ppl had envisioned it having a darker vibe/video then what we ended up getting. I think ppl forget, Radar was voted to be the last single from the album by the fans. I remember there was a poll on her website. So ppl obviously like the song. I didn’t vote for it, I think I probably voted for Out from Under or Shattered Glass, though now I’d definitely vote for Unusual You. 

I immediately became obsessed with it when I first heard it. Its one of my favorite songs on Blackout :duadance:

Then it was released again as a BONUS TRACK on Circus. The same exact d@mn song :didilie:

Then we got that choice of a music video :tired:

She did however slay the song during the Circus tour :comingthru:

I love Radar but I only associate it with Blackout :bparty: 

Archived