Watch + Listen to Marina's "Purge The Poison" Music Video + Britney Reference

2 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I think it's one of those albums, such as Hard Candy by Madonna and Delirium by Ellie Goulding. They're really solid pop efforts, but they still pale in comparison with their respective artists' discographies. Personally, I genuinely enjoy LOVE + FEAR, but it's still my least favorite Marina album. The songwriting just isn't what it used to be, and I understand other people's criticisms as well even if I don't agree with them (bland and samey production that blends together too much).

Yeah it’s not my favorite album of hers, but I grow fonder of it with each listen :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:I hated End of the Earth at first and now I love that heavenly track. Especially watching her perform it live 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Martian_M00d said:

Did you see her during the Love + Fear tour?? That was my first concert seeing her in Chicago. Knocked it out of the park and the place was super packed 

Yeah I saw her last at The Hollywood Bowl in late 2019. I was supposed to see her in San Diego in April of last year but you know what happened :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Martian_M00d said:

I can only hear the snippet ( I dunno how people got a hold of the full song ) but it definitely sounds like some of the pop rock vibes from the family jewels and Froot, that's prolly my favorite genre for her sing marina and the diamonds GIF

The Family Jewels is miles beyond this. The video is a mess, especially during the Britney reference but she looks gorgeous. Nothing but her standing with a few outfit changes, this is her worst lead single sonically & visually in my opinion. Love + Fear even sounds better than this & man’s world. She has some decent material recorded for the album, but I have no clue what the final tracklist is. Hopefully the full project is enjoyable & she didn’t shelve it for all this humanitarian faux witch bull**** everyone’s been using lately. I really loved the instrumental because it reminded me of Bubblegum *****, but all the lyrics are terrible

7 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

The Family Jewels is miles beyond this. The video is a mess, especially during the Britney reference but she looks gorgeous. Nothing but her standing with a few outfit changes, this is her worst lead single sonically & visually in my opinion. Love + Fear even sounds better than this & man’s world. She has some decent material recorded for the album, but I have no clue what the final tracklist is. Hopefully the full project is enjoyable & she didn’t shelve it for all this humanitarian faux witch bull**** everyone’s been using lately. I really loved the instrumental because it reminded me of Bubblegum *****, but all the lyrics are terrible

Fair enough, I would argue Man's world is her lead single off this upcoming album. You said she has decent material recorded for it? Are there songs out there in the wild somewhere? 

2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Everyone hates L+F but I love it :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: 

I don't hate it , but compared to the previous albums I didn't really feel it , I do love handmade heaven , enjoy your life and no more suckers , and to be human , but it felt like she's getting a bit uncreative with some songs and I think on her new project she's going back to her roots a little, I just don't like when the lyrics are too obvious, I always prefer a little mystery to make it interesting .... 

• Love 4
Just now, ExXL said:

I don't hate it , but compared to the previous albums I didn't really feel it , I do love handmade heaven , enjoy your life and no more suckers , and to be human , but it felt like she's getting a bit uncreative with some songs and I think on her new project she's going back to her roots a little, I just don't like when the lyrics are too obvious, I always prefer a little mystery to make it interesting .... 

I agree with the lyrics part

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Martian_M00d said:

Fair enough, I would argue Man's world is her lead single off this upcoming album. You said she has decent material recorded for it? Are there songs out there in the wild somewhere? 

They’re not out in the wild, but they’re circulating. Alot of her stuff has being going around for over a decade, you didn’t hear the album’s worth of Love & Fear tracks that leaked? There’s alot more locked away including stuff from the new album. Man’s World was so awful I forgot about it, I still stand on it being her worst single. The limited edition vinyl is pretty though, glad I ordered one I have all of her other ones except for Mowgli’s Road

4 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

They’re not out in the wild, but they’re circulating. Alot of her stuff has being going around for over a decade, you didn’t hear the album’s worth of Love & Fear tracks that leaked? There’s alot more locked away including stuff from the new album. Man’s World was so awful I forgot about it, I still stand on it being her worst single. The limited edition vinyl is pretty though, glad I ordered one I have all of her other ones except for Mowgli’s Road

See I actually enjoyed Man's World, so I guess I'll enjoy Purge the Poison :jumpney_britney_green_excited_yay:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

yeah that's what's bothered me about her lately she seems to be forcing this whole "making music the world needs".

I feel like she used to effortlessly be able to have her social commentary authentically baked into great pop music/visuals without trying to hard.

In general, I hate when the "message" of the music overshadows the music itself. it's cringe to me.

but I still have hope, cause I loved Family Jewels, Electra Heart & Froot so much.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Yeah I saw her last at The Hollywood Bowl in late 2019. I was supposed to see her in San Diego in April of last year but you know what happened :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

Do you mean the Greek Theatre in LA? Also an outdoor Theatre. I was at that show too! By myself lol 💔:drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, femmepop said:

Do you mean the Greek Theatre in LA? Also an outdoor Theatre. I was at that show too! By myself lol 💔:drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

Omg yes in October. I was waking up and didn’t realize my mistake :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: and I’ve gone to concerts by myself too when people end up not being able to go last minute or I plan something spontaneous. I always meet people so it’s not a big deal :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: let’s go to the next one :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: we can have a little Exhale group! 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Omg yes in October. I was waking up and didn’t realize my mistake :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: and I’ve gone to concerts by myself too when people end up not being able to go last minute or I plan something spontaneous. I always meet people so it’s not a big deal :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: let’s go to the next one :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: we can have a little Exhale group! 

YES! She's always so good live. super down to meet up at the next one :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

• Love 1
5 hours ago, femmepop said:

yeah that's what's bothered me about her lately she seems to be forcing this whole "making music the world needs".

I feel like she used to effortlessly be able to have her social commentary authentically baked into great pop music/visuals without trying to hard.

In general, I hate when the "message" of the music overshadows the music itself. it's cringe to me.

but I still have hope, cause I loved Family Jewels, Electra Heart & Froot so much.

She said the album would only feature female producers, and the lead single is literally titled Man's World, so it's pretty safe to say the album is going to be very political and anthemic, which is a shame because I like her more personal songs. Lately, she's had this tendency of stringing together very general, surface level one-liners when it comes to social commentary in her lyrics. I feel like she used to be a lot more witty and go more in-depth. I'm still mega excited nevertheless. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, ExXL said:

I respect that 

• Love 1

Loving the new looks/vibe/imagery in this video.. she's really giving me Neon Nature throwback. she's so gorgeous as always, it's the Greek goddess glow for me.

love that the track is more rock sounding like Bubblegum ***** production.

I'm not going to make any large statements about how I feel about the music until I hear the album in full...I feel like sometimes we all judge things too quickly instead of just letting them exist for a while.

I like the weird title of the album and I do appreciate the shorter tracklist which makes me feel like all the songs will be solid (which was my main problem with L+F is that I thought it should have been cut down to 10 )

I'm excited for June! Love that Marina is back!

Marina And The Diamonds GIF by MARINA

• Love 1