David LaChapelle Takes Ownership of New Album Artwork

People here are bringing up good points. Something tells me they didn’t tell him they were gonna use the picture and it upset him. Why wouldn’t it?

Like the video or not, you have to admit the entire situation was really ****ty and they treated him bad. I do not believe for a damn second it was Britney’s idea to scrap the video. She was ON BOARD in the footage and that video of her calling him an ******* really sounds like playful banter to me. It didn’t make sense to me in 2016, but it’s extremely obvious the religious undertones/overt sexuality is why the video was scrapped. Someone, I’ll let you figure out who, wasn’t happy with that

For them to go through all the troubles of making a video to then scrap it is so ****ty. And then to not use any of the photoshoot minus the Make Me single art only to then credit Randee is so damn rude. Then they leaked his unedited and unfinished music video. Then they decide to change the cover of Glory and use one of the photos they previously denied from being released. It’s just bonkers and so disrespectful. I wouldn’t doubt it if they didn’t tell him they were gonna release his pic. Also didnt David practically come out of retirement for the project?

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

People here are bringing up good points. Something tells me they didn’t tell him they were gonna use the picture and it upset him. Why wouldn’t it?

Like the video or not, you have to admit the entire situation was really ****ty and they treated in bad. I do not believe for a damn second it was Britney’s idea to scrap the video. She was ON BOARD in the footage and that video of her calling him an ******* really sounds like playful banter to me. It didn’t make sense to me in 2016, but it’s extremely obvious the religious undertones/overt sexuality is why the video was scrapped. Someone, I’ll let you figure out who, wasn’t happy with that

For them to go through all the troubles of making a video to then scrap it is so ****ty. And then to not use any of the photoshoot minus the Make Me single art only to then credit Randee is so damn rude. Then they leaked his unedited and unfinished music video. Then they decide to change the cover of Glory and use one of the photos they previously denied from being released. It’s just bonkers and so disrespectful. I wouldn’t doubt it if they didn’t tell him they were gonna release his pic. Also didnt David practically come out of retirement for the project?

FJ0p.gif

• Haha 2

Well it’s clear now that Britney’s vision was all about being caged, chained and trapped with her visuals for the Glory era (cage in original Make Me, chains on new Glory cover). And obvi. team B censored her and the message she wanted to get out there. It’s so frustrating. I’m just happy Britney goes behind their backs and releases the stuff anyway. I’m sure she’s behind that original Make Me video leak.

• Like 8
On 5/10/2020 at 4:42 AM, puppylo16 said:

I don’t think there were any, when a fan met him in person and asked him about it he looked sad so he probably knows the real truth as he shot her many times over the years, this is the same guy that vowed never to work with Madonna ever again because she is such a *****. Everyone who’s worked with her before has complained about her team. It’s like having a house party supervised by your dad.

Imagine going to work to shoot a video for the princess of pop, a genuine artist, and you’re barely allowed to look/touch/talk to her. No wonder why he was pissed off, I don’t blame him. 

I know a lot of people that would react the same in any situation. He’s there to work, not to tip toe around her and her team. Especially considering he came out of RETIREMENT for the album

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Scrapped by Britney or not, the MV is trash. God I wish it never existed

It's not the final cut though. It's a mixture of scenes that David himself confirmed wasn't the real video. It obviously doesn't make sense because it's not the finalised video, instead a collection of scenes :lessons:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Like the video or not, you have to admit the entire situation was really ****ty and they treated him bad. I do not believe for a damn second it was Britney’s idea to scrap the video. She was ON BOARD in the footage and that video of her calling him an ******* really sounds like playful banter to me. It didn’t make sense to me in 2016, but it’s extremely obvious the religious undertones/overt sexuality is why the video was scrapped. Someone, I’ll let you figure out who, wasn’t happy with that

Either way the controversy that surrounds Glory is similar to that of Blackout so he and everyone involved should be happy. My only criticism is RCA not using this situation to their benefit. They could have released a dance video for Make Me. The could have released a fan demanded version of Make Me with the old footage. They could have released SP right after the hype they would have gotten after dropping the original Make Me video. They could have done anything to show that they were on Britney’s side rather than Jamie’s. No wonder everyone wants Britney to switch labels. I think Capital Records will do justice for Britney. They treat every Katy single as if it was a 10 week #1 and they always stand by Katy even when her singles flop and they know who to feature on her records to help make them go #1. RCA never did that with Britney. If a single flops then they just cancel the era. They never stood by Britney.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
50 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

Imagine going to work to shoot a video for the princess of pop, a genuine artist, and you’re barely allowed to look/touch/talk to her. No wonder why he was pissed off, I don’t blame him. 

I know a lot of people that would react the same in any situation. He’s there to work, not to tip toe around her and her team. Especially considering he came out of RETIREMENT for the album

It must have been heartbreaking for him as he probably did came in looking forward to it because it looks like a lot of thought was put into it just like how Everytime had lots of symbolisms. And she was probably looking forward to a familiar face. Her eyes never lie and she looked more into it than Randee’s version.

Hearing many media professionals ranting about how nit picky her team is, I knew it was going to go down like that. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, reecejwilson said:

It's not the final cut though. It's a mixture of scenes that David himself confirmed wasn't the real video. It obviously doesn't make sense because it's not the finalised video, instead a collection of scenes :lessons:

I really wanted to see the desert footage. 

• Like 1

A lot has been said about the “Make Me” visuals, my take on this is that the original video should have been released, I’d have a David LaChapelle Video any day over the bland “Disney Junior” version we ended up with! 

The single cover and new album cover for Glory are gorgeous. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
40 minutes ago, umr3000 said:

A lot has been said about the “Make Me” visuals, my take on this is that the original video should have been released, I’d have a David LaChapelle Video any day over the bland “Disney Junior” version we ended up with! 

The single cover and new album cover for Glory are gorgeous. 

Disney Junior :uknowit: