David LaChapelle Takes Ownership of New Album Artwork

• Super Mods
15 minutes ago, Cheshire-B said:

I don't think David hates Britney, he knows her since the beginning ! 

Yeah there’s an interview or somewhere (not the rolling stone one) but he was talking about how they took wholesome photos and particularly that photo her shirt was all buttoned up but he wanted to spice it up and play up an image, he asked her permission as he’s respectful and he was amazed that she totally got. She knew what his idea was and played it up until Larry walked in and asked what’s going on? That’s when she turned on him and said oh yeah I don’t know I’m uncomfortable. David felt betrayed as he thought they were a team. As Larry leaves she says lock the door and unbuttons her shirt open. He comments that that’s when he realizes what a genius she is.

Also Britney wrote on her stream of consciousness that she was so proud of the Everytime video and that David basically brought her vision to life and how he has an amazing eye and creativity. And David only said that Britney just wanted to die. I don’t think she would have hired David in the first place because he’s known for provocative images. Pretty sure Lou looked him up and saw his controversial religious photos and chucked her laptop out the window with rage hence she scrapped the video because Britney throwing that tv out the window triggers her seizures :tbh: 

• Love 1
  • Like 8

I think Jamie is the one who cancelled the original make me video. Maybe cuz of cage scene. I think Britney doesn't have a problem at all with the video. She came up with the idea of cage scene and red painted body. So probably team c-ship wanted to edit and cut some scenes. Then David refused to do that. So we ended up Disney version of make me. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Dreamer26 said:

I think Jamie is the one who cancelled the original make me video. Maybe cuz of cage scene. I think Britney doesn't have a problem at all with the video. She came up with the idea of cage scene and red painted body. So probably team c-ship wanted to edit and cut some scenes. Then David refused to do that. So we ended up Disney version of make me. 

disney channel wand GIF by BuzzFeed

• Haha 2
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Dreamer26 said:

No he was there when she was doing it, he even helped paint her. I think it’s the *** scene and the choreography of simulating **** ***. No daddy wants to see that 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, nwonder said:

I got the sense that DL is fed up of working with big celebrities (and their teams) so I'm doubtful he'll work with her or any famous artist again. Who knows

He did a long time ago, not sure if this was his first out of retirement but years ago there was an interview about how he was sick of taking celebrity pictures and escaped to a ranch or farm where he did the exact opposite of his usual gaudy style. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I think its clear that Glory was an album Britney took control over in every sense, except the final meetings and approvals.

The video featuring a cage scene she suggested was scrapped.

She spoke about the Cship in a televised interview, that part was scrapped.

We now have the cover of the album; basking in sunlight, with a chain around her. Scrapped.

Her team is terrified that Britney herself could make a statement.

• Like 7

I remember back in 2016 someone commenting Make Me was scrapped because of Lou Taylor and her religious beliefs, and back then mostly of us didn't really know much about that woman - and many of us knew but we had no idea how she impacts Britney's life. I never understood why she would be the reason why they scrapped the video

Then when the video leaked there was a concept about garden of eden

• Like 1

The man shot her half naked at barely 17 years old, against everyone’s wishes. I find him just as creepy as anyone in her team. I really don’t know how anyone can look past that fact. She was a child. 

He was on a podcast not to long ago and said the same thing he did in that post, that Britney has little to do with the videos and there was something always “off and unsettling” surrounding Britney since day 1. I wasn’t sure if he meant Britney’s mental health or her stage parents bc he referenced how creepy her childhood home was.